Ttc number 3 :)

I'm too busy at work today to comment much, just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Excited about starting with the OPKs this afternoon. Expecting a negative today.

Gypsy, have you taken a pregnancy test yet???

Spunky, remember when I said I had some cramping at 5dpo and 9dpo? Part of those were RLP, too! Only ever had them (or at least noticed them) when I was pregnant. So, might be a good sign for you, too! And yes, I think I'd consider that a positive opk! Estrogen shouldn't have any influence on a LH test. I used an OPK the other day (just for fun) it was positive. It usually never is just before AF is due. You might want to take another hpt tomorrow morning. And pleeeease post the picture of it.

Cns, welcome! :) fingers crossed for you! What cd are you on now and how long are your cycles usually?

Bailey, haha.. It just gives me the perfect excuse for not having to tell them face to face. :p that way they can digest the news first before speaking to me. I'm sure eventually my mom will get over the shock and will be happy for us, too.

Katy, fingers crossed that this is your month!!

I've scheduled my first ultrasound on Nov 10. Hope everything is ok down there.

I haven't taken a test. Im holding off because im positive Af should be here and im not overdue for Af yet. According to my app im due Sunday. My temp has gone up .1celcius this morning so that's my before ovulation temp.

My laparoscapy may have messed with things too. Im not terribly optimistic right now!

Gypsy: Sorry that things are so confusing for you too! It's definitely frustrating when you're not really sure what's going on. I really hope your laparoscopy didn't change anything for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Please keep us posting.

cnsweeney: I think I may have missed you in my reply last night. So sorry! I'm really happy to see more people joining in here! I'm really interested in hearing how things go with the shettles method. I've read some about it, but it seems so overwhelming. Do you find that it adds a lot more into ttc on top of the temping and opks, or is it not that much difference (time wise and energy and whatnot?). I'm just asking because I had considered it a long time ago, but it just seems too overwhelming and never thought I'd be able to keep up.

Katy: Good luck with the opk! Hopefully it won't be long before it's positive.

Oculi: I should know the general functions of my hormones and what they do and whatnot lol but there's so much going on that I'm not sure of anything any more lol I definitely remember only getting RLP when pregnant. I thought that was so out of place. I'm positive, though, that today starts CD 1 :( Have you heard anything about a LH surge before AF? I was looking up opks before AF, and I've read such a mix of info as far as whether or not women have (or can have) a surge before AF. Half the battle is finding the correct info and then knowing what can and cannot apply to different women :haha:

I used a different brand of opks during the cycle. I used up my last one yesterday afternoon, so I started using the new brand last night (the two newest ones I had where it looked positive). I really feel like I either had a bad batch or the brand just isn't a good fit for me. I feel like the new brand is much more sensitive (at least for me), so I'm hoping this new brand works out.

And yay for the first ultrasound! Do you have an estimate as far as how far along you are now? How are you feeling?

Sorry that I've been doing 2 separate posts. I try to keep them short, but it's so hard to stop being so rambly and end up with a novel lol

Anyway, pretty sure today is CD 1 for me. I'm still terribly confused, but there's still no denying AF at this point today. It's way too similar to what happened last cycle. Plus color and amount is more indicative of AF rather than some random spotting.

I've never had a 28 day cycle naturally (that I know of), but I'm trying to think positively about this. I can start over, new with what I feel like are better opks as well as more accurate temps. Looking at my chart from last cycle, there is absolutely no way of pinpointing ovulation (if I did) based on that as my cm wasn't easily identifiable, no full ferning, no positive opk during that time (a couple that may have been close but still negative with the old brand), and erratic temps from inconsistent sleep pattern and wake time.

I'm set in that I'm getting up 5:30 to temp regardless. I'll probably start doing opks again on CD 6 just in case my body decides to have another 28 day cycle. I know that's probably seriously too early, but I feel better about it. Saliva microscope every morning before having anything, and if I find a time where I've not had anything to eat or drink within 2-3 hours, I'll probably do it again. I've noticed that my first of the day ones aren't that great, ever. I can have absolutely nothing, and redo it (without having anything to eat or drink yet) and will get different results.

I think this cycle I just really need to focus on consistency of everything I'm doing. I wasn't very consistent last cycle, but at least it kind of got me in the habit and whatnot and knowing what to look for (with opk and microscope).

