Ttc number 3 :)

Thanks ladies

Aw im sorry Katy, that dreaded AF! As if it's not enough that it tells us we aren't pregnant but it's painful and horrible to boot!!

Jelly I agree with monkers time to poas!

Hi oculi! I used to start testing at about 9dpo hehe!! You'll have to let us know if you have any symptoms during the TWW

AFM we bd'd last night, I didn't think anything of it as my cycles used to be as long as 35 days with O on cd21 but I just took an opk and I have a fairly dark line!! I don't think it's quite O time yet as ive not had any symptoms or signs but I'll test again later.

Monkers, yup! That's why I probably won't be able to wait until AF due date. Ah.. Who am I kidding. I DEFINITELY won't be able to wait until then! I admit it... I'm a poasaholic, too! ��

Bailey, sure, I'll let you know if I have any symptoms. Did have some cramping at 5dpo. But I think that's too early to mean anything. Didn't have any symptoms with my first two pregnancies so, don't really expect it to be any different if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant a third time.
Did you all have any symptoms with your previous pregnancies?

Yay for the poasholics :)

I didn't have symptoms with my daughter I just wasn't feeling right, so went to the GP who asked if I could be pregnant?? I was on the pill so didn't think it was even a possibility but went to Sainsbury's on way home and did a test and there was a nice dark line :)

With my son I was waiting for my period to come but although I had the cramps and backache nothing so I did a test out of curiosity and yep pregnant .. over the next week my boobs got horribly sore with him though to the point they were untouchable and the pain made me feel sick!!

They weren't planned (although very much wanted) so there wasn't a 2WW or any symptom spotting.

Oh no Katy :-( sorry Af showed - on the plus side only 5 days behind me now and also monkers and I have long cycles so we will have a few ovulating at same time :)

Jelly Deffo poas! :) I am also a poasaholic too so there is no hope ha ha. Deffo for me I was super emotional last cycle and I think that was coming off BC - annoying because they are pregnancy symptoms too so a little confusing!!

Oculi - unless the 5dpo cramps were implantation?

Yeah Hannah could be right Oculi, could have been implantation!

With my first pregnancy I don't think I really had any symptoms I was just late with AF so tested, it was a surprise so didn't really notice. Sadly I had MMC with that pregnancy so began actively TTC after all was safe to do so and only thing I noticed was sore boobs. My son was another surprise and with him I had cramping and baby brain, that's what made me think to test as it was still another day or two til AF.

It will be nice if a few are ovulating together. I love symptom spotting and hearing about others symptoms, it's all so exciting!!

My OPKs are getting darker and I actually felt some O twinges from my right ovary earlier eeek! I want to bd again tonight but fear my hubby might get suspicious as we are supposed to be waiting til after Christmas hehe!

And as you can probably already tell I am also a poasaholic!!

I'll have to come back tomorrow (hopefully!) and respond as I have an early morning and am hoping to get some sleep for once (seems rare these days).

I was hoping someone could look at these pics at let me know what they think.

I think my 2 transitional ferning days were more dietary than anything (like from the day prior as I had tested before eating / drinking and then waited the appropriate amount of time before testing later in the day). I had no ferning at all on Sunday.

Had some "transitional" ferning today, but I have no idea if it could be anything from what I ate yesterday or if it's hormonal.

Also I took this OPK this afternoon. It's the darkest one I've had yet (they've been very faint or non existant so far), but I'm thinking it's still negative. I'm hoping that even if it's still negative, that the fact that it's darker than all the others I've had so far is a good sign.

Any input?

Including OPK from this afternoon and a "ferning" pic (I doubt it's hormonal though - and I'm awful at taking pics from the microscope - still practicing!).

Thoughts?

Attachments

• LH.jpg
    LH.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
  • fern.jpg
    fern.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks girls.

