TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Out of curiosity - - because nipple stimulation can help to get labour going when you are full term can nursing when you are full term cause labour to get going or are you just as likely to go over due as anyone else?

Out of curiosity - - because nipple stimulation can help to get labour going when you are full term can nursing when you are full term cause labour to get going or are you just as likely to go over due as anyone else?

I have never felt like nipple stim did anything for me until I was already in labor (an it had to be very ACTIVE labor). I have a pretty active uterus (can feel early BH and stuff) but I have never gone before my EDD, even while tandem nursing during pregnancy. It would likely be a very different story if I had a PTL history or something similar, though.

:hugs: B! I totally understand and if K decided he was done I would be very sad too. All I can suggest is to keep offering now and again and if she takes great :thumbup: but if she decides she is done give yourself a big pat on your back for going for so long and giving your baby the best food for her! Also take comfort in knowing that she chose when to end the nursing relationship. She was not forced into it. Soon you will have a brand new nursling and Eva will probably nurse her dollies beside you! :hugs:

I squeezed last night and couldn't even get a full drop (did cause myself some pain though). So it's just dry as dry as dry. I do offer it to her every night and she get's excited and runs up but she puts her mouth on my nipple and then takes her mouth off, she doesn't even try to suck or draw anything out. Once she's done one each of these weird kisses on each nipple she wanders off happy, or she hangs around giggling playing with my nipples with her hands. But it usually tickles and feels awkward so i don't let her do that really.

I've always said because i don't really mind if we tandem feed or not and because i don't care what happens i'll just let Eva lead the way and whatever she wants goes. Hubby keeps telling me i can't feed two at once and i keep saying "as long as Eva wants it she can have it" so you're right. This was my philosophy all along... Eva leading the way. I always thought i'd make 2 years though... but 21 months aint far off i guess... I just can't help but feel that it's not a true self weaning because she was forced to wean because of my milk during a pregnancy. YKWIM?

I'm also curious about the fenugreek. I bought some More Milk capsules and they say not intended for pregnancy. I was really hoping to use it to keep by supply up, but when reading up on Internet, kellymom etc. it seems like everyone is being over cautious. Of course, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my pregnancy but I really to want my nine month old to be able to nurse throughout the pregnancy. Anyone have any experience keeping their supply up or at least not losing it entirely? And when did you notice a drop in supply?

Recently I felt that my milk supply took a bit of a dive. LO seemed hungrier for my milk despite eating solids like a trooper and began waking starving for a night feed. As my period had recently returned I assumed this was the cause and started taking fenugreek. After a few week I feel I am back to having a decent supply again for my LO, but have just discovered that I'm preg!! Can I continue the fenugreek? Could the fenugreek I have already taken be damaging?
This is a crazy surprise pregnancy, seeing as I am breastfeeding AND on the pill! What about the pills I have taken, could they be damaging?

I'm also curious about the fenugreek. I bought some More Milk capsules and they say not intended for pregnancy. I was really hoping to use it to keep by supply up, but when reading up on Internet, kellymom etc. it seems like everyone is being over cautious. Of course, I wouldn't want to jeopardize my pregnancy but I really to want my nine month old to be able to nurse throughout the pregnancy. Anyone have any experience keeping their supply up or at least not losing it entirely? And when did you notice a drop in supply?

Thanks for bringing this back up, I am still wondering about the fenugreek. I don't want to loose my supply as my 7.5 month old still needs it so much. I had a drop immediately after implantation before I found out i was pg and started taking the fenugreek I feel likemy supply has gotten better again. I don't want to keep taking them if they are harmful but also want to maintain my supply. Everything I have read says excess can cause uterine contractions. atm I am just taking a couple of capsules a day. I don't really know what to do.

Have you tried More Milk TWO? It is supposed to be safe for pregnancy.

I would definitely keep up on fluids and eat lots of oatmeal. :) Even just one oatmeal cookie seems to make me leak all over the place within hours. LOL

I currently feed them together with the baby in cradle hold and the toddler sat next to me.

This. Or with baby lying next to me, and toddler leaning over my side in bed. Arthur's a pretty laid back baby anyway though, so doesn't cry much. If he does fuss, I just apologise to Alice, and ask her to wait. If that happens, I usually say to Arthur (for Alice's benefit!) 'You sit there for a bit now please. It's Alice's turn.' so she feels she's not the only one who has to wait!

Hello. Just subbing rly as we're hoping to ttc in a few months. AF still nowhere to be seen so thinking about trying agnus castus. I had pcos but have lost weight since needing clomid last time so here's hoping!

ozzi did you test!?

welcome cranberry :D, hope AF returns asap unless you catch the eggy 1st!

Up until this morning my nipples have been pretty much fine. I mean I could 'feel' them while LO was nursing, whereas before I was pg i didn't feel them, but this morning he pulled off and OUCHY! Yup definitely more sensitive! Also my supply seems to have picked up a bit more after taking a dip. My boobs are feeling fuller in the morning again, but I'm going to start eating porridge for breakfast from this morning and looking for a oatmeal cookie recipe. I hope my LO can keep on feeding at least until he is 1. I really hope I don't dry up :(

[QUOTE

Have you tried More Milk TWO? It is supposed to be safe for pregnancy.

I would definitely keep up on fluids and eat lots of oatmeal. :) Even just one oatmeal cookie seems to make me leak all over the place within hours. LOL[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll have to look up the More Milk Two. Do you know what's in it? I've been trying to eat oats once a day. I hope it's helping. I can't really tell as I've never had the leaking problem. Breasts haven't felt full in a while.

I just finished baking some oatmeal cookies and I bought some oats for my breakfasts. Does it matter is it is just the instant type? I am hoping to see a bit of an improvement. I am fuller in the morning but I can definitely notice that there has been a dip, I hope it is coming back now.

Hi ladies, I was just wondering is it possible for milk supply to decrease as little as 10weeks into pregnancy??

and what would be the signs of my milk supply dropping?

I just finished baking some oatmeal cookies and I bought some oats for my breakfasts. Does it matter is it is just the instant type? I am hoping to see a bit of an improvement. I am fuller in the morning but I can definitely notice that there has been a dip, I hope it is coming back now.

I've read that you don't want the instant kind because of the way it's processed it takes away the good bits that help with milk. The best kind to get are steal cut oats. VERY yummy but take like 20 mins to make :(

Hi ladies, I was just wondering is it possible for milk supply to decrease as little as 10weeks into pregnancy??

Definitely possible. :( I have a friend who loses her milk almost instantly. I'm not sure about the signs, I've never completely dried up during any of my pregnancies. I imagine you'd mostly notice through your nursling, though...whether or not they were satisfied with what they were getting, etc.

Definitely possible. :( I have a friend who loses her milk almost instantly. I'm not sure about the signs, I've never completely dried up during any of my pregnancies. I imagine you'd mostly notice through your nursling, though...whether or not they were satisfied with what they were getting, etc.

Yep mine started decreasing pretty early. Eva constantly unlatched and relatched out of annoyance. She would also swap books frequently to try and find some more milk. But the biggest indicator was having a good squeeze and not even being able to get a drop but that didn't happen until 20weeks. Now some days she decides she wants to nurse empty boobs (today) and some days she doesn't. I figure if she does this every few days she's not going to forget how to latch and might decide to pick it up later.

Thanks,Zack has always been a boob swapper but now he swaps every other min.if I don't swap he gets really angry.this is Moreso at night rather than in the day.

When I squeeze I can get quite a bit of milk out but not as much as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->