Soooo.... here's to my last cycle before we wait.

CP is still high soft and open. So that's what really confuses me still. I've read about spotting during ovulation, but this is definitely more than spotting at this point. I'm trying to treat all of this as a new cycle / possible ovulation?? I don't know. If there's any chance it is ovulation with some freaky bleed going on, I have no idea how to convince DH to BD... We BD Tuesday night, so if it is by some chance ovulation, hopefully we're covered then.

Attaching today' opk. Top fmu. Middle smu (but only like a little over an hour from first...). Bottom approx 2:30? Also attaching this morning's microscope - showing absolutely nothing of interest. Oh, also did an hpt just to see. Stark white.

Attachments

• opk 10 20 16.jpg
    opk 10 20 16.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
  • hpt 10 20 16.jpg
    hpt 10 20 16.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
  • microscope 10 20.jpg
    microscope 10 20.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2
I haven't taken a test. Im holding off because im positive Af should be here and im not overdue for Af yet. According to my app im due Sunday. My temp has gone up .1celcius this morning so that's my before ovulation temp.

My laparoscapy may have messed with things too. Im not terribly optimistic right now!

Just to shed some optimism here , I had a laparoscopy right before dd2 to remove a pesky ovarian cyst and some mild endometriosis . I got my bfp a few weeks later ! :)

Oculi- I am on cd 6 , normal cycles are 28 days & I O on cd 13-14 :)

Spunky - it's quite alright ! I understand :) I think with swaying it all depends on how bad you want to do it . I really wanted to give it a shot considering it's likely our last and we have 2 girls . I know my husband is dreaming of hockey pucks and footballs one day so if I can at least try to add some testosterone to our little family I will .. so I dived into the research and now that I have a routine down it's really not bad . I think it's harder to sway for a girl for those who don't typically eat that way . It's low calorie , low everything actually , acidic foods , and trying to dtd a few days prior to o and hoping one of them catches . Boy swaying is a bit easier .. high calories (pshh who has an issue there?!) , vitamins and prenatals which I take every night and have gotten used to, and tracking O like most of us on here do anyways and trying to dtd as close to o as possible . Basically , the rule of thumb is anything that improves fertility (nutrition , fertile window , no smoking / drinking for you or dh, stress free, etc) helps boys . The opposite for girls . I now realize how 'girly' my lifestyle was .. I consumed a lot of acidic things , was always dieting or eating poorly, & we never aimed to dtd on o day only . This time dh plans to be abstinent for a week which apparently 7 days for typical men is when they reach the peak fertility / motility therefore swaying boy. After 7 days it begins to deminish. I've been researching for a long time .. started back when we tried for dd2 but I didn't look that hard into it as now . & now I've been researching further for the past few months . I think now that I am a stay at home mom I have a little more time to focus on a routine and what to do and not do to sway . I'm not sure if I were working full time I could focus on all of these things! Lol

Just to shed some optimism here , I had a laparoscopy right before dd2 to remove a pesky ovarian cyst and some mild endometriosis . I got my bfp a few weeks later ! :)

Thank you. That is really nice to know. She still hasn't shown and I'm still cramping up a storm. So lets see on Sunday.

Spunky. The flo app doesn't tell me when Af should come anymore it just says no period from the 29th August.. I think my body confused it lol... I have always been irregular as far as I know I've had the implant put in at 17 after only having my Af for 2 years witch were irregular then at 2o had my first got implant back in after her so no period with it got it out a year later to have my 2nd but I never but it bk in for a few months after she was born was irregular then to got the implant out on the 25 April this year as my youngest is now nearly 4 and it's been all over the place again...

I thought it was coming yesterday I did see like a watery coloured blood after I wiped I put on a liner but nothing came so today's cycle day 54 still a negivitve...

spunky, I don't get your cycle from what I've seen. OPK seems positive so I would say you're about to ovulate. But if your bleeding is AF-like, I don't know. And there is no ferning. I don't know what to say...

AFM, OPK was stark white yesterday which is great as I was a bit afraid it would still be positive due to femara. However, I think I peed before testing in the afternoon and I don't even remember doing it, lol. I came home from work and had too much to do to test right away so when I remembered, I went to the toilet and there wasn't much pee. I really needed to go before leaving work and there's no way it just went away. But I have no memory of actually peeing... So I guess it was only like a half an hour hold. I'll see today, I'll try to pay attention to what I'm doing :haha:.

