TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I'm still here. We had a small slip up while I was supposed to be ovulating. It wouldn't be so bad to get pregnant now, but I don't want to be having morning sickness our whole trip in June *sigh* Hard to get DH to keep it in his pants :rofl:

hi, i didnt even know this existed!

I have a 13 month old. he will drink cows milk from a cup and seems quite happy to do so. Only first thing in the morning and in the night ( if he wakes) he wants boobs ( oh and if he sees them!) I am 4 weeks pregnant now, i dont want to tandem feed so i know i need to wean him off. But when??
should i wait longer or asap, i dont want to be feeding the little one and him being jeous / wanting it himself?

hi, i didnt even know this existed!

I have a 13 month old. he will drink cows milk from a cup and seems quite happy to do so. Only first thing in the morning and in the night ( if he wakes) he wants boobs ( oh and if he sees them!) I am 4 weeks pregnant now, i dont want to tandem feed so i know i need to wean him off. But when??
should i wait longer or asap, i dont want to be feeding the little one and him being jeous / wanting it himself?

This does not happen often. Most of the time, children who tandem nurse get along better :thumbup: :)

Maybe don't offer, don't refuse?

When does the BF aggitation go away?! I'm committed to feeding her 3 times a day, but any other time she wants to nurse, I avoid her, give her a cup of milk instead. Doesn't help that she's teething, makes everything so much more sensitive. I want to give up most days, but in my heart, I can't do it... I keep telling myself, it's best to let her wean (I don't really want to quit).
Ahhhhhh... venting, just venting ladies. And LO's been up since 2am. With no signs of going back to bed. Tough night!

Oh Austinsmum I feel you :hugs:!! I am finding it very difficult at the moment with bf agitation too, esp. at night.. been getting sooo angry with LO, it's terrible... feel like the worst mum ever. My poor DD :cry: ... I really don't want to quit either as i know she just isn't ready.. think I might have to try and night wean. Really not looking forward to teething!! How old is your LO?

When does the BF aggitation go away?! I'm committed to feeding her 3 times a day, but any other time she wants to nurse, I avoid her, give her a cup of milk instead. Doesn't help that she's teething, makes everything so much more sensitive. I want to give up most days, but in my heart, I can't do it... I keep telling myself, it's best to let her wean (I don't really want to quit).
Ahhhhhh... venting, just venting ladies. And LO's been up since 2am. With no signs of going back to bed. Tough night!

Oh Austinsmum I feel you :hugs:!! I am finding it very difficult at the moment with bf agitation too, esp. at night.. been getting sooo angry with LO, it's terrible... feel like the worst mum ever. My poor DD :cry: ... I really don't want to quit either as i know she just isn't ready.. think I might have to try and night wean. Really not looking forward to teething!! How old is your LO?

LO is almost 15 months. She's been night weaned for about 4 months now, but with teething, everything seems to go out the window, lol. Whenever she says GiGiGi (code: boob), I cringe. :haha:

Haha, oh I know the feeling! At least my boobs aren't sore any more, although I think I'd rather the pain than that horrible feeling! I've been soooo exhausted this time around too and have pretty bad ms which isn't really helping. I think it would be ok if DD didn't want to nurse ALL the time.... she's not easily put off and will scream blue murder if I don't feed her. Lil booger!! Oh well, really hope the agitation doesn't last the whole way through! Ah lucky you having done the night weaning! Think we are going to start tomorrow.. wish me luck!!

Hi ladies!

Is it possible to get bf agitation and NOT be pregnant?? I feel so BAD for my poor lil man, he wants to nurse ALL THE TIME at night too, and I get SO angry with him :cry: I'm such a horrible mum :cry: I'm just so SICK of it! I don't mind the going-to-bed nurse, and I'd nurse him in the morning too (although he's less interested in that one) but through the night I just can't anymore! And I've NO CLUE how to go about stopping, b/c he OBVIOUSLY isn't at all ready to... :( :( *sigh*

I get it with Zack too sometimes I just have to turn my back to him and tell him to go to sleep,he usually grizzles for 4seconds a d then falls asleep. It's hard work feeding all night and having to lie the way he wants me to lie.

Well I'm out this month we haven't had a chance to bd as Zack is poorly and won't let me put him down :(

SwissMiss- I had this with my LO the month before my first (and only) PP AF. I think it was a combination of ovulation (hormones), and LO teething. Hope it gets better for you hun :hugs:

Thanks ladies :hugs:
I really feel awful about it but I swear sometimes I could throw him across the room!!! (I don't, of course :blush:) Other nights its not so bad, but I know those are the ones where he only wakes once or twice. I just cannot handle the constant suckling anymore :( :( Hope he will be ready to stop sooner rather than later! :roll:
xx

Well it looks like the end of our BFing journey for just now. My supply has dropped to minimal level (DS wee being very concentrated and not much of it unless I've managed to get water into him or given him a bottle) and he's stopped trying to feed, instead bites me and smiles. I am so upset. This baby was conceived a lot quicker than we expected and I feel really guilty that we've not even made it to a year. I hope that he'll want to feed again when baby is born and my milk has come in but at the moment I can't even dry nurse as he just bites me. I am so sad, I just keep crying.

fifi-folle - sorry to hear that. It must be so tough for you :hugs:

Swiss Miss - I totally understand your feelings (the throwing across the room urge is strong in me too!). It's a horrible thing to feel, but it's not your fault, so try not to feel bad. I hope it improves for you. I found keeping myself hydrated helped a bit, and weirdly, not using anything containing lavender essential oil.

To those who are already/have already tandem nursed, do you think nursing had an effect on when your baby was born? I'm noticing stronger contractions as I nurse now, and although I know preterm labour while nursing is unlikely, what about when you are due? I've had it in my head baby will be late, but maybe I should start getting a bit more prepared!

Well it looks like the end of our BFing journey for just now. My supply has dropped to minimal level (DS wee being very concentrated and not much of it unless I've managed to get water into him or given him a bottle) and he's stopped trying to feed, instead bites me and smiles. I am so upset. This baby was conceived a lot quicker than we expected and I feel really guilty that we've not even made it to a year. I hope that he'll want to feed again when baby is born and my milk has come in but at the moment I can't even dry nurse as he just bites me. I am so sad, I just keep crying.

My LO does this anyway and I'm not pregnant, so it might just be a 9-10 month phase and nothing to do with your pregnancy!

:hug:

4th cycle TTC for me and I've just got a BFN today :(
I know I shouldn't have tested before AF is due, but I felt so sure this was my month!

Oh well onto month 5.... booo lol

Thanks Dan-O, if it wasn't for his lack of wee I would persevere but there's definite supply issues :(

:hugs: fifi-folle!

I've come on here to pretty much ask that question... How many wet diapers should he have a day? I know there's milk, I can hear him gulping, but he has only had 2 diapers today (1 was his overnight one) and they weren't very wet, and it's already almost 6pm. Surely he should have gone more by now? Ever since I got my first AF (6 weeks ago) my ssupply seems to be less. I no longer get engorged over night like I used to (even when he sleeps 10-12 hours). I'm not sure what to do. Should I start downing lots of water (It's summer here and I probably should be drinking more)? What can I do to increase my supply until he's a year? Should he be getting more water? I have some milk in the freezer, maybe I should be giving him an extra 5 oz a day in a sippy? (are they supposed to get water now?) Arg, sorry for the million questions... Don't know if we should go to the ped or lactation consutlant, maybe LLL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->