• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Debi - It was a surprisingly smooth transition, but I think that was because she was getting as fed up in our bed as we were! We have the cot mattress made up as a bed next to ours, but she's never spent a night in it, except once when she'd been sick in hers! She's in a single in her room, and from the first day it arrived, she went straight in. She's still waking multiple times a night though. Does your LO nurse at night? That was what I couldn't quite work out how I'd manage. We night weaned early in the pregnancy though, as I wasn't coping well.

TommyG - I'd be just the same! You'll be 12 dpo by Sunday won't you? That's a good time to test anyway. Fingers crossed for you!

DH and I just :sex: while Alex was sleeping :dohh: I've lost track of my cycle dates sooooo :dohh:

We continued to co-sleep throughout my last pregnancy and when DS2 came along it wasn't that much of a hassle. DS1 never accidently rolled over on DS2, but I always had them on opposite sides of each other. Not quite sure what we're going to do this time around, though....

Wow that's great Tacey! Is LO ok to get back down when she wakes without feeding then? Yes DD still feeds at night, normally around twice (except for those miraculous occasions she sleeps through, which unfortunately are few and far between!!).. she never feeds for very long and I've taken to stopping it a bit earlier than she would probably like as I can't get back to sleep with the pain. She never really bothers too much about that though. I am coping just now, but it's early days yet so it's great to hear that night weaning has worked out for you! I still have my supply at the moment (fx for the duration!!) so things might change.

Silver Penny, awesome that it worked out ok for you with both! Do you have a cot/ co-sleeper set up by your bed? Bloody hell you'll need a super-extra-king-of-kingsize bed when new LO arrives!!

xx

Wow that's great Tacey! Is LO ok to get back down when she wakes without feeding then? Yes DD still feeds at night, normally around twice (except for those miraculous occasions she sleeps through, which unfortunately are few and far between!!).. she never feeds for very long and I've taken to stopping it a bit earlier than she would probably like as I can't get back to sleep with the pain. She never really bothers too much about that though. I am coping just now, but it's early days yet so it's great to hear that night weaning has worked out for you! I still have my supply at the moment (fx for the duration!!) so things might change.

xx

Yes, I just stroke her head and she's off again. I'm not sure she's even properly awake, although she isn't as keen on DH coming in to her. That might cause issues when the baby comes! I think I probably started like you are doing, ending the feed a bit sooner than usual. Hope your supply keeps high!

Alex rarely wakes at night for a feed now. He's often content to go back to sleep with a little rocking.

I know this seems silly but if I get pregnant will my milk go away? My son is 10 month and I do NOT want to lose supply for him I have BF from day 1 and I don't want to stop if I become pregnant.

It depends woman to woman really. Most I've talked to do experience a small dip in supply. Breastmilk changes back to colostrum in the third trimester as well. Some babies continue to nurse, some self-wean. I highly recommend Adventures in Tandem Nursing (I've linked it on the first page). It's a wonderful read and very reassuring!

I would feel awful if I lost my supply and he still feeds so much. I will take a look at what you suggested. I worked VERY hard to BF with my son because it failed with my daughter and I had to just deal with the damage and pain done with the start of this and now its an amazingly lovely experience and I am so bonded with my boy.

Have the urge to poas I used a opk, got a really strong positive, now I have to act normal whilst shopping with sis. Will pick up a hpt while out.

Nervously excited

Hi ladies! Can i join? Me and hubby have decided to ditch the condoms and see what happens! I would love to be pregnant before September because I´ll be going away from hubby for a couple of months to spend some time with my parents who live in a different continent. But at the moment i dont have very high hopes :( I am breastfeeding on demand and dont have my cycles back yet. Any suggestions on how to boost my fertility?

Steph I've no real advice but I never got a period unit LO was 10 months old. He was exclusivly BF until I started weaning at 6.5months and I continue to BF night and morning and he gets the odd one if he's not well.
I wouldn't hold out much hope for you to be pregnant before Sept given your LO is just 3 months.

Hi Steph! Not much help here either as my periods returned at 19 months. It depends how you're breastfeeding too. If you're practising ecological breastfeeding, your fertility will be pretty unlikely to return for at least 6 months or so. Kellymom has a bar chart with some statistics here.

Good luck!

I've tried 2 hpt and both bfn, so now i'm confused. Will give it another few days before I try again.

I am just popping in here :flower:

We are officially TTC again now since my cycles appear to have returned at long last (nearly 16 months) - it actually appears we caught the very first eggy but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and it was chemical and AF started in full swing the day after I got my BFP.

I am on CD 13 now and using OPKs but ov. doesnt appear to be imminent, pre baby I used to ov. on CD 18/19 so I am not tearing my hair out yet...:haha:

Am I being foolishly optimistic hoping for any kind of normality this early given it took 16 months for AF to return and the chemical?

My little girl has naturally weaned down to one feed a day now, just before bed and no night feeds now :flower:

Just saying Hi :)
I was pointed over here, as I just found out we are expecting no.2 and I hope to still continue feeding my DS throughout the pregnacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->