Ttc number 3 :)

Hey ladies

Spunky: that sucks that your families make you feel that way and you don't feel you'll have their support. And the opk is looking good Hun so I really hope you get a positive asap!!

Kelly how does the app work? Hope your cycle isn't as long as 70 days for you, that's must be so frustrating!

Oculi I'm sure your mum will be fine after the initial shock. I'm hoping that my family will just be shocked but then happy.

I'm 7dpo now and don't think I have much in the way of symptoms today, I've been very busy today though so likely to have not noticed any anyway! I do keep feeling the odd feeling that feels kind of like O pain. I've done some more opks and completely no line so it's not that I got O wrong.

Hey! I'm back on here after 6 month having my 2nd baby and we ttc for no3!

Hi jlh welcome! Are you currently tracking your cycle or just going with the flow?

Welcome Jlh! Here's to no 3!

For me, don't know what's up with me today. I'm feeling emotional and annoyed. The clear blue has had me at "highly fertile" for almost a week now and even after EWCM yesterday still nothing on the regular opks so now I'm completely doubting everything. Just feeling "bleurgh" I guess. Urgh, hate feeling so irrational!

Monkers, thank you! I'm still waiting for the digital test to arrive. Still kinda in disbelief.
Hmm.. Maybe you've just missed the surge? How many times per day do you usually test?

Katy, what the..?!? Why would she say something like that to you?? What kind of boss is she?? I would have been furious!! Omg!! :growlmad:

Gypsy, fingers crossed for you!! Let us know when you start testing.

Kelly, have you noticed any ewcm this cycle? If you did then I'd probably wait for the next cycle to start testing. If not and if your cycles can be as long as 70 days, I wou probably start testing as there might still be a chance that you're going to ovulate.

Bailey, how many DPO are you going to start testing?

Welcome jlh!

Hannah, this cycle I used the smiley face opk and got a smiley face for 3 or 4 days in a row! but my cheapos also showed a positive. So weird that your digital one says highly fertile but there's nothing on your regular opks. I think the best indication is still ewcm. So, if everything else fails, just listen to your body. Ewcm means ovulation is imminent. Keep BDing as long as you have ewcm and maybe until 2 days after it stops.

AFM, like I said, I'm still waiting for my digital test to arrive. I've no pregnancy tests left so I've no idea whether the line got any darker or not. Yesterday I used OPKs (expired in February anyway) coz I've read that OPKs will show a positive, too if you're pregnant. Never tested it with my previous pregnancies though. And the OPKs were in fact very much positive. Interesting.

I calculated when I'd enter the second trimester (which is when I'm going to start telling ppl) and it coincides with Christmas. Sooo, I've been thinking about how to announce it to my parents and I figured I'll just send them a 'Christmas present'. I'll get a romper and print something like: "Hi grandma, See you in June!" Or something along that line. And maybe include a picture of my hubby holding our kids and giving a thumbs up and me hanging my head over a toilet bowl in the background. I don't know. Something like that. Haven't thought it through yet. -.-

Update: just received the digital test. Came with two free one step HCG tests.

A bit confused about the 2-3 weeks. Expected a 1-2 weeks. Read that it's supposed to indicate how far along you are from the time of conception.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
Hey ladies ! Can I join you all? :) I am ttc #3. We have 2 little girls ages 7 & 2. Hoping for a boy this time so we are swaying but a girl will be just as lovely :) I stopped bc in July and have been tracking my cycles but this is our first month of ttc. We were hoping for a summer baby since our girls are spring and fall . I am currently on cd 5 , O day is typically cd 13 or 14 so I'm just waiting :) good luck to all of you !

Welcome Jlh05 and cnsweeney. :dust: to you.

Oculi83, yes, digis show time from conception so 2 - 3 is 4 - 5 weeks from LMP which is when a pregnancy officially starts.

Yes, that's a terrible thing for a boss to say. She was the worst boss ever anyway. After that we agreed to never speak about private matters again. And that worked just fine for me.

Hannahspanner, I hope you get your surge soon. In the meantime, keep BDing every two days at least and hope for the best.

The app I'm using log in ur cycles everytime one comes and it predicts what day you are most fertile it told me the 23rd September I was so if it was right I wouldn't even be 4 weeks yet

Yay oculi! Glad the digi confirmed it too :) always nice to see the actual words on a screen!