Symptoms... When TTC my first, it took us exactly two years. I usually had very strong PMS but the cycle I got pregnant - nothing except some cramping, which was a bit different, boob pain and a headache about two days before AF was due. When I was pregnant for the second time, I had terrible AF cramps, I was sure it was coming but I had a bunch of tests and I tested because I could. I lost that one at 6 weeks. I was bleeding for a week or so before that but was terribly sick and getting worse. I was sick for two weeks after losing it. Strange. Then it got better and I tested exactly four weeks later (I knew when I was ovulating) and the test was positive again. No symptoms.

Yay for Oing together. We'll be able to compare symptoms too. Can't wait. And hopefully getting BFPs together as well.

Spunky, I wouldn't consider your OPK positive. But some don't ever get really positive tests and they still ovulate just fine. I consider mine positive when the test line is not Quite as strong as the control line and I've been proven right by AF timing countless times.
Keep testing, maybe several times a day.

Spunky- i would also say probs not a positive, but getting closer ESP if the others were barely there that one is definitely darker!

Spunky I would say that's not quite a positive yet but if it's darker than your others then you will possibly be starting your surge soon, I would start testing with OPKs a couple of times a day now as it's possible to miss it ... fingers crossed for the positive OPK xx

Really?? Implantation at 5dpo is possible?? Thought it takes at least a week? But anyway.. Not trying to be pessimistic but also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Don't remember what day I tested with my first pregnancy but I checked my calendar and with my 2nd I tested at 10dpo and got a BFN. Tested again at 12dpo and got my BFP. Trying very hard not to poas just yet. *sigh* why couldn't nature think of something better to let us know we're pregnant. Like letting our nipples glow in the dark or turn neon green as soon as implantation occurs! Lol! That would end all the guessing games. ����

Spunky, yup, I'd say it's not a positive opk yet, too.

Really?? Implantation at 5dpo is possible?? Thought it takes at least a week? But anyway.. Not trying to be pessimistic but also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Don't remember what day I tested with my first pregnancy but I checked my calendar and with my 2nd I tested at 10dpo and got a BFN. Tested again at 12dpo and got my BFP. Trying very hard not to poas just yet. *sigh* why couldn't nature think of something better to let us know we're pregnant. Like letting our nipples glow in the dark or turn neon green as soon as implantation occurs! Lol! That would end all the guessing games. ����

Spunky, yup, I'd say it's not a positive opk yet, too.

I got a beautiful implantation dip with DS's pregnancy at 5dpo on my temp chart and tested positive a few days later so it is deffo possible (but yes usually is later!) lol - can you imagine glow in the dark nipples ha ha. All the guessing games are half the fun (and pain) I suppose!

Hehehe that made me giggle the glow in the dark nipples, would be much easier though!

Yeah I've read it can be as early as 5dpo too oculi, not sure whether it's right but you never know?

Think I've had my positive opk today. Tried to attach the pic but it's says it's too large! DH has seen the opks thought he so not sure if we'all bd tonight as he might feel under pressure.

I've read it can be as early as 5dpo... glow in the dark nipples brilliant lol!! But then we'd still be guessing I can just imagine myself ... mmm they seem to have to green tinge ...2hours after BD haha!!

Bailey if you upload to tinypic then you can copy the link for the picture onto here!! I find it's best that way as it doesn't lose the photo quality like attaching files straight onto here too ... hope you manage to get some BD in tonight!!

As for me I'm feeling bored!! This part of the cycle is boring!! Roll on fertile days!!
Hope all is well with everyone xx

TBO, I wouldn't want implantation as early as 5 dpo because I would be worried about an ectopic pregnancy. An embryo needs time to get to the uterus.

Hannah, ok, I see. I'm not charting so, I've no idea whether the cramps at 5dpo had anything to do with implantation. I'm now 9dpo and having some cramping again. Trying not to read anything into it though.

Bailey, did you take any more ovulation tests? Did the second line get darker or fainter?

Katy, my OBGYN once told me it can take any time from 3 - 10 days for the embryo to implant. I don't necessarily think the cramps at 5dpo were implantation cramps though. I think mine always implant a bit later. Never got a BFP before AF due date.

