Ttc number 3 :)

Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is such great news.

I won't start testing until after my period due date. Whenever that is lol I think by the end of the weekend if nothing has shown i might test the weekend afterwards.

Feeling a bit meh about it all.

Good luck to everyone else.

Woohoo congrats Oculi! So excited for you and it's great seeing that lovely line!

Thanks ladies for your kind words, I'm in a great place now with hubby and hopefully we'll get that BFP soon so I can enjoy the whole experience with a man who's already a great daddy.

Monkers keep dtd and wear him out hehe!

Gypsy sorry you are ill Hun but fxd it's a sign of an upcoming BFP!!

Katy aw I'm so sorry you went through that this weekend it must have been so scary. Any time I see a rash on my kids I panic! Hope he's feeling better

AFM 6dpo and no real signs now. Have some white cm but now thinking its an infection and that's what might have caused the odd feelings (which I'm still getting so if I'm not pg I'll go to docs to check it out). I have been very irritable though and keep snapping at my poor hubby. He couldn't do right for doing wrong yesterday!

Hi girls I'm ttc number 3 to will be 6 months this month no luck yet but im irregular so it's frustrating because I never no when it's coming or how long today is 50 days from my last one took a test and it's negivitve I just wish it would say positive or it would come so I don't get my hopes up x sorry for the rant lol

Katy,thank you, dear! I'm still kind of in disbelief though..!
Oh no! Poor baby! I'm glad to hear your son is doing better! :hugs:
Keep us updated on your opk results when you start testing!!

Gypsy, thank you!:flower:
Wah.. I wish I'd be as disciplined as you! But you're right. No point testing early and drive yourself crazy over whether there is a faint line or not! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Bailey, thank you! :) when will you start testing?? Lots of baby dust for you!

Kelly, do you use opks to track ovulation?

Wishing you all lots and lots of baby dust!! :dust: hope you don't mind me lingering around and keeping up with you all!

Don't know if I should schedule a blood test or just make an appointment for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. It's so weird.. On one hand I'm super excited and on the other hand I'm so scared of telling my parents (not going to tell anyone in the first 3 months anyway though). I don't even know why. :shrug: so, all I keep thinking about is how I'm going to break the news to them and what their reaction might be. So silly, right?

Welcome Kelly!
Aw that sucks having such long cycles, but hang in there hun. As Oculi asked do you track O at all using opks or temping?

Oculi I don't mind you sticking around at all. And I totally get what you mean, I feel like everyone will be surprised with us. A lot of people have already made the comment that having one of each is lucky coz now I "don't have to have anymore"!! That never really mattered to me I just always knew I wanted a big family. Plus my parents currently care for my kids 1 day a week whilst I work so don't know how they'll take to adding another one!

Hannahspanner: I do think it was trying to gear up for it, but decided not to lol I think. I could be totally wrong about that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that that was your surge!

Katy: Really glad that the femara seems to be doing something! Hope you see a positive OPK here soon. Sorry about your little guy :( I'm glad he's doing better now that he's on antibiotics. It can be scary when they're sick :(

Oculi: Congrats! :happydance: I saw the faintest of lines in the first test you posted, but I'm glad you got a darker line to confirm! You don't sound silly at all. It can be really easy to worry about it especially if you're not sure about the kind of reaction you're going to get. If we manage, we're holding off as long as possible on telling anyone. I think my classmates and / or instructors may know before our family :haha: (without much choice anyway)

jellybean: I'm sorry to hear about the negative :( Post bc can be very frustrating. It's hard knowing that you won't really have much support and that family won't be happy about it.

I'm a bit worried about family not being pleased, myself. I feel like my husband and I are the disappointments in his family. We're the black sheep. His brother and SIL just had their first last January, but they are both in pretty stable carriers and are pretty successful and are very financially stable.

Both of my SILs are SAHMs with their husbands being engineers. Very financially stable and happy. The one has 3 and the other is due with her 3rd in Februrary.

We, on the other hand, seem to be the screw ups, I guess. At least that's how I feel like they view us. DH has been having difficulty finding a job. He previously worked for his aunt which was truly awful (and was always on the edge worrying about being out of a job as his aunt didn't know how to run a business - they were barely staying open). After 5 years of searching, he finally found something more stable and less stressful, but it was a $5 pay cut. So he's only making $10/hr with only 40 hrs a week.