Thanks Katy - I'm hoping it happens soon but I've had very light spotting today so I don't even know what's going on......Had bloods taken at the Dr so that we can see if anything comes back with any ideas as to if I'm ovulated or where I'm at etc! I will continue with the opks and temping and keep BD every other day and just take it from there!

Kelly: I've been using FF. I've not used it long though. I have minimal information from the past. I have a small amount of info from when I conceived my daughter, but I didn't start temping until mid-cycle and somehow managed to start temping right before O. I think I'm going to look into Flo. I'm still going to use FF, but I'm interested to see if they match up (not that I don't believe FF, I'm just curious lol).

Irregular cycles are frustrating. Have you been dealing with them most of your life or is it something that's been more recent?

I agree with Oculi about the opk. If you've already noticed ewcm, probably hold off until next cycle. If not, you may want to start, but maybe only once in the afternoons to start? I'm definitely no expert on OPKs as this is my first cycle ever using them.

Oculi: My mom tried clarifying that she said what she did because she's so exhausted :haha: She helps us out so much, especially when things get so crazy with school (which the program I'm in now has pretty much been crazy from day 1). If we manage to conceive, then it'll be after graduation and probably before my boards. Once I get settled into a job, DH will probably be a SAHD, and that will make such a huge difference. She seems more excited about the idea now though - though we haven't said we're trying. Even still, it really hurt when she said that, so I'd be scared to tell her.

She was my rock with my first 2 pregnancies. DH was scared out of his mind with our first, so was essentially useless, and #2 was a surprise, so he was very distant. DH doesn't know, but I actually told my mom as soon as I found out with #2 - I didn't tell him until the next morning. He thinks we told her together later that week. I wouldn't hurt him by telling him she knew before him, but I was so scared to tell him and needed her support. He doesn't handle change well, and a baby right after I quit my job, I was certain, would just totally through him through a loop. He actually handled the news much better than I expected, but was pretty distant throughout the pregnancy. This time he's the one telling me we need to BD (I've been letting him take the lead on #3) :haha:

I hope everyone takes your news well! My IL come from big families as well (MIL 1 of 7; FIL 1 of 11), so they are definitely used to lots of kids. Their 9th grandbaby is due in Feb. I just think they see us as screw ups I guess? I could be totally wrong as I'm perceiving it as such. But I was 1 of 2, so my family isn't used to that many :haha:

I really hope your family is supportive. Even though this is what you want and you're excited and already have 2, adding a 3rd can still be scary. For as excited and whatnot as I am about having more (hopefully), it's still a bit scary and really hope that our families are supportive.

With the weeks estimator hpts, they can be confusing. While technically it does shows the estimated time from conception, it greatly depends on the concentration or dilution of your urine. That's why some might get a 1-2 weeks after having 2-3 if the urine is too dilute. Maybe yours is more concentrated giving your a higher reading? Or is it possible you O'd a little earlier than you thought?

Hannah: Sorry to hear you guys are the black sheep as well! I really try to detach, but I have a tendency to let my emotions get the better of me :blush: I've been pretty much going off for the last 2 days about it... I've kept my mouth shut with my SILs because I'm not about to start drama even though I'm as POed as I am (I could write novels about it lol). I told DH we need to start separating ourselves from some things. Like the latest that has my knickers in a twist is over birthdays. This year 3 of the kids were turning 3 in each family. The 2 other families would pitch in for build a bear and would take that kid to build a bear. We weren't allowed to go for our daughter's. We were told it was an "aunt" thing (I'm an aunt to their kids), and that they are trying to do it without the parent. Also they said they wouldn't do it in the evenings or on weekends because it's too busy, so they wanted to do it during the day even though we can't do it during the day. DD wasn't thrilled to be with them without one of us.

With my niece back in June, both SILs went (one being the mom). Neither DH or I were invited. My nephew will be turning 3 in about a week. I asked what was going on with build a bear (DH already gave our contribution). The one SIL is going with her husband in the evening (even though they claimed they won't go in the evening because it's too busy), and still with no invite extended to one of us. I know it probably sounds soooo petty, but this is the crap they pull all the time (for as long as I've known them). They let us know about events the 24-48 hrs before (and our lives aren't built for that little notice). If we can't make it, they don't care and continue as planned, so we've missed out on a lot over the years, which now means we miss out on our nieces and nephew, and our kids miss out with their cousins. I know it sounds so petty, but it's been very stressful and aggravating, especially when it all changes when they want something from us.

