Ttc January, but ready to try this month

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
DH and I decided earlier in the year that we would start TTC in January; months ahead of time, it looked like my fertile period would be around our anniversary, just at the turn of the new year. So that was really a big plus for him, that he would feel like we've been married long enough (that was much more important to him than to me).
But the past two months, I've had cycles that were off. The first by just 5 days but this last month I was 2 weeks late (but I knew it was because of ovulating late). Long story short, I'll ovulate a few days before Christmas and then wouldn't again until late January most likely. Now, I realize that one month is NO BIG, but the end of January sounds so so far away. I was looking forward to there still being a holiday to start trying, like there would be less stress involved.
So my question is, considering he really wanted to wait till January, is it worth it to bring up that we could try sooner? I don't even think he would care if we talked about it, but I think I'll be disappointed if he really wants to wait. Just seems like a long time (and I know it's not). Opinions? Thoughts? Why am i being so emotionally weird about it, ugh!

Would it be a total disaster if you got pregnant? Or would it still work with your plans to be pregnant a month earlier? If it's something you could roll with totally go for it.

Hun, I know exactly how you feel. We've decided to not ttc again until April and I'm going nuts thinking about what I'm going to do with myself in the meantime. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to talk him into it a bit sooner. Of course, we can't force our men to if they are set in their ways, but I think you should try to talk to him. If he is cool with it, which usually they are because men have it easy lol, then you will have your answer. If he is not on board, I would say just try to keep yourself preoccupied with the upcoming holidays. That's what I'm trying to do anyways. Once the holidays are over though I have no idea what I'm going to do :shrug:

Reiko_ctu- The only problem is how close finals for graduate school and giving birth would be. I think there would be some time between finals and labor, but my worst nightmare is going into labor early during a final (or on the way to a final...or...you get the point). I'm 100% positive my professors would be understanding (it's a pretty good excuse to missing a test...), but it's hard to tell this far in advance when finals would actually take place. And of course, I could ovulate late again this month, and I know it doesn't necessarily mean we will get pregnant this month either.
I talked about it with my husband, and he just said that while he originally was wanting to wait till January to feel like we had been married a sufficient amount of time, that is less important to him now. There have been several times where he has said recently that he can't wait to start a family- even has brought up that we're talking about it to friends without any prodding from others. His only concern is exactly what I brought up above, that it would be stressful for me to be that pregnant going into finals. That even giving it a month more would give more insurance that I wouldn't give birth while presenting a case study to my class ;-p
So, I guess it really makes sense, and it helps that it's not waiting till January just to "be married long enough" (as if someone is checking to make sure we've passed that mark, haha). I guess I'll double down on school once the new year comes and wait for late January to come. It's not THAT far, after all

It's not! If it's one thing I've learned while ttc, if you think it's not good timing to get pregnant you probably will lol! Murphy's law!! It's not too long to wait, holidays to keep you busy and you might not have another long cycle! You can come wait with us over in the WTT new year thread too!! I'm mid-late January too!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/waiting-to-try/2416931-wtt-new-year-4.html#post37959437

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->