I quit my job to go back to school. We were surprised with finding out we were pregnant early January 2014 with our son, only about 5 months after I quit my job, and then just a couple of months later I withdrew from my program to go to a different school.

We were hoping to get pregnant around now so that I could have the baby shortly after graduation next May and while I wait to take boards and find a job. I have a good general idea of where my starting pay will be. Once I get settled in my job, DH will most likely quit and be a SAHD (still up in the air), but bottom line is I feel like they think we have no business having any more kids (we and our kids seem to be treated differently than the others).

Even on my side of the family. My mom actually once told me (like last spring) that she would be disappointed and it would break her heart if we had any more.

Nobody knows we're ttc. We recently told my mom we had a surprise for her (it was just one of her favorite donuts), and she asked if there was a bun in the oven. About a week later both my mom and dad were visiting and it came up. My dad said it was way too for another bun in the oven (their terms, not mine lol).

DH and I agreed that if we do manage to conceive before we have to stop and wait a couple of years, we're not saying anything for as long as we possibly can to anyone. I joked that we'd be calling / texting people to say "btw...." after the baby was born :haha:

bailey: Yay for O! Keeping fingers crossed for you! Hopefully the irritability is a good sign. Hopefully it's not an infection, but if so, I hope it clears up quickly for you.

monkers: Hopefully you're just gearing up and didn't miss it. Though based on the others, it sounds promising that you haven't missed anything!

Gypsy: Hope you're feeling better. I wish I could just not get wrapped up in it all lol it feels draining to be wrapped up in it, but at the same time, it feels so difficult to not be.

Kelly: Welcome! Being irregular can be extremely frustrating. I haven't had issues with irregularity for a long time until recently. It all seemed to start when I got my IUD in (which was non hormonal to boot). Since then I've been all over the place. I got it out on, I think, CD 32 at the end of August and ended up having a 55 day cycle. I'm sure this one will be wonky still. I hope your body lets you know what's going on one way or another. Are you temping or anything?

Top is the OPK from last Moday that I posted from last Monday (afternoon). The 2 on the bottom are from this morning and this afternoon. I think this afternoon's is darker than the one from last Monday and slightly darker than this morning.

I really think my body was gearing up, but it just never quite got there. It was very light, almost non-existent, throughout the week.

CM still a creamy / water mix. CP yesterday and today seem to be appropriate for impending ovulation. It seems pretty high and seems to be getting softer. It already seems a bit open (though I have a hard time really telling as it always seems a bit so -- I never gave birth vaginally, but I did dilate to 3-4 cm with my daughter before the c section).

FF gave me dotted cross hairs CD 15. It changed to CD 19 based on temps, but went back to CD 15 based on temps the following day. I really don't believe I've ovulated yet, just based on my temps.

My highest temp is 97.1, and that was on the morning I fell asleep in the living room and had to walk to the bedroom to temp, so it's not even accurate. My post O temps with DD were high 97s and low 98s. I started temping a few days before this cycle started, and the 3 temps I had before it dropped down and AF started was 92.0 and above. Since I haven't had a temp above 97.1, I really don't think I have yet, especially as I've had no positive OPK, full ferning, no identifiably fertile CM or CP.

I really don't have any hopes for the saliva microscope, tbh. I'm getting partial ferning about every other day (sometimes couple of days). I have to let it sit for hours before I even get the partial ferning, so either my hormones suck, I'm doing it wrong still, or it's just not something that's going to work for me.

I'm going to test the OPK again this evening to see if it gets darker yet and will probably test 2-3 times tomorrow. I'm trying to set my alarm for 5:30 so I get more accurate temps. Even if I get less than ideal sleep, I feel like it'll be more accurate in the end if I do that.

I'm almost out of OPKs. I wasn't going to get anymore, but DH said maybe November if not this month. I ordered some, but I'm hoping since I (hopefully) will get a positive OPK soon that AF will start in a reasonable time frame that does means I won't ovulate in November,

Attachments

• tmp_12742-20161017_154309-1179040821.jpg
    tmp_12742-20161017_154309-1179040821.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1
Katy,thank you, dear! I'm still kind of in disbelief though..!
Oh no! Poor baby! I'm glad to hear your son is doing better! :hugs:
Keep us updated on your opk results when you start testing!!