Is it possible that your body has been gearing up for a little while and are about to finally O? I wonder if the test you're using now may just be better than the regular opk? What brand are you using for the regular opk? i did some shopping around on Amazon for more opks, and it definitely seems like some brands don't really read well even if you're getting positive opks on others.

Monkers: That's a bummer about the surge, but hopefully you still at least caught O! I'm sorry your cycle is so confusing right now. I certainly feel your pain with that. It definitely seems to just make everything more confusing and frustrating.

Katy: We've certainly had our ups and downs, but we're definitely to a better spot where I feel confident about ttc right now. Graduates from my school / program generally have a good rep and are usually pretty quickly employed. Which is another reason we only have a short amount of time to ttc right now as I can't push back working too far. We're already pushing it if we try in November, but that's probably the latest we'll go until we have to wait for me to be working for so much time before we can try again. I'll have to have a c section regardless if / when we conceive, so it's a big factor in it. I am thinking about begging my midwife (if it all works out) if she'll allow me to go back sooner than the traditional 8 weeks so I don't have to push working so far back.

I'm really glad your kids are doing better! I hope that means you're sleeping better as well. How many more days before you start OPKs?

Gypsy: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I really hope this is your month. I'm sorry about the endometriosis :( Was that just recent that you found out?

bailey: I hope the egg caught! Could the pain be implantation? When do you think you'll test?

Jlh: Welcome and good luck!

I hope I didn't miss anything or anyone!

Aaaaaand I'm even more confused!

FF changed possible ovulation date back to CD 20 (Oct 11) - It's bounced a couple of times between that and CD 11. None of it is probably accurate because of inconsistent temping times, so I'm not really sold on either.

No full ferning. No positive opk. And I really don't see a temp shift that I would feel comfortable calling ovulation. I'm now (and just very recently) setting my alarm for 5:30 am every morning so that it'll start being more accurate. Hopefully.

I must suck at focusing the saliva microscope or something. I haven't had partial ferning for a few days. Out of aggravation I decided to lick the lens right after eating because I just wanted to see SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Or at least see what full ferning looked like, even if just because of food. Still nothing. So there's a possibility I'm not focusing it right or something is off with me in general :haha:

But I'm not sold on having ovulated yet. No real fertile cm (I logged one day as watery, but I'm not really sure that it even was). I had 1 very small patch of ewcm, but like maybe a table spoon in between the creamy watery mix in 1 day (that was on the 10th, but I didn't even log it as such since it was such a small amt - plus the possibility that it was from BD about 36 hours before).

I attached my OPKs from yesterday. I won't be able to do todays until this evening. I did my first OPK at home (which is still at home). Had to do my second here at school - so that'll be going home with me). I'm hoping to do 1 more before my evening class starts, and then I may do another when I get home.

But as far as I'm concerned.... I'm out. Spotting today. Maybe a little more? I don't know. I was really surprised by it. If I actually did manage to O on the 11th (which I doubt), today is 8 DPO, but again, I don't feel that I did. Today is CD 28, so that'd be really early for me to start, but who knows. Last cycle I started spotting 4-5 before I started, so maybe it's the same thing and maybe this'll be a 31 - 32 day cycle for me (which was my norm before all of this irregular crap). So who knows. I'm guessing this actually was an annovulatory cycle. But I have new IC opk and hpts coming in today, so they should be there when I get home.

I also attached my current cycle chart (you can see how erratic and awful I've been with temping!) as well as my chart from when I conceived DD.

CM yesterday was more sticky and eventually bone dry by late evening. Over the last couple of days CP went from HMO, HMO, HSC, and finally today barely reachable high, without a doubt closed, and extremely firm.

TMI: This is the spotting I found around 1 pm today. Put it with spoiler tags so if you don't want to see, you don't have to. If you want to and have any insight, here it is:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/spunky84/possibly%208%20dpo.png

Sorry for the novel... but my guess is that AF is either showing up soon, or my hormones aren't normal right now.

