• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Thank you so much ladies for all your advice and help, it means a lot to know there's so much support here! :)
Anyway...I now know my pic of one OPK test was pretty useless :haha: so here's a picture of one i've literally just taken today compared to yesterdays. The second line is a lot darker!!

https://i40.tinypic.com/2a50jkl.jpg

I know this is still a negative and i'm not ovulating yet, but it definitely looks like something is happening to me :):)
Like I said, i still haven't had my first period but have had ovulation pain the past few days after night weaning my daughter from the breast for almost two weeks...i'm hoping this is too much of a coincidence to be nothing but who knows :flower:

Im trying to stay grounded and keep my calm sensible thinking head one but YAY!

Today's does look promising, mine would get a little darker than that when the OPKs would darken up every 14 days or so.

Once I got a positive I was 100% sure though. Fingers crossed your lovely dark line is just around the corner!

Hi ladies, glad I came accross this thread!
Is anyone here having LP issues? Mine are short normally, but I've lost a couple more days now. :dohh:
I'm only on cycle 3 of TTC so I guess its not a major concern.. But we had a long journey first time round and I'm praying that we hit the jackpot asap this time!
Also has anyone had any luck with clomid while BF? (Our ittle boy is a clomid baby) I was prescribed it to lengthen my cycles before and it worked!

Thank you so much ladies for all your advice and help, it means a lot to know there's so much support here! :)
Anyway...I now know my pic of one OPK test was pretty useless :haha: so here's a picture of one i've literally just taken today compared to yesterdays. The second line is a lot darker!!

I know this is still a negative and i'm not ovulating yet, but it definitely looks like something is happening to me :):)
Like I said, i still haven't had my first period but have had ovulation pain the past few days after night weaning my daughter from the breast for almost two weeks...i'm hoping this is too much of a coincidence to be nothing but who knows :flower:

Go :sex: now!!! My IC OPK for DS looked pretty similar to that. Was never truly darker. Plus if you are about to ovulate its probably good to pre-load some :spermy::spermy: waiting for when the egg is released.

Its one year and one day since I got my positive OPK and conceived DS..... and a conception today gives you a Boxing Day EDD.

Go :sex: now!!! My IC OPK for DS looked pretty similar to that. Was never truly darker. Plus if you are about to ovulate its probably good to pre-load some :spermy::spermy: waiting for when the egg is released.

Its one year and one day since I got my positive OPK and conceived DS..... and a conception today gives you a Boxing Day EDD.

Eeek! I thought it looked pretty close :dance: A boxing day baby, that would the best Christmas present ever!
We :sex: the night before last, and will definitely be tonight just in case.

OOOOOh my gosh, i'm so happy :happydance:

ourlittlebump once my line looked that like (I start testing morning and night. It was like that about 11 am yesterday so I tested last night adn it was the same darkness, tested this morning and it was darker!

Best of luck! I know I'm gonna be :sex: tonight!

awwww...a christmas baby....

no clue dan-o, no clomid here, and I did have a 9-10 lp before James, have only had one ov so far and I started spotting 9dpo. So, no better, no worse.

ourlittlebump once my line looked that like (I start testing morning and night. It was like that about 11 am yesterday so I tested last night adn it was the same darkness, tested this morning and it was darker!

Best of luck! I know I'm gonna be :sex: tonight!

awwww...a christmas baby....

no clue dan-o, no clomid here, and I did have a 9-10 lp before James, have only had one ov so far and I started spotting 9dpo. So, no better, no worse.

I'm praying it's darker still today, I usually test at about lunch time. The only problem is my OH works nights! I'm going to have to force :sex: upon him when he gets home at 2am :haha:

If he's reluctant you could use the "blow-job and crucial moment hop on" technique. :rofl:

HAHAHA!! I think that could be the only way i'm going to get any :spermy: tonight :haha:

Fingers crossed for a :bfp: ozzieshunni!

I'm soooo confused about my OPKs now :( My cramping today has been horrible, I feel like i'm going to come on any day. Anyway...i'm going to clog this feed up with yet another pic. I've only had one day with a 'near positive' result, it's now completely negative. There isn't a second line at all!

Can just one positive OPK still mean you ovulated? Only whenever i've seen other ladies they always have a couple of days with a dark second line :wacko:

In this pic my 'positive' OPK no longer looks as dark as it was (pic of it on the day taken is further up the thread).

https://i41.tinypic.com/33tt0k7.jpg

Ourlittlebump - I still wouldn't say that one was positive... Maybe your urine was just more concentrated that time? Or maybe you were going to ovulate but haven't yet?

Ozzie - Time for another TEST!!!

Fingers crossed for you Ozzie your not out until AF shows. May be give it another few days.

I tried again last night and got a BFN so I am really confused with my stupid body at the moment guessing I'm just on a long cycle. Lost count of what week I'm on but definetly not had AF since mid Feb.

Ozzieshunni - :test: Hope you get a BFP! Would the timing be a bit out with regards to your trip?

Ourlittlebump - I'd also say that it wasn't actually positive. I've had plenty like that plus some positives and you can see the difference. It could be that you get a few 'nearly there' OKPs, every few days or weeks, before you get a positive, while your body tries to ovulate.

My cycle is all over the place this time so I think I'm out already. My 1st cycle back was textbook on my chart and was 29 days with an LP of 13 days. This time around my temps have been really inconsistent (not helped by illness) and I had a 'mini AF' on CD10. Also hubby has been on lots of late/night shifts so my aim of :sex: every 2 days has fallen by the wayside. :nope:
Roll on next cycle now.....

Thanks ladies, I guess i'm going to have to be patient and hope that I get my positive some day soon!

The timing would be horrible :dohh: I looked at my last cycle and I'm actually only a couple days late. I think it might be late because I've been under some stress and Alex has been teething so he's been comfort sucking A LOT! I got a :bfn: about three days ago. I dunno. I might go to the shop today and get another test.

I had 3 months of weird 2 weekly cycles where my OPKs would almost be positive but not quite make it, it is a good sign something is building up to happening :hugs:

OurLittleBump - my first cycle was like that. It got stronger and stronger but never made it to a positive. Keep testing though, because I also found that sometimes I'd have two surges in a cycle, where the first one wouldn't get there, but the next one would.

Ozzieshunni - Did you get another test? Can't wait to hear the result!

I had 3 months of weird 2 weekly cycles where my OPKs would almost be positive but not quite make it, it is a good sign something is building up to happening :hugs:

OurLittleBump - my first cycle was like that. It got stronger and stronger but never made it to a positive. Keep testing though, because I also found that sometimes I'd have two surges in a cycle, where the first one wouldn't get there, but the next one would.

Ozzieshunni - Did you get another test? Can't wait to hear the result!

You say your first cycles gave test results like mine. I'm just curious did you have your AF before you started TTC or were you testing before it came back as I am? Thanks for your support :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->