Gypsy, thank you!:flower:
Wah.. I wish I'd be as disciplined as you! But you're right. No point testing early and drive yourself crazy over whether there is a faint line or not! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Bailey, thank you! :) when will you start testing?? Lots of baby dust for you!

Kelly, do you use opks to track ovulation?

Wishing you all lots and lots of baby dust!! :dust: hope you don't mind me lingering around and keeping up with you all!

Don't know if I should schedule a blood test or just make an appointment for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. It's so weird.. On one hand I'm super excited and on the other hand I'm so scared of telling my parents (not going to tell anyone in the first 3 months anyway though). I don't even know why. :shrug: so, all I keep thinking about is how I'm going to break the news to them and what their reaction might be. So silly, right?

I've down loaded an app that I've been logging it in to in hope it helps x

Hey girls thanks for writing back no I'm not temping I've been using an app called flo it's tracking it and giving predicted dates of ovulation so hoping it helps this month tomarrow day 51 still no sign but the longest I've been before was like 70 days

Spunky, that opk looks good! Did you test again?

I'm so sorry to hear about how your family treats/looks at you. I don't understand how a parent could possibly make any of their children feel like they're worth 'less' than the others!
And wow! I can't believe your mom actually said she'd be disappointed if you had another one!!
AFM, my in-laws will be happy to have another grandchild. Both of my in-laws come from big families themselves (FIL has/had 4 sisters, MIL has 11(!!) siblings). So, I know they'll be super excited. I'm really not too sure about my own parents. I think my dad will be ok with it (he comes from a big family, too) but I have a feeling my mom will be kinda shocked. In the past year or so she kept on hinting to me that she thinks 2 is enough. My husband likes to tell everyone that he wants 6 children ( not me though!! Eek.. I don't think I could possibly handle 6!). Ppl usually just laugh when they hear that but my mom is like: OMG! And has this disapproving look on her face. I'm pretty sure that's the same look I'm gonna get when I tell her I'm expecting #3.

Bailey, that's exactly the same comment I get from ppl, too! Wow, you're so lucky to have one of each so, you don't have to have any more!

Kelly, I'd recommend using OPKs ( you can get the cheapos from Amazon) to track ovulation. Since your cycles are so irregular I wouldn't trust an app to predict when you ovulate. Do you usually notice any changes of your CM during your cycle?

Hey guys! So behind on everything today checking in on my phone and finding it hard to catch up on everything so will try my best :)

Welcome Kelly :) I've had long cycles in the past and was always frustrating! I'm off BC the last 4 months and hoping my O is coming next few days. I had/have the ferning scope but never really clicked and opks seemed to just work better. Fingers crossed for you x

Spunky - that last opk looks pretty bloody good to me!! I am feeling Deffo close to O and mine are nowhere near as dark! Myself and hubby also the "black sheep" (in his family anyway!!) and even our kids get left out of things the others decide to do "together" because we are not invited "sigh". Ah well, at least we are happy within our own family that is all that matters at the end of the day - sometimes you have to detach a little to save your own feelings from getting too hurt!

Oculi!! WOO HOO! I saw it the first test and even asked DS if he saw anything and he pointed straight away to the faint line - so glad it's gotten darker for you!!! Yay!! Please do stick around - i literally logged on for first time here and this group first one I joined since deciding to ttc #3 so great to keep it all going and keeping up to date :)

Bailey - Fx now after O.....the wait kicks in!!

Monkers - I am right behind you!! Ewcm came this morning along with temp drop so starting again (or continuing!!) with the BD! I've been having "highly fertile" opks every day the last week so I'm afraid poor hubby might wear himself out before I actually O but at least now with the cm feel it is actually getting closer!!

