TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

My son has been doing the most squidgey disgusting poos in the past week, pooing up to 7 times a day, also I can't squeeze more than a teeny drop out of my right and nothing on my left but he is definitely swallowing something when he feeds so I think my milk has gone to colostrum already although of course this may go and come back at some point later on. It's not unusual for me even with my eldest in that pregnancy my colostrum appeared at around 16 weeks xx

That sounds very similar to what happened with us. I have no idea what I'm producing at the moment, but he's asked for more feeds and his nappies are still wet since having this sickness bug, so he's clearly getting something from me.

Ugh it's pretty gross at the moment and I'm getting through loads of nappies also dealing with stained vests and clothes again. Before he was prone to constipation. He also has very wet nappies so he's getting something but I can't squeeze a drop out now xx

My son has been doing the most squidgey disgusting poos in the past week, pooing up to 7 times a day, also I can't squeeze more than a teeny drop out of my right and nothing on my left but he is definitely swallowing something when he feeds so I think my milk has gone to colostrum already although of course this may go and come back at some point later on. It's not unusual for me even with my eldest in that pregnancy my colostrum appeared at around 16 weeks xx

That sounds very similar to what happened with us. I have no idea what I'm producing at the moment, but he's asked for more feeds and his nappies are still wet since having this sickness bug, so he's clearly getting something from me.

Ugh it's pretty gross at the moment and I'm getting through loads of nappies also dealing with stained vests and clothes again. Before he was prone to constipation. He also has very wet nappies so he's getting something but I can't squeeze a drop out now xx

This is very reassuring to read as I thought I had lost my milk completely as I can't squeeze anything out either.....but I keep thinking that LO is swallowing and her nappies are always soaking (although she does also drink a lot of water). So maybe she is still getting something? Either way she still seems happy to feed! Although, ouch! It's really painful at the moment!

Well I guess my milk has changed to colostrum now,zacks nappies are VILE ad his poor bum is not used to all this it's all sore and red.

Hi!
I am NTNP baby No.4. :happydance: I'm still BF but weaning and introducing a bottle of formula at bed time to see if I can get my cycles back. Any tips greatly received! We dont want to being actually TTC because it got too stressful with Saskia, but that might change xxx

Hi,

I have no idea if this has already been asked. I'm sorry if it has.

We are currently ntnp and have been pretty much since Astrid was a month old which sounds a bit nuts but my DH is much older than me and I have fairly serious endometriosis. I was told I was unlikely to conceive after 30. It took a long time and Clomid to get Astrid so I'm keen to try and make use for my pp super fertility!

My periods returned at 6 months and I've had two at the point I would expect them.

But, I really wanted to feed Astrid until she self weaned and I don't know how to square but TTC and feeding. I had thought that soy might help but I've read that you shouldn't take it and bf so I'm wondering if any of you might have any advice?

X

Hello, my name is Zoe and I'm from Greece.

My son is almost 14 months old and we're breastfeeding. We're also TTC #2(4 months). My period returned when my son was 7 months old, very irregular at first but much better now. I went to my doctor and he told me that everything looks fine but it's very hard to conceive when you're breastfeeding.

I just wanted to ask you lovely ladies, how long did it take you to get pregnant and how old where your little ones.

Thank you in advance :)

It took about 9months to concieve DS2 and DS1 was about 15 months old.

DS2 is 4 days old and so far tandem nursing is going well. DS1 has been pooing a lot more though and got a sore bum very quickly which i'm assuming is from the change in milk.

It took us 5 months of ntnp once my cycles returned. DD was 9 months old when we conceived. As an aside, she took over two years of trying so we were quite pleased #2 was so quick!

Oh that was with DD feeding 1-2 hourly most nights even!

Oh and Congrats cookie!

It took us 3 months to conceive whilst bf I also had irregular periods.
Ds2 was just under 2 and used to feed through the night (a lot) and used to feed up to 15-20x in the day sometimes only for a few seconds other times for a good while

It took 5 months after my period returned at 19 months to get pregnant. Arthur was conceived on Alice's 2nd birthday (tmi? :haha:)

good luck!

Hi ladies I need some advice here. I had a miscarriage before my first born and den now I'm pregnant again while still breastfeeding him. He's allergic to cows milk and I really don't want to Stop breastfeeding. I haven't seen a gynae but want to be sure that it is safe and alight for me to continue breastfeeding coz some gynaes may disapprove. What is your take? Thanks in advance:)

Of course it's safe to continue to breastfeed while pregnant. :) I highly recommend the book linked in the first post, Adventures in Tandem Nursing. There are a lot of answers to see types of questions.

By the way, shhhhhhh, but we are ttc again!

Hi ladies I need some advice here. I had a miscarriage before my first born and den now I'm pregnant again while still breastfeeding him. He's allergic to cows milk and I really don't want to Stop breastfeeding. I haven't seen a gynae but want to be sure that it is safe and alight for me to continue breastfeeding coz some gynaes may disapprove. What is your take? Thanks in advance:)

There's some good research here that might help set your mind at rest. :thumbup:

Took 3 cycles to conceive my son (our first) and took 3 months to conceive my daughter (still pregnant) HOWEVER with her my periods hadn't returned yet. We started ntnp when he was 6/7 months old. I got my first period when he was 9 months I think and that was the month I got pregnant! So really, for her I only had 1 cycle.

I did BF until 16 weeks pregnant when my son quit (he was 13 months old). I had no problems related to BFing and pregnancy (except that my nipples were more sore! And it caused more nausea, but no problems with baby or myself).

Vonz-I am living proof you can continue to b'feed throughout pregnancy and beyond (still tandem feeding now 5 months after birth :) ) You may have sore nipples and possibly some breastfeeding aversion but you can do it. Congratulations! xx

congrats cookie on your new baby! :D

hope its not long before you get preggo ozzies :hugs:

Hope you fall pregnant soon Ozzie! How exciting :)!

Oooh good luck Ozzi! My hubby was the same. This bump was the results of a sympathy shag. :haha: I had a positive OPK so tried it on with hubby and he was 'too tired'. He tried it on the next morning because he felt bad and, hey presto, that one time worked! :blush:

We conceived in April on my 3rd cycle after AF returned so I had 2 AF's. We'd been NTNP (but using OPKs) since the new year. My cycles were great when they returned (apart from the one I conceived in as I had a chest infection so delayed ov) though Meg was only feeding twice a day. We stopped when she was 13 months as my supply had vanished and my nips were sore. She didn't seem bothered at all. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->