• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I am 8 weeks pregnant and I don't have sore (.)(.)'s at all and they have not increased in size either - could this be because I am still nursing? It's freaking me out a bit that something is wrong.

Mine were only sore about a week at six or so weeks. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. I never got sore or bigger during any of my other pregnancies!

Hi all coming onto this thread. I'm on holiday at the moment do haven't been able to get on b&b. Basically my problem is this I got my period back in November when LO was 10.5 months, aside from one time where I had a period after 2 weeks first few cycles were normal but for the past six weeks I've had a full blown period every 2 weeks. I have PMS pretty much constantly which for me includes severe anxiety and dark moods, normally I only get these just before my period. In the past I have had the issue of extremely long cycles, now it's the complete opposite. It has got to the point where I'm considering giving up BF as my bad moods and the constant on and off bleeding are wreaking havoc with my relationship with OH, also OH really would like another baby and at the moment he is feeling pretty hopeless of that being a possibility. It's not like a luteal phase defect more like a luteal phase epic fail :( xx

Hi Summer there is a thread over in babyclub asking where you were. I spoted it before I started reading this thread from the begining.

I've still no AF and not feeling particually pregnant at the moment boobs have settled again so could have been ovulation or something and thinking the tiredness I have may well be my body trying to shake off a stupd cold. I could just be on a long cycle I'm not the most regular at the best of times but I've been fairly 4-5 weeks regular since AF returned in December. But I'd consider anything between 4 and 12 weeks as normal never been on BCP or any hormonal birth control.

Thanks just found that thread myself and replied. So frustrating not getting decent Internet! xx

:hugs: Summer rain, I am glad you are OK I was getting concerned where you were!

I have just got a positive OPK on CD18 (going from the day I started bleeding after the chemical) which is exactly the same as my cycles pre Ivy :shrug:

Hi Ladies, I posted a thread asking about success stories people have about conceiving while breastfeeding and was sent here.
My LO is almost 9 months and has just started sleeping in her own room (about a week ago now) and has dropped night feeds all together. She has three meals a day and on average about 3-4 feeds. My period still hasn't returned and we're desperate to have another baby!

How long did it take for your periods to return after dropping night feeds? Did any of you find any way to increase fertility?

TIA:flower:

Hi Ladies, I posted a thread asking about success stories people have about conceiving while breastfeeding and was sent here.
My LO is almost 9 months and has just started sleeping in her own room (about a week ago now) and has dropped night feeds all together. She has three meals a day and on average about 3-4 feeds. My period still hasn't returned and we're desperate to have another baby!

How long did it take for your periods to return after dropping night feeds? Did any of you find any way to increase fertility?

TIA:flower:

I'm probably not a very encouraging person, as my period returned at 19 months, and my luteal phase only got long enough to sustain pregnancy exactly 2 years after the birth (when we conceived.) Having said that, Alice was a very frequent feeder, night and day. I decided not to do much to reduce her nursing sessions, as she wasn't ready to, but I have heard that many people find night weaning the magic bullet in returning fertility.

There's some useful information here. I've also heard that B vitamin supplements could help. Acupuncture is meant to be very effective too according to some of my friends.

Good luck!

That's a great website, lots of useful info! I've never heard about vitamin B but will definitely research it and try it out :) Thank you for your help :flower:

Right ladies, I need more advice!
So I went ahead and ordered some ovulation tests to start taking when my periods returned. They were delivered this afternoon and well....I couldn't help myself and figured i'd take one anyway. My daughters been night weaned for two weeks on friday and i've started to have some 'ovulation pain' / period pain so I was just curious.

This is the result I got. There's definitely two lines :) I know this is still a negative result for present ovulation but as its still there the instructions say to continue with daily testing. Does this mean i'm going to ovulate soon and that the test line will get darker and darker until it's a positive result? Or am i getting excited over nothing?

https://i39.tinypic.com/34yqyx2.jpg

Complete honesty welcome :flower:

So I went ahead and ordered some ovulation tests to start taking when my periods returned. They were delivered this afternoon and well....I couldn't help myself and figured i'd take one anyway. My daughters been night weaned for two weeks on friday and i've started to have some 'ovulation pain' / period pain so I was just curious.