Gypsy - keep the head up! I was feeling the same yesterday, even told hubby I was giving up on the idea completely but I think sometimes mentally everything in life can be draining and we just feel like "bleaurgh" chin up Hun xx

For me, still getting "highly fertile" on the clear blue opks but today had a temp drop and also ewcm so I think/hope means O is getting closer!!! Think my body has been "trying" to gear up as my temps have been all over but first time the CM has changed to EWCM so fingers crossed for the next few days........so STILL BD ing lol

I'm going to buy some and try see if it helps I don't think I could do the temp thing I'm not even completely sure how it works either x

Hannah, haha.. Really? I honestly didn't see anything until y'all pointed it out to me! So funny that even your DS saw it!
I completely agree about having to detach a little in order to prevent your feelings from getting hurt.
Yes, keep up the BDing!

Kelly, yes, give it a try and keep us updated! :)

Yayyy!!! Congratulations Oculi :happydance:I hope your bfp is catching :haha:

Sorry this is just a quick update from me and I'll try to catch up with everyone tomorrow as it's 2am here and I need to get up in 4hours :dohh:

I think I might of missed my surge ... my OPKS have got lighter ever since Saturday night. For the past 4 days I've had loads of EWCM and over the weekend my cervix has been SHOW. This morning I had ovulation type pain and now less EWCM tonight.

This cycle is confusing for me ... if go by the first time I saw blood last month then I am cd14 today so that works out right ... if I go by when I was bleeding heavily then I'm cd11 so i don't know but surely my OPKs wouldn't be getting lighter?? And if I'm cd11 today then it seems strange I've had EWCM since cd 7?? I'm confused.

I'll carry on testing and see what's happens ... cos that's what poas addicts do :dohh:

Didn't get any BD in tonight hubby went to bed early but I'll get some tomorrow I'm sure :winkwink:

xxx

And the second one of the day remained the darkest

In going to check a few times tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much. I'm feeling very discouraged. Today is CD 26 already. I have absolutely no idea how long this cycle will be.

Attachments

• tmp_23324-20161017_221515-1071722359.jpg
    tmp_23324-20161017_221515-1071722359.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi Kelly177, welcome to the group. Sorry to hear about your long cycles. Have you thought about taking clomid? I hope you get your BFP soon.

spunky84, too bad about your family. You have no reason to feel like black sheep. The four of you are a family and are doing your best to get by. As long as you are in a good place (and I believe you are), don't bother yourselves with what others might think of you (even if they are family). Plus, you never know what problems others might have. I'm sure they are not perfect, nobody is. And nobody should tell you what to do or not.
I don't really care what our families would think. I know they'll be thrilled to have another grandchild when they find out about it.
I have a solid job but my OH is a SAHD. I know some are very judgemental about that, my former boss even made me cry once years ago when she said that he takes advantage of me and he would leave me in ten years without kids for a younger woman (!!!!!) and I'm sure there are still many who are disapproving now. But we are doing well, we are happy, we are fine financially for now. He will look for a job eventually but it's fine for now as it is. We are only missing another baby :winkwink:.

monkers1984 and spunky84, I'm sorry your cycles are messed up. I hope you get your BFPs anyway. But it is frustrating, isn't it? Keep us posted.

I hope I didn't forget to comment on something, it's hard to keep up. Fingers crossed for all of us.

AFM, kids seem fine for now, I hope it stays that way. Can't wait to start OPKs. Nothing much going on.

OK I'm going to give it a go and reply to everyone!

I'll go back as far as I can.

Spunky I hope things don't keep you waiting for too long. Our bodies are horrible to us.

Monkers I would follow your cervix with SHOW. That's about the only time I know I am ovulating apart from I generally get pain as well. You can still ovulate at different times. I know the extra blood can be confusing though.

Good luck Hannahspanner! Sounds very promising for bding time.

I can't go any further back sorry.

AFM - I know I shouldn't go off my cervix during the TWW, but I noticed some really milky CM today and had a feel. It was quite low and slightly open. I'm CD 24, and only 7 days DPO (I think) - massive estimation. According to my daily dairy last time I had milky CM around the same time. I'm not extremely hopeful. I had a biopsy done as well and the old looking blood they saw inside me has been confirmed as endometriosis yay!! :-(

I think another month as passed. I always notice that my CP is low slightly open and I can feel a couple of small pimple things there as well (I've had multiple smears so know they are nothing to worry about). If I don't have AF this weekend i will be extremely amazed.

How often do I test? Is there really any point starting now that tomarrow will be day 52 il just wait and see if it comes first them start after?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->