Attachments

• current chart.jpg
    current chart.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Abbers.jpg
    Abbers.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
  • opk 10 18 16.jpg
    opk 10 18 16.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
Hi ladies,

Have you all had a good day?

Spunky I think it's lovely that your hubby is taking the lead with ttc #3. And I'm sure your mum will be ok with it after the initial shock, my mum often makes a fuss about how having three might be too much but I think she'll love it really as she adores my 2.
May I ask the reason for needing a c section next time? I don't know what to do for the best with number 3, I've had one EMSC and aVBAC with episiotomy and forceps but my son was stuck (as was my daughter previously which caused the need for EMCS) and I lost a lot of blood so don't know what to do.

Oculi I love your ideas for an announcement! When I had my son we had the 12 week scan just before Christmas but we didn't use a festive announcement (wish we had now, maybe this year fxd hehe!) we had a pic of dd holding a chalkboard saying "guess who's going to be a big sister?"

Gypsy how are you feeling now? Was it a bug?

Hannah aw that really sucks that everything seems all over the place for you. I've never used the digital opks only ever ic's so don't know what it would mean it saying highly fertile for a while. Have you done a pgt recently? Just to be sure?

Kelly when does the app say you are due AF? (Apologies if you've already said, I have a terrible memory!)

Hi cnsweeney and welcome! How are you tracking O? And curious about swaying, are you bd'ing in O only to sway? I read that male swimmers are quicker of the mark so are more likely to get to an egg first if it's been released but female swimmers are slower but live longer so can be waiting for an egg on days prior to O.

Monkers any clearer on whether you have O'd or not?

AFM I'm 8dpo and have had a few cramps, only very light and now my left bb is sore. Did an ic this morning and of course BFN as its far too soon, but my Frers and digit arrived today all ready for the weekend so fxd! I'm sure I'll use ic's again tomorrow morning and Friday and then use the frer on Saturday which will be 11dpo

Sorry spunky I've been typing so long I missed your post! I'm sorry it's all so confusing for you. My opks often look like yours, only a few days before O and then after O they are blank, I don't always see the positive opk. I hope things become clearer for you. I'm unsure about the spotting too as I've never had spotting at all, it's kind of all or nothing for me. Maybe you really did O on the 11th, have you done a pgt recently? Opks pick up hcg too.

Sorry spunky I've been typing so long I missed your post! I'm sorry it's all so confusing for you. My opks often look like yours, only a few days before O and then after O they are blank, I don't always see the positive opk. I hope things become clearer for you. I'm unsure about the spotting too as I've never had spotting at all, it's kind of all or nothing for me. Maybe you really did O on the 11th, have you done a pgt recently? Opks pick up hcg too.

That's okay! I was typing forever myself :haha:

I almost feel like it is AF as I am feeling slightly crampy. Like ever so slightly that they're barely noticeable. If it does start today, I can honestly say I've never had a 27 day cycle a day in my life (at least not that I know of lol I didn't particularly pay attention when I first started having them). In my adult life, I've only ever had 28 day cycles, and that was on bcp. Otherwise I'm "naturally" around 31-32. With being so irregular since March-ish, it seems so out of place.

I did test the other day with a frer. I felt stupid doing so, but there were a couple of days where I was so bloated after eating just a small amount I had to wonder as I had terrible bloating after just a small amount very early with both of my pregnancies. It was definitely negative. I just got a text that my IC arrived recently, but I'm pretty sure AF is near. If not today, then very soon.

The only other things I've really noticed is a bad RLP in my right side last night just once (something I only ever experienced during pregnancy), but also not this early and I moved pretty quickly, so I'm sure it was just a normal pain.

I've been very tired. I've slept a lot over the last few days and actually annoyed DH because I wasn't responsive to my alarm. But Monday and Tuesday were "fall break" for school and I feel like my body is just trying to catch up from the first 8 weeks where I had many nights of only getting a few hours of sleep (some nights none or only like 3 hours of the course of 2 nights). So the fatigue is from that for sure.

I'm bummed about being out this month, but I definitely plan on doing better with temping so I can hopefully see if I ovulated or not.

I'd have to have a c section since I've already had 2. DD was having late decelerations within 10 min of starting pitocin (I really don't believe it was the pitocin at all). I was 41+6 with her, and she was only 6 lb 4.5 oz, so I really think it was a placental perfusion issue.

