TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Hi there I'm new to the site. I am currently breastfeeding my youngest son who is 25 months old. I have kind of been TTC since july 2010, although my period hadnt returned I just kind of lived in hope lol I have had my period back since august 2011 so have been officially TTC since then.
My son still feeds a good few times a day and at least 3-4 times a night.

Hi there I'm new to the site. I am currently breastfeeding my youngest son who is 25 months old. I have kind of been TTC since july 2010, although my period hadnt returned I just kind of lived in hope lol I have had my period back since august 2011 so have been officially TTC since then.
My son still feeds a good few times a day and at least 3-4 times a night.

:wave: Welcome!

Just because your period is back, doesn't mean you are ovulating yet. Have you tried ovulation predictor strips? :) Good luck!

I'm currently hating tandem nursing. When I feed the 2 of them together I get agitated, but can't feed them separately as DD want's to nurse cos the babies nursing. She is matching DS feed for feed during the day and following a cold is waking in the night and coming into our bed again and having night feeds.

My supply is up and down and up and down as DD will decide to feed loads one day, then play loads the next day....but because of the baby my supply responds quickly. When DD decides to up her feeds it makes DS start acting like he is having a growth spurt and feed with a growth spurt pattern. And now I think DS has actually started the 4 month growth spurt for real. When she has a playful day and doesn't feed as much I get full boobies and got mastitis from a sudden feeding drop a couple of weeks ago.

Also my appetite is up and down depending on how much DD is taking. One day I feel so hungry I could go present Man v Food, the next I feel sluggish and full.

If DD would stick to a steady number of feeds per day, suitable for a child of her age then I'd be happy. But the variable number of feeds is making me miserable.

Celesse, that sounds so tough. Would you be able to put some restrictions in place for your DD to limit when she nurses? Is there an alternative snack you could offer that she might be happy with instead?

I'm obviously not at the tandem stage yet, but I'm familiar with the agitation. I came to the conclusion that we all need to be happy for it to work, and delayed or outright refused feeds through the day. We had lots of tears at first, but I think it was important for us to do. Countdowns were initially very useful ('You can nurse until all my fingers have gone down'), although have mixed success now!

I hope you're feeling happy with tandem nursing again soon :hugs:

I officially have 'line eye' and pee on a stick addiction.
I'm going crazy. Why did I even take a pregnancy test? :dohh:

I also have POAS addiction. :blush: I did a preggo trst last night and there is a definate pale line but i'm convinced it's an evap as, with my strange cycle this month, I can't see how I could be preggers! :dohh:
I'm retesting tomorrow.

Pic of your test please! :flower: How many dpo do you think you are?

Eeeep! Fingers crossed for a BFP for you! :flower:

I still haven't had a period since my LO was born. I don't even know if I ovulated. I started taking OPKs about 2 weeks ago and it just so happened that on the second day of taking them I have a pretty dark line (there's a pic further up)
I threw my test away! I couldn't get my camera to pick up what I could see. I'm pretty sure I just want to see it so badly that my minds playing tricks but i'll test again in a couple of days and post a pic then if anything shows :)

So, it happened! I'm pregnant! Only had one PP AF at 14 months. That puts me around 5 wks pregnant right now, early days! Crampy, but no breast tenderness (as it's usually my first sign, but I'm assuming because my LO is still nursing, that's why they're not swollen/sore yet).
Anyone have a LO that starts refusing one breast? My LO for some reason doesn't like my right boob. You think it's maybe a 'flow' thing??
Strange.
But I'm excited to be expecting, again!

oooo, Congrats Austinsmom!! How exciting!

ourlittlebump and span - I'm either 9dpo (according to FF) or 5dpo (according to countdowntopregnancy.com) so for some reason I thought it would be a good day to test. :haha: BFN, not surprised or disappointed. Will test again tomorrow cause I have a poas addiction too :dohh: No point in taking a pic for mine, no hint of a line whatsoever. I'm probably the 5dpo anyway. What dpo are you span?

Congratulations Austinsmom. :happydance:

I have no idea how many dpo I am. :wacko: My temps have been all over the place this cycle, after a textbook chart last cycle. That's not been helped by the fact I've been ill. :dohh: I 'might' be 11 or 12 dpo, if the bleed I had on cd10 was ov. My OPKs have been funny - not positive but a dark line each day.
FF gave me crosshairs about 4 days ago but that's based on my temps when I had a proper fever. :dohh:

I have done ov sticks and had positives and then had AF arrived 2 weeks from the positive ov test so pretty sure i'm ov, although I know ov tests only detect the surge, something can still prevent you from ov.
I have a pee on a stick addiction.
I tested this morning, negative, tested this afternoon, was sure i saw a 2nd faint line, went away and come back which i know is a mistake, but the line was still there (in the past i have convinced myself there was a line and then checked later to find it had disappeared lol) and slightly darker and defo pink. Did another which I wasnt sure on so said was negative but when I looked again (because I am stupid and like to torture myself apparently) I could see a pink line. I hate hate hate TTC LOL

:haha: I remember hating it as well. I was happy to see my AF this time around though. I don't want to have morning sickness during our trip in June.

Hahaha we are away in august and I honest do keep thinking if I'm not preg this month maybe it would be an idea to take a break to clear my head and avoid morning sickness while on holiday, especially being in the car 5 hours to get there LOL
Trying very hard now to wait till morning before doing another now LOL

I have done ov sticks and had positives and then had AF arrived 2 weeks from the positive ov test so pretty sure i'm ov, although I know ov tests only detect the surge, something can still prevent you from ov.
I have a pee on a stick addiction.
I tested this morning, negative, tested this afternoon, was sure i saw a 2nd faint line, went away and come back which i know is a mistake, but the line was still there (in the past i have convinced myself there was a line and then checked later to find it had disappeared lol) and slightly darker and defo pink. Did another which I wasnt sure on so said was negative but when I looked again (because I am stupid and like to torture myself apparently) I could see a pink line. I hate hate hate TTC LOL

I hate it too, and this is only the first month! Does anyone else stalk the pregnancy and ovulation test gallery? :blush:

I really hope there's someone around to help me figure this out at this time!!

BFP? It's looks strange, but maybe i'm just trying not to get too excited?! What do you think?
https://i40.tinypic.com/10gzk87.jpg

https://i44.tinypic.com/1hq8i0.jpg

It does look a little strange, like smudged but the first one looks like it has a line! Congrats!

Thank you :) I'm so doubtful of it because of how it looks smudgy in some lights. I don't believe it's positive at all :nope: I think i'll have to wait until morning and test then. Fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->