• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Hi, Im new to this section, I'm currently breastfeeding, and as yet have no sign of AF at all, LO has just started weaning this last few weeks. What I'm asking has anyone fallen pregnant without getting there cycle back or having any symptoms at all? Cramping etc.. Thanks ladies :)

There are a couple ladies on here that have. I'm sure they'll be able to answer you ASAP :flower: :) Didn't want you to think we were ignoring you :hugs:

Hi ladies, hope someone can give me some advice/info. I am BFing my LO but just down to 1 or 2 feeds in 24 hours for several months now (bed/night time).

My LP has been 9 days the previous 2 cycles and I know BFing can cause a short LP. However this cycle I am on 12DPO (I think) but no AF. BFN's so far though (boo!).

Could other ladies let me know if their LP lengthened gradually or is it common for it to jump suddenly? I guess I'm hoping you'll all tell me the tests must be wrong or too early and I MUST be pregnant lol!! :haha:

Hi Whatme! Can't really help, as I had a few cycles back before getting pregnant, but welcome!

Everythingxed- I can tell you exactly! My LP was 4, 6, 9, 12, 8 (boo!) days,then I got my BFP on day 12 of the final cycle. Obviously that's going to vary for everyone, but it gives you an idea. Alice was still feeding many times a day (and night) throughout that. Maybe test in a couple of days and see what happens. Even if it's a BFN, that's still really encouraging to have a longer LP. Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Everythingxed- I can tell you exactly! My LP was 4, 6, 9, 12, 8 (boo!) days,then I got my BFP on day 12 of the final cycle. Obviously that's going to vary for everyone, but it gives you an idea. Alice was still feeding many times a day (and night) throughout that. Maybe test in a couple of days and see what happens. Even if it's a BFN, that's still really encouraging to have a longer LP. Good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Thanks Tacey, yes I'm just hoping I wasn't wrong about when I ov'd. It's not looking very hopeful for a BFP this month now but like you say if my LP has lengthened then that's great :thumbup:

Thanks for replying ladies, I'm not very hot on the abbreviations :wacko:
Suppose there's nothing I can do about getting pregnant untill my bodies ready.. Grrrr.. I'm ready now though.
I'm still feeding on demand which for us is prob 6 times a day and a quick one about 3am could this little blighter be the culprit, we prob only go about 6 hours max at night.
Any advice or words of encouragement will be grately received, I really wanted Lillie to have a sibling very close in age, it sucks when things don't go to plan.. Xxx

Whatme - I too wanted a sibling close to James. We started trying when he was 6 months. I ovulated for the first time about two weeks ago and just got my first period at 9 months. (we were trying like crazy to catch the first egg, but it didn't happen for us) I'm hoping now that I have had an AF that maybe the next ovulation will be lucky for me. Best of Luck to you.

Hiya ladies! Did any of you get AF back while still practising ecological breastfeeding?

We're on almost 15 months and still no sign of AF. DD doesn't even feed much anymore, once at night, once in the afternoon for her nap and once before bed. We still co-sleep though if that makes a difference? Not planning on ttc till the end of this year/start of the next but I wanted time for my cycles to regulate. Don't really want to have to fully wean if I can help it.

had to look up ecological breastfeeding! It varies when women's fertility returns DS was 17 weeks, feeding every 2 hours, cosleeping, babywearing but then I ovulated on the contraceptive pill so wasn't surprised. This baby was conceived when DS was 25/6 weeks and still feeding every 2/3 hrs day and night!! Other women don't get their fertility back til their LO weans. You don't know til you try unfortunately (or in our case ntnp)

I got my AF back around five months with Alex and we were BFing loads and cosleeping and baby wearing so it does vary woman to woman. :flower:

Hi girls :flower:

Got my bfp a couple of weeks ago :happydance: ... so happy! DD still a booby monster though (bless lol) ... could anyone tell me what can I do about my sore boobies? My nipples are AGONY!

Thank you xxx

Hi Debbi. Fortunately for me the soreness went away fairly quickly, but there was about 2 weeks of agony every time my dd nursed. Unfortunately, this time is different for every woman and every pregnancy... Personally I just pushed through the pain, and tried to minimize distractions while nursing. It was worse when she pulled off to look at something or someone.

Congratulations Debi!
The pain eased a lot for me too, although I still get it now and again. Try to follow the old, dull rules of drinking lots of water and checking the latch if it's particularly sore. Distracting yourself with something like TV is good too!

Thank you :flower:

I'm glad to hear the pain eased quickly for you girls.. gives me some hope! I definitely could do with drinking more water so I'll try that. Latch could probably do with some work as well.. I've noticed now that LO pulls with her teeth while nursing, so easy to slip into bad habits when there's no pain! Have to try and sort that one out.

Are you girls still co-sleeping? If so are you planning to for the whole of your pregnancy? And what about when new LO arrives?

xx

Thank you :flower:

Are you girls still co-sleeping? If so are you planning to for the whole of your pregnancy? And what about when new LO arrives?

xx

We decided to stop just after she was 2. She was getting quite angry at night, and nobody slept well. I was quite relieved, as she had a tendency to roll over me in the night - not ideal with a newborn on the other side!

Only just noticed this thread. Will read through it all later.

Those who have got their BFP how did your boobs feel compaired to ealy in your first pregnancy sore boobs was the only early hint to my first pregnancy (as I checked back the ttc forums). Mine are starting to feel fuller and heavier than they have in months I think I'm 9 days post ovulation.

I also feel really really tired but that could be DS keeping me awake for 2 hours during the night and DH being on a weeks holiday.

Could I have another BFP on its way?

Only just noticed this thread. Will read through it all later.

Those who have got their BFP how did your boobs feel compaired to ealy in your first pregnancy sore boobs was the only early hint to my first pregnancy (as I checked back the ttc forums). Mine are starting to feel fuller and heavier than they have in months I think I'm 9 days post ovulation.

I also feel really really tired but that could be DS keeping me awake for 2 hours during the night and DH being on a weeks holiday.

Could I have another BFP on its way?

I had sore boobs and pain while feeding. It was similar to the pain I'd get before AF showed up. I'm not sure I felt it at only 9 dpo, but it was one of my earlier symptoms.

I guess the only way to be sure is to give it a few days and test! Let us know how it goes! :thumbup:

Tacey- was it a struggle making the transition? Is LO in her own room now, or another bed in yours? I love the idea of having both of them in the bed but I don't know how lovely the reality of it would actually be!! (And i don't think OH is too chuffed at the notion!) I'll see how we go.. DD is still teething so might be better to wait til that's done with.. but then LO might have just arrived which also wouldn't be the best time :dohh: Argh, duno what to do for the best!

Tommyg- I didn't start getting sore boobs until about a week ago (man are they sore now!). So it wasn't one of the first signs for me, although I thought it would be. But now that I think of it I didn't really have sore boobs with DD either til a bit later on either. Good luck!! Keep us posted!

xx

I'm too scared to test.
The last time I tested while he was on a day out with his mates, they came back to the house lovely sunny day they were sat in the garden I ended up telling him in the kitchen while we were trying to sort beers to go with the curry they'd brought back. I couldn't hold on for an hour or so until they left.
He doesn't get back until Sunday I don't want to tell him back phone and I think I'd struggle to keep it to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->