TTC & overweight

Hey im new here... but just want to let u know I am really over weight and as is my friendz..I am now pregnant off 1 month of clomid 100 mg and we tried for 8 years.so definetly is hope...still very shocking to me....

Hello Ladies,

I am also a bigger girl and have found a lot of support over under TTC #1 forum in the thread Plus Size & TTC.

Blessings,

Thanks you guys for all ur kind messages. Its nice to know that im not alone lol.

I have been to the dr this morning and she said she normally likes women to be trying for at least 2 years but she is refering me to see a gyno as a few yrs ago when being tested for pcos I had high levels of testosterone.

I am currently on cd5 and im 80% sure I had faint line on an ovulation test.... I used my second wee of the morning after holding it for 3 hours. As advised from people on bere im no longer using my 1st wee. Is it to early to ovulate tho? I will do anoyher test after work so around 8pm see if it shows anything.

It's too early to ovulate normally, but those lines can take quite awhile to build up to a positive.

It's too early to ovulate normally, but those lines can take quite awhile to build up to a positive.

Looks like you were right with it bein to early... ive just done my 2nd test of the day and there was no 2nd line :-(

Give it some time. There can be a lot of fluctuation. And the faint line means your body is at least trying to get ready to ovulate.

Some women also just don't do well with opks. Something about their body chemistry just doesn't work with them, and they get negatives even though they ovulate. Have you tried different brands?

Some women also just don't do well with opks. Something about their body chemistry just doesn't work with them, and they get negatives even though they ovulate. Have you tried different brands?

Im still getting no lines at all. But im determined to stay positive. Only thing now though is since finishing sunday ive had multiple shows 1 on Tuesday 1 Thursday 3 friday and 1 this morning. I normally get like this a week or 2 before im due but never this early .... so annoying.

Ive used quite a few different brands at the moment im using the green cheapie but I have used sainsburys and clearblue. Ill see how I get on with this next batch.... at least if nothing shows its fresh testing for when go to my gyno appointment.

How are you getting on ttc?

We barely got any BDing in this month, so I don't think I have much of a chance, honestly. I'm just barely in. No symptoms at all this month, which is odd - I'm a big symptom spotter, the last couple cycles I had all kinds of aches and pains and heartburn. I don't know, maybe "no symptoms" is a symptom! I'd have tested this morning, but I'm about to go out of town to visit a friend overnight, and I don't want to test and wait 2 days to tell DH.

Well mrs chicargo lets hope that no symptoms for you is a little bundle growing inside you :)

Aww i can only imagine how hard its been not to test :) its nice to have that hope too longer u Dont test is longer in the bubble.

When do you get back from you trip??

I hope you get great news when you get back i have everything crossed for you xx

Thanks, hon. It's just an overnight, I grabbed a local friend and we drove up to spend the night with a friend in Indiana. Fun girly time :)

Hello May I join?? I'm ttc #2 and overweight...trying to be healthy and eat right for next baby...so it might be a long journey :D

Thanks, hon. It's just an overnight, I grabbed a local friend and we drove up to spend the night with a friend in Indiana. Fun girly time :)

Well have a great girly time and let us know when you see the BFP!!! which i have every faith you will have *power of positive thinking* xx

Hello May I join?? I'm ttc #2 and overweight...trying to be healthy and eat right for next baby...so it might be a long journey :D

Of course you can join :) more the merrier i say :)

I'm sure your journey wont be as long as you think :)

I've decided my outlook for today is positive thinking, this way everything looks so much better :)

How long have you bee ttc? Did you have any trouble with baby no.1?

Mind if I join also? I know I've just had a baby, so I know its possible to conceive when overweight. Joining a slimming club on the 7th May as I have my 6 week pp check next week. I was about 26 stones when I fell pregnant with her, but I've always had regular periods. Temping for me was the best although I got positive ovulation packs too.

The reason I want another baby now might sound stupid, but I have the time to have another, which I might not have in a year or two. We're planning on moving aboard to a non English speaking country and I really wouldn't fancy having a baby where I wouldn't fully understand my health care provider.

Good luck everyone

Can I join too? I'm ttcing my first and I've always been overweight. I don't have periods without some form of meds to bring one on, and needless to say I don't ovulate.
we have our first Drs app on Tuesday after switching because my other dr just told me to go away, lose weight and go back when I'm 30! I'm 23 at the moment!

I'm hoping for a bit of support as a plus size ttcer because I can't tell anyone we're trying and have been for a long time now. It can be a bit soul destroying can't it?

ill jump aboard as well im 32 overweight and ttc cycle #1 babydust to us all lets conquer this journey together be the encouragement we all need during this time I am very optimistic that our bodies will respond and we will get a BFP one tip I have been doing is prenatal vitamins and mucinex with Guaifenesin this helps with cm and it does work I have been taking it for five days now and I went from cloudy cm to stretchy cm and now I have EWCM I have BD all weekend od is Monday fx

Well have a great girly time and let us know when you see the BFP!!! which i have every faith you will have *power of positive thinking* xx

Thanks! We're having tons of fun. We had lunch and went to the outlet mall and stayed up chatting til the wee hours. Found a couple cute dresses - always fun trying to factor in whether the dress I'm considering could be worn through at least part of a pregnancy without letting on ;) Going a bit nuts not testing, though!

Mind if I join also? I know I've just had a baby, so I know its possible to conceive when overweight. Joining a slimming club on the 7th May as I have my 6 week pp check next week. I was about 26 stones when I fell pregnant with her, but I've always had regular periods. Temping for me was the best although I got positive ovulation packs too.

The reason I want another baby now might sound stupid, but I have the time to have another, which I might not have in a year or two. We're planning on moving aboard to a non English speaking country and I really wouldn't fancy having a baby where I wouldn't fully understand my health care provider.

Good luck everyone

Congratulations on the birth of your first child. Did you have any trouble ttc?

Good luck on ttc baby no.2 :)

Can I join too? I'm ttcing my first and I've always been overweight. I don't have periods without some form of meds to bring one on, and needless to say I don't ovulate.
we have our first Drs app on Tuesday after switching because my other dr just told me to go away, lose weight and go back when I'm 30! I'm 23 at the moment!

I'm hoping for a bit of support as a plus size ttcer because I can't tell anyone we're trying and have been for a long time now. It can be a bit soul destroying can't it?

Hi :)

I went drs last week and was highly suprised when they didnt mention my weight. I think the fact ur dr fobbed you off and told you to come back when your 30 is a joke!! Id go to another dr. Being iverweight doesnt stop ppl having children as some people on these forums are larger ladies and have no trouble getting caught.

I agree its soul destroying. People keep asking when we having a baby and I keep fobbing them off saying we not trying yet that we just enjoying married life and will prob start trying nxt year. Just hope I get caught between now and then.. I often cry about not being pregnant and it seems everywhere I got theres pregnant women.

We just need to stay positive it will happen for us

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"