TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Hi ladies!
It's been a while since I was last around but I had to share.

I got my first positive OPK 5 days ago and just took this PG test (far too early I know!) but after 5 mins this came up. It's extremely faint (may need to tilt your screens!) but as you can see someone tweaked for me and it's looking like a BFP. Will test again in a few days to confirm but yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
https://i48.tinypic.com/2web3n5.jpg

Tweak:
https://i47.tinypic.com/keulpv.jpg

o
785421oooh, I used those tests and thats exactly how my BFP started! xxxx*]'[=-
p

sorry, my DD had a tap on the keyboard! she's saying congratulations!

It is very faint.you can't even see the tweak?? I'm taking comfort in you being the only person that can't see it so far. Without that sounding rude! :p
I'm staying grounded. I know I tested very early AND its amazingly faint! We'll see in a few days :)

if you ladies have or are tandem feeding that means you at least breastfed during pregnancy so please i need some advice.

Everytime i change Eva's nappy i just about vomit all over her, any wee or poo smell sets me straight off. It's not as easy as telling hubby he has to do it either as he works all day.

:flower:Hello ladies can i join please?

Been breastfeeding my lo for a few months now and we both love it!
Hes just turned 5 months and were ready for another as we want babies close in age!!
Quick question for you tho- I had my first pp 10 weeks after i gave birth and had nothing since. I THINK i ovulated the week before last as i had a loads of EWCM for a few days, pinching pains in my left ovary (initially i thourght my period was coming until i saw the EWCM) VERY sore nipples was super painful nursing and a general heavyish feeling down there). I have'nt had that in a long while so was very noticable that something was going on. Anyway that week we had sex 5 times......I think i should be on my period now going by when i had the ovulation signs but i havent had anything.
Im still feeding on demand but he has dropped his night feeds and sleeps through I only nurse him a bit around 7am for 5 mins to settle him back to sleep.
I heard night feeding can delay ovualation further or something along those lines anyway?:wacko: is this true as im not sure?
Is there a chance i 'could' be pregnant considering ive only had one period since giving birth?
I havent had any pregnancy signs however in my last pregnancy i had no MS or pregnancy signs at all until i went off wine at 6weeks pregnant:haha:

sorry for a long post im just searching for some answers:flower: from some fellow breastfeeding/pregnant ladies
thankyou xxx

Welcome ezbabydust! I dunno about all of what you said, but I know for me I had ovulation signs for a couple of months before hand. At 6.5 months pp I had lots of ewcm. At 7.5 months again. At 8.5 months I finally got a ovulation test to read positive with all the ewcm and a temp change and it was such a weird ovulation! It felt like I was "full" in my uterus, very strange! But then I got my period at 9 months. And got pregnant at 9.5 months. I know you can get your period and then not. James had been having no night nursing since 3 months, so it took me a while for my body to go back to ovulating, even though all other signs pointed to it. Best of Luck!

I really can't say, but I'd suggest a pregnancy test this month then if it's not + get some ovulation tests and a bbt and start temping every morning. That's how we did it.

My question is this... All of a sudden DD wants to nurse ALL the time. She was happily nursing just morning and before bed. Now she is constantly pulling my shirt down and saying MMMMMM while nodding her head. (That would be her way of telling us when she likes something, so very cute!) I'm 21 weeks today, and have been feeling a definite fullness in my breasts the last few weeks. Also my nipples seem overly tender. Anyone else get a surge of demand from baby around this time? I'll check my adventures in tandem nursing tomorrow, but was wanting to see if anyone else had this going on too.

Jaymes Eva just started doing that just before falling pregnant, so it wasn't a pregnancy thing at all she just randomly fell in love with my boobs, she'd always fed but was never obsessed with them or anything then all of a sudden one day BANG obsessed.

Thankyou ladies ....yeah it looks like i will have to do a pregnancy test at some point this week.
Im SO hoping i ovulated even if im not pregnant as thats a good sign.
Was thinking about getting some Preseed and using that. Is Preseed as effective as i have heard? And does the Clearblue ovulation smiley test work better than the internet cheapies?

Spunky- i had that full feeling in my uterus when i think i ovulated i really thought my period as gna start as it felt so uncomfy and full....hoping thats a good sign anyway!!

