TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who have had their bfp's!!

i have never wished to have my af so much as i have done this week. I am due on i have had period pains and spotting but no flow. im supposed to be having my coil out on monday so that we can ttc so hoping to get af out of the way so that i can make the appointment.

Here's a daft one, LO had got into a horrible habit of clamping his teeth down then pulling his head back, ouch! He was doing it for weeks and has suddenly stopped could it be a sign of anything or has he finally listened?

Those mummies who are tandem nursing, how has your toddler taken to the new baby?
I've never really had a problem with sibling rivalry with my others but then they were not breastfeeding at the time either.
Now I know that my 25 month old may wean during pregnancy, or it may even take so long that he weans before then. He is a huge Mummies boy, which I do quite like seeing as my others were not. But he gets very jealous of me showing too much attention to my older 2. Tries to push them off my lap and says " No thats my mummy" I do worry that if he doesnt want me cuddling my older 2 how will he feel about me actually giving a tiny squealing person his MILK!?

We've had some hitting episodes associated with BFing. It usually happens if DD wants to nurse but I say no and am nursing the baby, or if I've removed DD from nursing for being silly (nursing agitation + toddler humming "wheels on the bus" and dancing with her butt in the air whilst feeding is a no-no imo).

Our response to hitting has been to pay a lot of attention to baby in an over the top way. "POOR baby. Oh no, your sister was hitting you. There there". And then address it with DD once she has calmed down. she is old enough to understand that its not nice to hurt people and that you need to say "sorry" to make it ok again. And as she hits for parent attention she doesn't do it that often when our response is to ignore her completely and shower her "enemy" with attention.

Daft question anybody heard anything about nursing while TTC increasing your chances of twins?

I have never heard that before. Interetingnto know if theres any evidence

Daft question anybody heard anything about nursing while TTC increasing your chances of twins?

I read you have like a 9x greater chance of twins if ttc while BF. I would assume that's still pretty low though.

Yeah, I've heard of the increased chance of twins as well. There was a study done on it, I'll try to find it later if I can.

I've heard this too, although I need to make sure the OH doesn't find out! :haha:

I think I might make my hubby read up about it LOL He is always going on about "when we have the twins" but isnt that keen on the idea of our son breastfeeding as long as he has, maybe knowing his helping increase the chances of twins would shut him up a bit longer LOL

Fertility while Breastfeeding

This link has some interesting information, as well as some information on the rate of twinning in lactating mothers. Apparently, instead of the normal 1.1% chance of having twins naturally, mothers who are breastfeeding when they get pregnant have a 12.4% chance of concieving twins.

wow that is quite a jump really isnt it. I know in the grand scheme of things its still quite low but 12.4% !

Thanks for that silver penny. I'd read it on line but I couldn't find any proper sites that said anything just forums and stuff.

Mother of boys I can see where your DH is coming from I would love to have twins too. As a child I liked the idea of them coming as a pair buying co-ordinating outfits etc However as an adult I want twins as I would really like 3 of a family and it would kind of speed things along. However as I'm 37 the chances of me having another 2 singletons is very slim.

I was wondering if I'd be carrying twins, this is my fifth pregnancy, I'm 35, and bfing... Plus my father has fraternal twin brothers which means th gene for multiple ovulation runs somewhere on my side. I've had 6 ultrasounds though, and this is most definitely a single baby.

Faternal twins can be inherited but only down the female line, ie they matter on your mothers side but not your dads.

Your chances are higher the older you are, 35+, your chances of getting pregnant are lower but if you do the odds of twins are higher.

My mum had a very late menopose wee into her 50's, so assuming I take after her, that I would have to be in my 40's before age will increase my chances of twins.

My mum always releases 2 eggs, even though she fell pregnant with me at 16 I was a twin, though only I survived and she then went on to have twin boys. I do like the idea of twins, he is however convinced we will have twin girls, we have 3 boys atm LOL
I love the idea of twins.

Very interesting about the twin thing, never knew that! My OH has twin cousins but I know every branch of my family back to the 1700s (and several branches going back before that) and there is only a couple of sets of twins way back then and after that no twins in my family whatsoever. I'd love to have twins. Anyway I am now on CD24 and no period, looks like for this cycle at least it's going to be a more normal length...xx

Belated congratulations Spunky! :happydance:

Interesting about the twins. I'd better not let hubby know about that! :haha:

My cycle has been very strange this month but this morning FF gave me cross hairs for wednesday so we shall see. I also had a positive OPK and loads of EWCM on the tuesday. Problem is hubby has been 'too tired' this week for :sex: (or working crappy late shifts) and we've only managed it once (when I mentioned TTC). He's such a girl - I keep waiting for him to tell me he has a headache. :dohh::grr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->