TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Hey :)
Re: Preseed: seems like it's been really good for us breastfeeding mummies!! We used it this month, followed the instructions on the packet and I got the faintest of faint lines today at 10dpo. I'm still calling it an evap, but hoping it's a BFP!
If we are preggy I'll be joining you ladies as I'd like to keep BFing my 18month old for as long as she wants to carry on.
xxxxx

:yipee: We're still on hold until after holidays, but we did have a little fun the other day :blush: :haha:

Hey ladies,
Fingers crossed for those of you waiting for your bfp's!
Anyone who has fed whilst pregnant, did you get breastfeeding aversion again in the last few weeks? My lo seems to want to feed all the time at the moment and my nipples are tender again and i cant wait to get her off me :(
xx

I'm only 19 weeks and I seem to have gotten it a few times now... Currently it feels like DD is pulling needles through as she nurses for the first few minutes. I suppose that's normal right?

Right, mini panic here, last month I had an LP of 6 days. It was my 1st month of checking my cervical position and it was SHOW at the time of having other O symptoms and then a day or so after dropped down to FLC. Then AF arrived far too early. This started me worrying a bit that maybe my LP has been too short to concieve all these months. I have been doing opks on and off so sometimes missing O and sometimes getting a +opk but as they just detect the surge and I may not have actually O'd then and gone on to O at a later date I can't say what length it was for sure until last month.
I have temping and opk'ing and charting my cm and cp and everything this month and appear to be O'ing a little later again (last month was CD19, this month I'm on CD18 and having some confusing signs, but MAY be O'ing around now) and hoping that was a one off last month but I have been reading online that breastfeeding CAN affect your LP! Breastfeeding MIGHT be making me have too short an LP to conceive!
Now I've seen that B6 or raspberry leaf tea can help lengthen the LP, can I take these while breastfeeding? I actually have some raspberry leaf tea thats still in date until december in my cupboard from the end of my last pregnancy, but thought it was a end of pregnancy only thing.
I am going to see what happens this cycle.

JUst an update from me: :bfp: this morning!!
Early days still!
Planning on continuing to breastfeed as long as LO wants too. I've heard Toddlers are good for clearing blocked ducts!! :)

Congrats on the :bfp: !!! :happydance:

I think raspberry tea is ok while TTC, just ask your doctor. Green tea has helped a number of women I know on this forum. I take a daily b complex and I love it!

My baby is 6 weeks old and I have resumed sexual relations without birth control so I am NTNP. I continue to take my prenatal vitamins and I breastfeed exclusively. I am not trying to get pregnant but I'm not trying to prevent pregnancy, leaving it up to fate in other words. Should I be taking an extra folic acid supplement on top of what's in my prenatal vitamin just to make sure? Because my nursling may be getting some and I just want to make sure that a potential fetus would get enough as well (we've all read how important folic acid is in regards to preventing birth defects). How much should I be taking?

Congrats on the pregnancy iow_bird! Your first child in your photo is super cute too!

Thank you Jaymes, was worried I'd be faced with the difficult decision whether or not to wean to achieve pregnancy. I will double check and then maybe start a b complex and drinking the teas. Can you take b complex on top of pregnancy/breastfeeding multi-vits of would it be a one or the other? I stopped taking the multi-vit a while back as his older nw and we both have a good diet but was just taking folic acid but wondering if I should switch back to the multi-vit and dont want to over do the B vits (I don't know if you can or not but want to be safe lol)

Been doing a little research today and have ordered some B6 and a prenatal vit. The prenatal has 10mg of B6 in anyway and the B6 tablets are 10mg each (I ordered them with my shopping from asda and they didnt have any higher, the B complex they had only had 2mg in) apparently 50-100mg is best so going to start on 50, which means 4 B tablets and the prenatal! but I'm too impatient to wait lol and then if I carry on I'll just get a higher dosage tablet so I don't have to swallow as many LOL

I started on a B complex in the new year, before my cycles even returned, and my LP was at least 12-13 days. I've been on 100mg but plan to start reducing it over the next few weeks. I've already halved the B complex and added in a 50mg B6 tab. :flower:

Congratulations iow_bird! :happydance:

i take B6 for morning sickness. lol. Seems like a very versatile little vitamin.

Congrats on the BFP iow_bird!

As for supplements I don't know. I take my normal pre-natal. My teeth have started to look weird the last couple of weeks so I'm trying to be better about my calcium and started eating a calcium chew. Otherwise I take a probiotic pill for my IBS and a prenatal and if I'm feeling well lots of Omega 3s. I was going to start taking more B vitamins for Morning Sickness, but luckily it went away.

My baby is 6 weeks old and I have resumed sexual relations without birth control so I am NTNP. I continue to take my prenatal vitamins and I breastfeed exclusively. I am not trying to get pregnant but I'm not trying to prevent pregnancy, leaving it up to fate in other words. Should I be taking an extra folic acid supplement on top of what's in my prenatal vitamin just to make sure? Because my nursling may be getting some and I just want to make sure that a potential fetus would get enough as well (we've all read how important folic acid is in regards to preventing birth defects). How much should I be taking?

Yes, I would go ahead and take folic acid just in case. If it's not in your prenatal vitamin, then use a supplement. If it's already in there, you won't need extra as you would calcium and some other vitamins. The recommended daily dosage is 400 micrograms.

So I assumed my boobs weren't going to change at all during this pregnancy and boy was I wrong. When she nurses, it's like someone is pinching my nipples and trying to give me purple nurples. And now my nipples are huge so I have to wear a padded bra or else I look like I'm staring everyone down with my chest lol O . O

Yes, I would go ahead and take folic acid just in case. If it's not in your prenatal vitamin, then use a supplement. If it's already in there, you won't need extra as you would calcium and some other vitamins. The recommended daily dosage is 400 micrograms.

My prenatal vitamin has 1000 micrograms. That's enough for my nursing baby and for a potential fetus? I am not pregnant, not trying to conceive either, but just leaving it up to chance (not trying not preventing just not using birth control). I just take my prenatal vitamin and nothing else. Should I start to take any extra calcium? If so how much?

Quick question x can bf affect periods? My af returned when Zack was 11 months and have been regular up until last month when it arrived a week early and this month now I'm a day late and with no sign of her showing just yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->