I was going to attempt a VBAC with my son. I went to L&D for reduced movement and he wasn't recovering very well (I had been in 3 times prior over the week and half before where the one time they did a bpp as the fhr had little variability). I was only maybe 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated. They didn't feel comfortable doing a gentle induction so it was a repeat c section. It turned out for the best since they discovered that he had very little fluid around him, so he wouldn't have tolerated contractions anyway, and my scar area was very thin, so I may have ruptured if we tried.

They don't allow TOLA2C, so it'd unfortunately be another csection. I'm bummed about it, but it's probably for the best.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you over the next few days, especially this weekend once you can do the digital and frer!

Maybe you should wait til the beginning of next week and use an ic just to be sure coz I would definitely see those signs as pg signs! Just wait and see if AF arrives.

You sound like me with your cycles, I have 28 day ones on bc and anything from 32-35 normally. I hope it starts to make more sense for you soon either way, sometimes it's nice to get AF just so you know what's happening! But I do really hope it's so confusing becoz you are already pg!!

Thanks! I hope so, but I truly am so full of doubt.

When I got home I checked CP. Still high, but it seems to be working it's way down. Definitely open, but went from extremely firm this morning to pretty soft. I know CP can vary throughout the day, but that's still a little confusion. I'm guessing it's working its way to low and firm.

And sorry for so much TMI, cm was more AF like rather than cm only tinged. I guess the good thing about it being is that it gives me a chance to do everything accurately from the start.

My temps are pretty low. I tend to be a mouth breather at night, so I think it's mostly that. I've read about vaginal temping being more accurate and easier to see the temp shift especially for mouth breathers. I'm considering trying that especially since November is our last shot before having to wait a couple of years.

Has anyone done vaginal temping? I'm not one that is particularly bothered by mess factor, especially when it is what it is and has to be done, but there will be a lot of mornings I'll be going back to sleep right after, and not really sure how that'd work with vaginal temping and not having to get up right after. How do you sleep so that you're not moving all around to do it?

I've settled on 5:30 as that's the only time I can do daily. If I go any later, I'll have a 2-3 days where it'll be inaccurate, so that's really the latest I can do for accuracy every day.

I'm feeling bummed, but it could be worse! I'd rather AF be now rather than much later to the point we wouldn't be able to try next cycle. I think the thing that bothers me most is the fact that I really don't think I ovulated. Nothing really indicated that I did. I guess I'm a little worried that I won't this next cycle either. I mean, maybe I did and my cm wasn't very good and we didn't time things right (nor did I temp properly), but my gut says I didn't.

My body is confusing me so much. Usually if my Cp changes to low and this many cramps AF is here. Im Cd 26 of a 28 cycle. My abdomen feel hot. Weird.

Baileybubs-
I am tracking through opks & temping with ff. I've been using ic's & a couple first response opks but I have the cb digital ones for this month ;) but I think with some of the feedback about those I will get a box of the first response as back up. We'll see ! As far as swaying I am doing the shettles method which is what you mentioned but I'm also doing the boy friendly diet , altering my ph , positions , and dh plans to be abstinent that week . There's probably more things I missed but there's a lot that goes in to a full sway ! Fingers crossed lol

Just real quick...

I fell asleep for a bit. I woke back up, did an opk and showered. CP still high and soft, but more closed, but still very much like AF instead of cm.

Would anyone consider the opk at the bottom (the most recent), a positive opk? It seems pretty dark in person, but not sure if it'd be considered positive. Even then... not sure about that along with what really seems like pre AF spotting (similar to what i had lady cycle).

I did an IC hpt with same urine as the bottom 2 and both were very clearly negative. From what I've read online, hpts would usually be positive before an opk would (as an indication of pregnancy). I'm sooo confused!

If i remember correctly, doesn't estrogen increase right before AF? Is that a possible reason for a darker opk right before AF?

anyway, I'm heading back to bed. I feel like I'll have some answers once i wake up and temp and/or sometime during the day tomorrow as i feel really sure AF is right around the corner (usually in response to hpts lol)

Attachments

• tmp_14430-20161020_021903437784463.jpg
    tmp_14430-20161020_021903437784463.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member