Hannahspanner: Welcome! How long have you been of bc now?

Katy78: I hope your kids are feeling better! It's so hard when they're sick. Sorry to hear about AF showing :(

What times of the day would you suggest testing with the OPK? I've been generally doing morning (usually 5:30 - 7:00 am depending on my wake time for class or the kids, and then usually around 2. Sometimes I'll do a third in the evening, but not always.

monkers: I'm anxious about things, so I've been testing both morning and afternoon. I agree with the others that I'd count the 8th as CD1.

baileybubs: Welcome! Hopefully the dark OPK is right in that O is almost here (or already since it's been a couple of days).

When I was younger, cm was so much easier to notice. Granted back then I had no idea what it all meant. I was able to identify it better around the time we were ttc DD. I haven't noticed it over the last couple years like I had before.

Oculi83: Welcome and good luck! I didn't have symptoms early with either of mine. I tested at 13 DPO with DD, and the only thing I remember with her was slight one sided cramping at 11 DPO. Otherwise I had nothing until after with both. Hopefully the cramping is a good sign for you though!

I think waiting to POAS is awful. Agonizing really. Another poasaholic here lol I'm doing it with OPKs and I did several hpts with both of my kids lol DH actually had to tell me to stop!

jellybean87: Keeping fingers crossed for you! Hopefully it's more than just from coming of bc!

_____

Sorry I'm so behind!

Honestly, I'm just hating my body these days. I'm pretty certain nothing will happen. Once I'm out with this cycle, I'm out for a couple of years.

Unfortunately the darkest OPK i've had that I posted Monday is all I had. It was still darker yesterday than my usual, but still lighter than Monday's. Today it's back to being very light.

Absolutely no ferning at all yesterday or today which makes me feel confident that any ferning has been strictly dietary.

CM Monday was more than usual - strong mix of creamy and watery. When I was checking, I actually expected ewcm based on what it felt like, but it was the creamatery. But in more amounts (but not copious). Checked again a couple of hours later as I wanted to make sure and actually had what seemed like a small amount of ewcm (appropriate consistency and stretchy), but then a couple hours later back to the creamatery, but in less amount that the first. The last time we BD was 2.5 days prior, so I doubt it could've been from that, but who knows. Maybe.

CP on Monday was MMM. Yesterday it was high, closed, and seemed like partially firm and partially medium. Today, medium, firm, and closed.

FF has dotted cross hairs, showing possible ovulation CD 15 (Oct 6). My temps are so screwy and inconsistent, that it's probably unlikely. I thought it was too early to be possible, but I thought back to when I was pregnant with my son and the dates that worked out then and now has O on CD 15. With me being irregular, it's possible, but also might not be.

So I don't know. I'm frustrated with my body. It'd be frustrating regardless, but it just feels hopeless since this is our only shot for awhile.

Why have I not jumped into this post yet!!

I have a 3 and a 5 year old. We are trying now for number 3 and am on my 9th month (i think).

So 8 days until testing according to my app.

Gypsy99, welcome! :dust:

AFM, CD 4, waiting for AF to end. DS 2 still has a runny nose and we are up a lot during the night. Ah well, it'll get better eventually. I'm getting used to it I guess. I can function just fine on 4 or 5 hrs of sleep a night... DS 1 went to kindergarten today. I hope he won't pick up something new right away...
I started taking femara yesterday, I kind of gave up on TTC without meds as it's never really happened before (1st and 2nd pregnancy on clomid, 3rd right after the m/c - I think my ovaries were stimulated by hcg from the previous pregnancy). I hope it works.

How is everybody?

Spunky, thanks! is it possible that you just missed the positive opk? Did you test again on the same day you got the darker line?

Gypsy, welcome! 6 days until I can test according to my app! But knowing me, I'll start testing before then. Maybe on Sunday? Ah.. I don't know..!

Katy, lots of baby dust for you this cycle!! What CD do you usually ovulate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->