TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Question for those who are pregnant:
My LO only nurses about 3 times a day, and my nipples were sore for a few days after my BFP... but nothing now? When can I expect the sore nipples to kick in full time? Makes me a little nervous that it just stopped hurting all of a sudden.
And are any of you COMPLETELY exhausted?? Seems like in the afternoons, I can barely hold my head up (that never happened with my other pregnancies). I notice after I take my prenatals, I get some energy... but doesn't last long. :flower:

Hey Austinsmom :)
I have had periods of sore nipples when dd feeds throughout my pregnancy to date (but these are irregular in pattern and duration). The tiredness, i actually hadnt found as bad as in my first pregnancy until the past few days - but i think this is because dd is teething and therefore feeding copiously rather than her usual 3/4 times a day. I also had periods during the times of sore nipples when i really dint want to bf lo and once she was on couldnt wait for her to finish, but we persevered and are still going, and i fully intend on trying tandem feeding once lo has arrived! Congratulations on your pregnancy xx

My AF returned today. I've never been so happy to see it :blush: I may not have been pregnant but at least now I know my body is going in the right direction.
Things should be a lot easy to keep track of now :)

Now I need to learn all these TTC terms! Is this CD1?

Congrats austinsmom! :flower:

Thanks! Yes, the first day of AF, is CD1. TTC forums I found VERY helpful when TTC my LO. When I was TTC her, I didn't know there was such a thing as cervical postions, temping, let alone mucus changes, lol :dohh: Baby dust to you!

Hope you don't mind me posting,I'm still bf Zack who is almost 19 months old and will be having my coil removed next Monday so that we can ttc# 3 my periods are regular but slightly weird not sure if that's to do with the coil,bf or just the way things are

For two days I get really painful period pains and I also have like blood Ewcm then I'l Jane nothing for a day then heavy for 2 days then spotting for one day

Oh I see what you mean. Mine are just like spotting for 3 days every month.

I have no idea what to count as cd1 now so irritating.

My AF returned today. I've never been so happy to see it :blush: I may not have been pregnant but at least now I know my body is going in the right direction.
Things should be a lot easy to keep track of now :)

Now I need to learn all these TTC terms! Is this CD1?

Congrats austinsmom! :flower:

Thanks! Yes, the first day of AF, is CD1. TTC forums I found VERY helpful when TTC my LO. When I was TTC her, I didn't know there was such a thing as cervical postions, temping, let alone mucus changes, lol :dohh: Baby dust to you!

Haha! Tell me about it, there's SO much to learn. I'll have to go and have a nose in the TTC forum like you said.
I've also just registered with fertilityfriend.com so hopefully that'll make it all a little easy to keep track of

Got my BFP friday. Confirmed by a digital on Saturday. Looks like I'll be due Christmas Day eeek! :xmas22:

I've been a little worried about my milk... I got my first AF last month and James was very fussy at the breast and then I would give him solids and he would scarf them down! (weird since he didn't start really eating till around then). He doesn't seem to be having as many wet diapers. My husband thinks he's having enough wet diapers, but it doesn't seem like a lot. Should I be concerned? Is it normal to have a supply dip? Will it come back up?

Also, I'm not even 4 weeks yet I think, (I was temping and my online charting has a disagreement on when I ovulated) and I am soooo tired! THis will pass, right?

Thanks ladies

Congratulations! And what a lovely due date! :happydance:

As for the milk thing, it really does depend. It seems like the experience of ladies on here is that the younger your child is, the more milk you tend to have. I've had pretty well nothing from fairly early on despite nursing frequently, but Alice was 2 when I conceived. Hopefully you'll be fine!

I found the tiredness really bad at first, then improved for a while. Listen to your body though, and try and take it easy if you need to.

Hope you have a lovely 9 months!

Ooooooo, Tacey! You're gonna pop soon!!!!!! :) :happydance:

Spoke to DH. I was on the fence about TTC again, but we agreed that we will try and take whatever comes :)

Ooooooo, Tacey! You're gonna pop soon!!!!!! :) :happydance:

Spoke to DH. I was on the fence about TTC again, but we agreed that we will try and take whatever comes :)

Not long now!

Exciting that you're TTC again! Good luck!

Just catching up for the first time in about a week. Good to see a couple of BFP's.

Me ? I'm still in limbo land can't actually remember when my last AF was sometime in Feb so think I must be about CD56 or something. Had some cramps that made me think AF was on her way then nothing and tried a HPT yesterday and got a BFN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->