Ttc number 3 :)

I saw a line to oculi and I never normally do when they are faint. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Sorry I disappeared for a few days had a bit of a wobble about if it's the right thing to ttc. Dh and I have been talking and I think what's worrying me is that I know my parents won't be pleased (they aren't the most hands on grandparents!) and I'm worrying about not having much support around me as dh works long hours but Ive managed to calm down and we are still ttc.

I tested a couple of days ago and it was a bfn :( hopefully af will arrive soon and I'll know where I am in my cycle.

Jellybean - I've had similar wobbles this week as I've had some sort of viral bug that has me exhausted and I suddenly went "AHHHH what the hell am I thinking?!" My family are all in the UK and the in laws here in Ireland have never helped at all with the 2 we already have so it has always been a similar situation support wise. My hubby has also had a lot of surgeries so he isn't 100% able to help out esp not with a newborn as he can't lift and carry etc so I've had my moments where I think it would be too much, but at the same time (as he has pointed out!) we do always somehow manage and if it's meant to be it will be :) Once you get the cycle restarted at least you will be able to draw the line and get started and move forward :)

Hmm.. I took another test this morning. The line is still there but don't think it's any darker. Maybe because I took the tests about 14 hrs apart when it takes about 48 hrs for HCG to double. Or maybe it's a chemical. I don't know. I tried to take a picture of it but my camera just wouldn't focus properly. I also took a cheapo test and there's a very faint line, too. You can barely see it in reality so it's very difficult to take a picture of it. It's on the left side of those flower thingies.
Anyway, I decided I'll wait another 2 days before I take any more pregnancy tests. That way I know that if the line isn't darker by then, it's probably just a chemical. I'll keep you all posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
Jellybean, I totally get what you mean. I'm pretty sure my parents won't be all too 'thrilled' either. When I was talking about having a third child my mom told me to think long and hard about this. I'm in a similar situation as you. But for me it's the other way around. I'm overseas so, I only have my MIL to help me out. But I haven't gotten any help from her in a long time as she is looking after my SIL's kids. So, I hope by the time we have our third baby she'll be able to help me out a little bit (at least initially). My hubby runs his own business so, he's very busy and works long hours, too.

Hmm.. I took another test this morning. The line is still there but don't think it's any darker. Maybe because I took the tests about 14 hrs apart when it takes about 48 hrs for HCG to double. Or maybe it's a chemical. I don't know. I tried to take a picture of it but my camera just wouldn't focus properly. I also took a cheapo test and there's a very faint line, too. You can barely see it in reality so it's very difficult to take a picture of it. It's on the left side of those flower thingies.
Anyway, I decided I'll wait another 2 days before I take any more pregnancy tests. That way I know that if the line isn't darker by then, it's probably just a chemical. I'll keep you all posted.

It's still there but still early too so maybe just needs the extra 2 days to darken :) I tested everyday with DD and definitely a few days varied in the line which had me worried by they did eventually get darker. Fingers crossed!

Thanks! �� with dd I tested 10dpo and got a definite BFN. Tested again 12dpo and got a faint positive. 14dpo I got a clear positive. So, I'll test again in a couple of days and see what I get. It's our first month trying so, if I don't get a BFP it'll suck but there's always the next cycle. ;)

Btw.. I found this website quite helpful https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/results-by-day-past-ovulation.php

Hi ladies sorry I've been MIA, had such a busy week!

Oculi I could deffo see a line too, fx'd another couple of days and you'll get that BFP!!

Jellybean and Hannah it's hard thinking about how you will cope especially with little supoort.

Katy I hope your LO is feeling better, it's so hard when they are ill.

AFM I must have definitely O'd on Tuesday as by Wednesday my opks were back to no line. So that makes me 4dpo today. I have some weird cramps going on but I don't want to read too much into them as it's still really early. Think I'll test at 10dpo (I would try and wait longer but I know I won't be able to lol!!).

Ooh bailey that's exciting! Now just the waiting again :)

I'm still getting a "highly fertile" flashing smiley on my opk but bought some cheapy non digital ones today and the line is still very faint so I think I am least another few days from ovulation! Just a waiting game really but hoping to get a true definite smiley in next few days :)

I'm sorry other haven't got much support either. We will all manage though if we can cope with 2, 3 will be a breeze! (Or so I keep trying to convince myself :) haha)

Jellybean I've heard a lot of people with 3 or more kids saying that the change from 1-2 kids is much harder than the change from 2-3. Not sure if that's true or not!

Thanks Hannah, I'm trying my hardest not to get my hopes up but I'm not doing very well! I keep seeing "signs" that the universe is telling me I'm pregnant hehe! Make sure you get some bd in now whilst you are in the lead up to ovulation, fingers crossed you catch that egg!

Jellybean I've heard a lot of people with 3 or more kids saying that the change from 1-2 kids is much harder than the change from 2-3. Not sure if that's true or not!

Thanks Hannah, I'm trying my hardest not to get my hopes up but I'm not doing very well! I keep seeing "signs" that the universe is telling me I'm pregnant hehe! Make sure you get some bd in now whilst you are in the lead up to ovulation, fingers crossed you catch that egg!