James has been nursing tons, but not really admiring the boobs. I think he's finally back ed off a bit though, he was trying to nurse like 6-8 times a day for a week. Got SO frustrated (both of us)

ez - I would definitely do a test. The internet cheapie ovulation tests worked well for me because I didn't feel bad using one daily,or twice daily when I was getting ewcm! I think if I had had more expensive tests I would have used less. Weirdly enough the month I got my bfp I had 6 (SIX!!!) days in a row of positive ovulation tests! Got my positive pregnancy test just 5 days after my last positive ov test. Was super weird! Had only had up to 3 days of positive ovulation tests before. 6 was insane! Best of luck.

Hi I can't speak from the perspective of someone who has nursed through pregnancy but I can say that at around 14 months my DS stepped his nursing up again.
I don't know if maybe your milk had started to dry up with the pregnancy and now has changed to colostrum and is coming back and she's pleased to be getting something again so wanting as much as possible, or if maybe its just her normal developmental increase in nursing. I do know from posting on The Leaky Boob facebook page that quite a lot of little ones go through a similar increase in nursing around her age.

Thankyou ladies ....yeah it looks like i will have to do a pregnancy test at some point this week.
Im SO hoping i ovulated even if im not pregnant as thats a good sign.
Was thinking about getting some Preseed and using that. Is Preseed as effective as i have heard? And does the Clearblue ovulation smiley test work better than the internet cheapies?

Spunky- i had that full feeling in my uterus when i think i ovulated i really thought my period as gna start as it felt so uncomfy and full....hoping thats a good sign anyway!!

James has been nursing tons, but not really admiring the boobs. I think he's finally back ed off a bit though, he was trying to nurse like 6-8 times a day for a week. Got SO frustrated (both of us)

ez - I would definitely do a test. The internet cheapie ovulation tests worked well for me because I didn't feel bad using one daily,or twice daily when I was getting ewcm! I think if I had had more expensive tests I would have used less. Weirdly enough the month I got my bfp I had 6 (SIX!!!) days in a row of positive ovulation tests! Got my positive pregnancy test just 5 days after my last positive ov test. Was super weird! Had only had up to 3 days of positive ovulation tests before. 6 was insane! Best of luck.

Wow Spunky 6 days of positive ov tests is incredible!! that was deffo your month to catch the egg- congratulations on your pregnancy i wish you all the best:happydance:
Today i had a bit of spotting then nothing since so not sure if my period is trying to start up or if that could be implantation bleeding:wacko: So i think i was right that i deffo did ovulate:thumbup: yay improvement!!
completly too me by suprise when i went to the bathroom earlier lol. Anyway as i said ive had nothing since so will see if my period comes by the morning.
Otherwise will test on saturday morning!! ive resisted the urge to do so but i have none in the house anyway lol:haha:
And yeah if im not pregnant i think i will just get some internet ov cheapies like you did as i have no idea when i will next ovulate (hopefully after my period if it comes and not a long wait)
saves money that way and i can test till my hearts content lol!!

My supply seems to have increased a bit again in the past few days. I feel fuller and can hear ds actually swallowing. Anyone else experience this? I assumed once it was gone it was gone.

I keep forgetting to mention that in the past few weeks my ds has starting pumping my boobs when he nurses. Like he holds them in a c-shape and pumps. Does that make sense? Kinda hard to explain. :haha: Can this really help him get more milk?

Eva pumps my boobs but i don't think it's helping she has such a little grip and she is barely putting any pressure on it, but when she does it i usually pump it for her a bit firmer :)

if you ladies have or are tandem feeding that means you at least breastfed during pregnancy so please i need some advice.

Everytime i change Eva's nappy i just about vomit all over her, any wee or poo smell sets me straight off. It's not as easy as telling hubby he has to do it either as he works all day.

I am the exact same way. Even a pee diaper smells icky to me and sends me into dry heaves. I have to hold my breath to change the poo diapers. There's been times I barely get her clean diaper back on before sprinting off to the bathroom.

I am the exact same way. Even a pee diaper smells icky to me and sends me into dry heaves. I have to hold my breath to change the poo diapers. There's been times I barely get her clean diaper back on before sprinting off to the bathroom.

If i purse my lips into like the duck pout I can practically cover my nostrils with my upper lip, the tiniest bit of air get's through and is enough to breath but virtually no smell get's through.

It's an interesting sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->