TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Quick question x can bf affect periods? My af returned when Zack was 11 months and have been regular up until last month when it arrived a week early and this month now I'm a day late and with no sign of her showing just yet

Yes, it can. I've noticed if Alex feeds a bit more than usual than my cycles are longer. :)

Oh that's good to know,wish that wasn't the case though :( I havent noticed a change in how much he feeds but he could be feeding extra in the night and I'm not waking

As for me I take a prenatal, a coq10, a fish oil, a B complex, calcium, and iron (I'm chronically anemic...). It seems to be fine, but my baby only nurses twice a day now. First bing in the morning, and just before she goes to bed. I also get my vitamin levels checked pretty often, my DH worries for the babies and me. I seem to be doing ok with that combo.

poor Eva, my boobs are so empty.

She get's so excited at night when she thinks it's her night time feed and she runs over climbs on me latches on sucks for about 30 seconds then spit it out and looks at me as if to say "But mum... where's all the milk" then she latches on and off for the next 5 minutes because she really wants to feed but there's just nothing coming out. God love her, she even tries to massage some out while feeding. Her new favorite game is putting her toes in my mouth while she's breast feedig :-/ even though i yell at her and say "NO!" she just laughs and tries to wiggle her toes into my mouth *sigh*

I feel for you Betheney! I still have some milk, but he's so not satisfied! He's trying to feed like 8 times a day now (instead of 4!) He also tries to mess with my boobs to get more milk out! I used to have a problem with him putting his hands in my mouth, but we kinda broke that habit and now he's back trying to put his hands in my mouth! It makes feeds so frustrating for both of us!!

I've heard of breastfeeding aversion, but is anyone having a husband aversion?! I'm just all touched out!! James has been so needy all over me lately and whinning (wondering if his molars are trying to come in) and trying to feed all the time, plus my tummy is getting bigger and I'm tired and aware I'm growing a person. Having a third person touch me (hug, hold hands, anything!!) is driving me CRAZY! How do I not have THESE feelings?

Haha! At first I thought James was your DH! Mine (DH) is also all over me and I (not so jokingly) have told him that if he didn't want to touch me at all till after the baby, I'd be ok with that! I feel bad, and I do love him, but I also feel all touched out ATM.

To be fair to you ladies I didn't want touching at in my 2nd pregnancy and that was with out a small person wanting to nurse all the time LOL

Well this does make ME feel better, but probably not my husband.

My first pregnancy was like that. But this pregnancy I can't get enough!!!

When does the milk change to colostrum? I think mine has already.

Hey
I'm 4.5 weeks along now and boy does feeding hurt! My nipples feel like their on fire when I'm feeding! My friend is a bit further along than me and says it gets better, I hope thats true!
xxx

I've got really sore nips too and I find I really don't enjoy doing some feeds. She only feeds twice a day anyway and I do want to wean in the next few months so I'm going to see how things go. :flower:

i posted about the sore nips a couple of weeks back, it's better already!

You are lucky B. The pain is getting worse here but I think it is because I am producing so little that he is mostly comfort sucking and his latch is also very shallow now which hurts too. I'm sad about it :cry: I feel like it's all my fault.

You are lucky B. The pain is getting worse here but I think it is because I am producing so little that he is mostly comfort sucking and his latch is also very shallow now which hurts too. I'm sad about it :cry: I feel like it's all my fault.

i feel the same sometimes, now that i have next to no milk i wouldn't be surprised if we stopped breastfeeding now, and while i'm not way sad by the length of our journey or anything i feel that my daughter was technically forced to stop because of my own selfish desires to have another child, i feel terrible about it. Poor Eva bug.

My nipples are sore but it's because there's no milk she's latching on and off continually and when she's latching off she's pulling them around. So i have sore nips but i think it's a result of that i don't think they're sore like they were a couple of weeks ago when it was more a hormonal thing.

i feel the same sometimes, now that i have next to no milk i wouldn't be surprised if we stopped breastfeeding now, and while i'm not way sad by the length of our journey or anything i feel that my daughter was technically forced to stop because of my own selfish desires to have another child, i feel terrible about it.

My nipples didn't used to hurt much, but now they do. It makes me sad too. I too feel somewhat guilty about losing my milk and the James not being as happy BF. But really my goal was to BF for 6 months, until I found out they needed it till a year, then my goal was a year. I have now reached that, and am not quite ready to stop, I hope that he's ready when it happens though. I dunno.

i feel the same sometimes, now that i have next to no milk i wouldn't be surprised if we stopped breastfeeding now, and while i'm not way sad by the length of our journey or anything i feel that my daughter was technically forced to stop because of my own selfish desires to have another child, i feel terrible about it.

My nipples didn't used to hurt much, but now they do. It makes me sad too. I too feel somewhat guilty about losing my milk and the James not being as happy BF. But really my goal was to BF for 6 months, until I found out they needed it till a year, then my goal was a year. I have now reached that, and am not quite ready to stop, I hope that he's ready when it happens though. I dunno.

I'm the same - my original target was 6 months and it soon became a year once everything was going well and I realised a year meant no formula. She already has a bit of moo milk on some of the days when I'm at work and I'm going to stop waking her up for a feed before I leave for work.
I don't think my supply is affected yet, though that may change if I drop morning feeds as she'll be down to one feed a day. My nipples are getting increasingly sore though and I think that's hormonal as they feel like last time, just a few weeks later. I makes me take a sharp intake of breath when she latches on. :wacko:

Well ladies I have had another 6 day LP. AF just arrived. Now that I have confirmed last month wasnt just a one off and that its likely all this time, before I started charting, I have had a 6 day LP, I am going to start the B6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->