Hi jlh welcome! Are you currently tracking your cycle or just going with the flow?

Yes, I've been tracking my cycles for the last 5 months and now we are going with the flow. We are excited :)

Spunky, has AF started??

Gypsy, still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cns, great! So only a couple of days left before you enter the TWW! Good luck!! :)

AFM, having some cramping here and there. No other symptoms (like my previous pregnancies). Showed the digital test to my hubby. He thought 2-3 means the estimated number of babies! Hahaha :dohh:

How's everyone doing? :kiss:

Oculi - Bahaha That's hilarious! I so would have rolled with that.

JL5 - good luck ttc. It's a rollercoaster.

Kelly that is so confusing. Maybe time to see the doc? They might be able to shed some light.

Afm - I spat the dummy yesterday and lost it at Dh. I'm over alot of things at the moment including whatever my body is doing.
Same temp 36.4 CP in same place but doesn't seem open and cramps every morning the last 4-5 days. Still due tomorrow.

I haven't had a no 2 since i was sick on Monday either.

cnsweeney: Thanks for explaining! I do think that trying to do that while working and whatnot could possibly be overwhelming. It's very interesting though! I'm trying to think back to when I had DD and DS to see if any correlates! I don't remember how I ate before DD (though I think was attempting to be "good" since our wedding as coming up), but I know we BD a few nights before and then on the day of O. With DS it was the day of O, and know I wasn't eating the greatest as I often snacked and whatnot while studying. I'm really interested in how this goes for you and how it all turns out (obviously I'll be following for a handful of months to find out unless you're able to find out the sex really early lol).

Gypsy: Keeping fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get your bfp. i'm sorry it's all so tough right now :( I hope you feel better :hugs:

Kelly: Definitely sounds like it's bc related though! I hate how it screws cycles up afterwards. Hopefully you'll know either way what's going on real soon. It's so frustrating to not know what's going on :/

Katy: It has truly puzzled me. I've never had anything like this before! I'm just hoping it gets figured out shortly. Good luck with the opk today! How long after finishing femara do you have to wait to avoid a positive from it?

Oculi83: I think so, but I'm honestly still not 100% what's going on. I honestly hope it is at this point. And :haha: about your husband thinking that was the estimated number of kids! I love it! I remember when I was pregnant with DD. We knew we were having a girl and was close to 3rd tri. I was on BNB DH asked what I was doing. I explained what it was. He asked what I would do after I had her. I explained that there's sections here kids/teens, too. So then he asked what about after that. I said that if she ends up getting married, then I'll probaby end up on the knot. If she decided to have kids and is pregnant, I'll probably go full circle and end up back here. Then he said, completely serious, "Well, what if we never have a girl?" :haha: I just looked at him and said "you're kidding right...?" Then he realized what he said lol

I actually had less symptoms with each pregnancy. It was a little weird! I hope things are going well otherwise!

I hope everything is going well for you baily and monkers!

Hey guys sorry I haven't replied much I've been so busy

Oculi that's so funny! I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing

Gypsy I'm sorry you feel so rubbish Hun are you ok?

Jlh going with the flow sounds awesome I wish I could do it but I'm so obsessive!

Spunk sorry thy AF is here Hun but it's good that you've got thy focus now. And fingers crossed if last month was in fact an anovulatory month then this month will have a good chance of being a good one :)

Cnsweeney it's so interesting to see how various things could affect gender. I would have thought male diet and lifestyle (dad to be I mean) would be more of an issue as we ladies don't determine sex it's the sperm that does. But I never thought how our bodies may make a better environment for one type of sperm to thrive or not! To be honest I was convinced I was having a boy last time because I knew we only dtd the day (or slightly after) O day.

Kelly that must be so frustrating being on cd 54 and not knowing what's happening. I hope things become clearer for you soon.

Katy did you manage to do another opk? I'm terrible at peeing and not remembering lol!!