Yes lots of BD in but my temps are confusing me so now as went up again this morning and looks like I already ovulated .....waiting to see what tomorrow's opk test and temp says to see what is what - hopefully it will make things a bit clearer and not even more confused lol!!

I think going from one to 2 is definitely really tough so I can see how 2-3 might actually not be quite so bad.......let's hope that really is true ha ha :) My first two only a year apart so I'm telling myself it can't be any worse than THaT!

I was the same the other month when we were discussing whether or not to ttc #3, every magazine on the shelves mentioned somebody pregnant, every corner I seemed to see a pregnant woman or a newborn lol.....mad

Ok ladies.. I know I said I won't test today. But I just couldn't help it. I had 3 cheapos and 1 clearblue test left so, I thought I'd just use a cheapo for a FMU test. There was still a line but barely visible. So, I went on to get my kids changed and dressed and prepare breakfast etc. Throughout the morning I kept getting AF like cramps so I kept on running to the toilet thinking AF came. But nothing. So I thought screw it.. I'll take another test just for the heck of it! And the line was darker (still faint though) with SMU! What the heck?? Shouldn't FMU give a better result?
I tried to take a picture of yesterday's and today's test but it doesn't show very well on the pictures (top=yesterday's test, bottom= today's SMU test). What do you all think? I've ordered a digital test which should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 9
Ooooh Oculi that's looking very promising!! What dpo are you now?

I'm pretty sure I'm building up to Ov ... sex drive is through the roof and ewcm!! Getting lots of BD in n hoping I Ovulate soon otherwise hubby is gonna be worn out :haha:

My OPK was negative last night but looks as though it's getting darker I'll post a pic for the poas addicts .. just hoping I didn't miss the surge as my OPKs didn't arrive until yesterday ....

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpg
    IMG_8442.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
Monkers, I'm 12dpo. I'll test again tomorrow.

LOL! Your OPK looks like you're going to have a positive within the next day or two!! When did you start getting ewcm?

Hannah mine are only a year apart too (well 14 months) and my ex left when my second was only 8 weeks so I feel the same, if I can handle that surely just adding another will be a breeze (wishful thinking!!)

Oculi its looking good to me Hun! Sometimes the tests themselves vary in sensitivity so maybe the one from SMU was just more sensitive? Keep us posted and keeping those fxd!!

Monkers do your opks normally go dark? I know for some people they can have faint lines anywhere in the month whereas for me it's no line at all followed by lines that aren't particularly dark for a couple of days, then back to no line again after O

Bailey, wow! I hope you had lots of support when your ex left! Must have been incredibly tough! :(

I did a little bit of research and found this: "urine that has sat in your bladder for 8 hrs overnight is stale, and the hormones that were in it have begun to break down. So your SMU is typically fresh urine and give better results!l"
Kinda makes sense.

Oculi you know now you say that I do remember reading something like that when I was TTC my first and it totally makes sense! Oooh so excited to see your next test!!

And yeah it was hard but totally for the best. Think having our second (and accidental!) baby just was too much for him, he wasn't man enough to handle it. Thankfully my hubby was more than able to step into his shoes and I'm so excited to be TTC for a baby with him now.

That's interesting about SMU. I have completely lost track this cycle. I think that is what I wanted though not to get all wound up in every little symptom, plus I have been so busy this last week. I think AF is due this weekend lol.

I'm home today with no.2 issues. Must have eaten something off yesterday.

Monkers get bding!!! looks pretty close to me too.

Hellooo...

Can't wait to see your next test tomorrow Oculi, hoping you get a nice obvious line!! How are you feeling??

Wow Bailey that must of been so hard for you at the time!! Sounds like your hubby is a real man :) and must be so exciting this time round with a man who's already proved himself!!

Hi gypsy sorry to hear your not well :( hope you feel better tomorrow! Although maybe it's a sign!! I completely agree about being able to forget about tracking it all/ symptom spotting etc sometimes it all gets too consuming!

AFM --- my OPKs are pretty white/ tiny hint of a line the rest of the month n then they seem to darken to a positive with in 2days so I'm thinking I will see a positive very very soon!! We have BD every day the last 4 days and I've had quite a lot of ewcm last 3 days ... definitely ewcm as it's very stretchy and clear!! Just hope hubby can keep up with the BDing over the next few days ... he doesn't have as high drive as me which is frustrating.

I find that really interesting about the stale wee over night n it explains why so many people get a clearer line with SMU I've seen it time n time again on the test page.

Goodnight all :)

Bailey, I'm glad you found a better man!! Hope you'll get your BFP very soon!:flower:

Gypsy, yeah, I think we were a couple of days apart DPO wise. Will you start testing soon??

Monkers, BD like there's no tomorrow! :happydance:

As for me.. Well.. :wohoo:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
This is definitely a BFP! Congrats oculi! :happydance: :cloud9:
Very nice progression, I'm sure the little beany is snuggling in nicely.

I've been MIA over the weekend as I was in the hospital with my youngest. He got a terrible rash so we took him to a doctor and they kept him for observations. They didn't really prove what had caused it but they found strep (no typical symptoms) and he's on antibiotics now. The rash disappeared within a day and he's back home now. This night was actually the first in a while he'd slept all night without waking up. So that's awesome.
I'm finished with femara, I hope it did the trick. Starting OPKs in three days, on CD 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->