This is the result I got. There's definitely two lines :) I know this is still a negative result for present ovulation but as its still there the instructions say to continue with daily testing. Does this mean i'm going to ovulate soon and that the test line will get darker and darker until it's a positive result? Or am i getting excited over nothing?

Well, from my limited experience, you can't really tell much from one test. I don't think there was ever a point in my cycle where I didn't have any line at all. The best thing to do is keep testing at the same time every day, and maybe twice a day when you think ovulation is close, and you'll start to see a pattern. Good luck! And a word of warning - it's VERY addictive!

I got 2 lines for months before I got my positive while BF, so I hate to say it, but you MAY be getting excited over nothing (YET!)... OR you could be well on your way!

My experience: I did have a lot of cramping and gross feelings (I can only describe it as a really full feeling) for a couple of weeks before I finally got my first positive opk (at 9 months post partum). Got my period 10 days later. Now 21 days into my 2nd cycle I haven't ovulated yet (I'm temping and doing opks again). So just keep testing! Best of luck!

I got 2 lines for months before I got my positive while BF, so I hate to say it, but you MAY be getting excited over nothing (YET!)... OR you could be well on your way!

My experience: I did have a lot of cramping and gross feelings (I can only describe it as a really full feeling) for a couple of weeks before I finally got my first positive opk (at 9 months post partum). Got my period 10 days later. Now 21 days into my 2nd cycle I haven't ovulated yet (I'm temping and doing opks again). So just keep testing! Best of luck!

Well, from my limited experience, you can't really tell much from one test. I don't think there was ever a point in my cycle where I didn't have any line at all. The best thing to do is keep testing at the same time every day, and maybe twice a day when you think ovulation is close, and you'll start to see a pattern. Good luck! And a word of warning - it's VERY addictive!

Thanks ladies! I think your right, I've just got to try and not over think it and keep testing. Fingers crossed :)
I've got the fully yucky feeling and i'm 9 months postpartum so maybe i'll be getting a positive some time soon

Your test line on an OPK needs to be as dark as the control line. So I'd say that's negative right now. What is your cervical mucus like? If you are getting egg white cm then I'd be tempted to start testing evening and morning and see if the line starts to develop into anything.

Your test line on an OPK needs to be as dark as the control line. So I'd say that's negative right now. What is your cervical mucus like? If you are getting egg white cm then I'd be tempted to start testing evening and morning and see if the line starts to develop into anything.

It's still creamy but seems to be changing from what it was a few days ago. Not anything like egg whites yet but I definitely feel like there's something happening.

It depends on the brand of OPKs; while a lighter line is still a negative, with some brands it means you're on the way to a positive; for others you will get a faint-medium line throughout your cycle. I know the IC OPKs don't tend to come with very detailed instructions but they may at least give some indication as to which type your tests are xx

with internet cheapies i found that i had a line like that almost the entire cycle

even when they get dark they might not be indicating ovulation

when you get a positive you will definately know because t is just as dark or darker than the control and you will 100% not need to ask it will just 100% look the same you know

i was like it for months saying well that once is aaaaaaaaaaaaaalmost as dark so it must be positive 6 months later i felt my first ov pains and got my first proper positive ad you do think wow ok so that is defo pos lol

i was the same with those ic hpts when i got my positive on one of those i was like errrr exactly how many hours did i waste over looking at negatives the last 10 months trying think a pink line there lol

I used OPKs for 3 months before my cycles returned and have used them for the past 2 cycles (chemical pregnancy first cycle and now in the 2ww in my second cycle)

Before my periods returned my body seemed to be in 14 day cycles of 'trying' to ovulate where the OPKs would be close but not quite there.

Also it is really common not to get a gradual fade in and more of a surge, where the OPKs go from pale to positive overnight.

Here are my OPKs from this month, starting on CD 6 and ov. on CD 18/19.

https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q158/lissylops1/OPKmontage.jpg​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->