AFM another BFN this morning, but it's only 10dpo. I've had cramps all day, sore boobs and completely bloated. I honestly look like I'm about 6 months preggers I'm so bloated and my tummy is rock hard and heavy. Could be a good sign but could also just be gearing up for AF! I am still irritable and emotional but again could just be gearing up for AF and because it's first cycle after BC. No doubt I'll test again tomorrow though lol!

spunky, are you still bleeding? Is it definitely AF?

baileybubs, I hope you get your BFP tomorrow, I'll be checking for an update.

I managed to pee on an OPK today and there was a faint line. Hoping it will be even stronger tomorrow. I'm not sure what high fsh from taking femara does to the opk and if the opk reacts at all. But my test was completely negative yesterday so I'm good.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with me. I'm 99.9% sure it's AF, but who knows.

TMI: It's been clot-less until this afternoon, but only like 3 tiny ones. Otherwise just watery, not very thick. (it's just different than my usual)

Flow seemed to increase a bit to medium, but seems to (possibly) have gone back to light. I need to allow more time between bathroom trips to know for sure :haha:

CP very high (almost can't reach) and super soft. The opening. I think it feels open, maybe medium. It's so hard to say since it always feels open so that could always be inaccurate.

I think OPKs are back to being negative. The attached pic: Top fmu; Second right after I got home from class around 12:30; Third about an hour later :haha: urine was pretty dilute though and obviously not a lot of time in between; Bottom about 3-ish? but more concentrated urine. I'm guessing they're negative at this point even though I'm sure testing that close together probably won't give the best results.

Took 4 hpts today, also attached: Top fmu - slight line (like top half), but pretty sure it's indentation. Appeared white initially as test was being saturated, but does have a slight pinkish appearance in person (and within read time), but I'm sure it's just dye accumulation in that portion. Middle was taken with pretty dilute urine which was done at the same time with same sample as the opk that barely has a second line (from dilution); Third at the same time as last opk (same sample) and stark white. Also pretty sure on indent with that too as I saw something (but thin and white).

I did a frer today. I can't remember when actually... I can't remember if it was fmu (which I think it was) or if it was right after class. Either way, stark white.

If things are still wonky on Monday I may call my midwife. It could just very well be a weird AF, but if there's a chance it's a wonky mid cycle bleed, I'd rather get it checked out. I'm hoping it gets sorted over the weekend.

Attachments

• opk 10 21.png
    opk 10 21.png
    178.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20161021_153203.jpg
    20161021_153203.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
  • photofunny.net__final_282479530646_.jpg
    photofunny.net__final_282479530646_.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20161021_151920.jpg
    20161021_151920.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 4
  • photofunny.net__final_282479530646_2.jpg
    photofunny.net__final_282479530646_2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 3
I think it's here :( something was anyway il no b4 the morning if it's definitely it. At least I'll no anyway and can try using the opk then. Il let uz no x

Hey ladies - just popping on to say I will reply properly tomo, exhausted today and easier to type on computer than here on phone!

Not good for me, after spotting yesterday Deffo more flow like today so according to my app I'm now back on CD 2 (after only 16 days on previous one!!) temp dive this morning too so didn't even bother doing an opk today was just annoyed. Clearly cycles still all over after BC!!

Anyway / loving reading all the posts and will try to reply a bit more tomorrow on them all :) Hx

Thanks Spunky and Bailey. I'm OK. I'm just tired of being taken for granted around the home. I think the feeling has been mutual. So after a long talk this morning I need to take care of my anxiety and stress a bit more as I'm like a rapid wolf when I lose it, and he has to start being more aware of his unapparent ungratefulness i.e. start thanking me more for even the little things as I was starting to feel like a slave again.

But he's not happy with me seeing a counselor as it means that I'm talking to someone that doesn't know him and it all turns around on him being a bad person so I'm trying to find other avenues at the moment to try and relieve the stress. Very hard when you have two children at home and i'm working quite long hours at the moment.

Anyway..... so we bded this morning as well and usually if we do that so close to AF with so many cramps there would be bleeding by now. I'm starting to get my hopes up again. Can't do it too much though! I know what happens when I get too excited about things.

Hannah - i'm sorry that you are onto CD2 again. Fingers crossed for this cycle.

Spunky that all sounds very confusing. Why do our bodies do this to us!!! Good luck at the midwife on Monday if you end up going.

Bailey - I hope we both end up getting BFP's at the same time!! Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->