TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Have you tried vitamins? My husband went on a lot of fertility boosting vitamins and I took some too and we got pregnant 2 months after starting after trying for a while with my first. May be worth a google.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can we take folic acid while BF? I heard its toxic to young children, which is why I ask :/

I'm sure it's been asked before, but can we take folic acid while BF? I heard its toxic to young children, which is why I ask :/

Never heard this! I've been taking folic acid through my pregnancy while I am still BF.......

Yes, it's toxic for young children, which is why it's important (as with all meds) that you don't let them near your pills. Bit sCary TBH... I assume the body filters it though if you take it through pregnancy but it doesn't harm the baby. I assume its the same with breast milkman this instance...

I've not heard that before either. I assume it would have to be a bigger dose for it to be toxic as the recommended amount while pregnant is the amount of folate we should naturally be getting from our diets in a perfect world where everyone eats fresh, healthy foods so therefore children would also be consuming that much folate.

Yeah I just Googler and it seems its only a suspected problem (in general, couldn't see anything about children specifically other than that they require up to 300mcg daily) if there's a sustained dose of more than 1000mcg daily in the long term. Which is why only pregnant women at risk of neural tube defects are prescribed high doses of folic acid cause in those cases the benefits outweigh the risk.

Can you assume you are ovulating if af has returned? Got mine back yest and been having ewcm for past 3-4 weeks .

Can you assume you are ovulating if af has returned? Got mine back yest and been having ewcm for past 3-4 weeks .

Not exactly. The first one is sometimes anovulatory. I found that although I did ovulate, I had a very short luteal phase for the first 5 cycles. It can take some time to get back into the swing of it. On the other hand, some people are straight back to normal.

Hi ladies! I have read through quite a few pages but there's a lot that I haven't read so apologies if this has been asked already!

I'm just wondering when people's periods/ fertility came back while/ after breastfeeding? I know everyone is different but wanted to see what it's been like for others anyway!

I really want babies close in age but I'm wondering whether that will work out while I'm breastfeeding! Little man still feeds every 2-3 hours day and night lol!

My LO is barely 7 months and I'm 11 weeks pregnant. My period came back and LO still ate all the time and we hadn't started solids.

My fertility didn't return until LO was sleeping through the night, I was back at work and she was down to 3 feeds a day.

Not exactly. The first one is sometimes anovulatory. I found that although I did ovulate, I had a very short luteal phase for the first 5 cycles. It can take some time to get back into the swing of it. On the other hand, some people are straight back to normal.

How do you know if your luteal phase is short? Does this mean you can't conceive as lining is shed too soon or smth? How did you know your first one was anovulatory, did you use opks? I might try them this month just out of curiosity. I'm ready for another long TTC journey though as dd took 2.5 years......

Hi ladies! I have read through quite a few pages but there's a lot that I haven't read so apologies if this has been asked already!

I'm just wondering when people's periods/ fertility came back while/ after breastfeeding? I know everyone is different but wanted to see what it's been like for others anyway!

I really want babies close in age but I'm wondering whether that will work out while I'm breastfeeding! Little man still feeds every 2-3 hours day and night lol!

Mine came back when my daughter was 6 months old, and were regular straight away - and she was feeding all through the night then too! Seems like it's different for everyone....

Around 4 months Rachel. DD was feeding 2-4 hourly round the clock (on demand) and not on solids.

So I think my supply has either dropped or my milk has changed back to colostrum as DD is not taking it well :( for months she's been content to just nurse before naps and bed, and then has 2+ feeds throughout the night. Rarely would she ask for another feed in the day outside of naps. This was due to a prolonged biting phase which lasted 4-5 months as she was less likely to bite when lying down and sleepy. Thankfully stopped at 11 months though she started again a few weeks ago which only lasted a week or two with just the occasional bite now.

Anyway... this last week she's started clawing at my chest and demanding milk constantly throughout the day but then when I offer it she pushes me away and screams but then claws at me again and again. She sometimes gets so worked up that I have to just leave her with dh or my parents for a short time and leave her sight and then she's immediately fine. She still nurses all night long - like perma latched from 2:30-6am when she gets up and she frequently swallows.

I know its not her fault if she's acting like this due to not liking the taste or whatever, but its getting really frustrating as I can't go out without her making a scene screaming and tearing my shirt off but then not feeding. Does anyone who has been in a similar position have any advice to offer or suggestions to make this easier on both of us?

How do you know if your luteal phase is short? Does this mean you can't conceive as lining is shed too soon or smth? How did you know your first one was anovulatory, did you use opks? I might try them this month just out of curiosity. I'm ready for another long TTC journey though as dd took 2.5 years......

Yep, OPKs were how I tracked my cycle. Even though I had longer than usual cycles (around 40 days), I would get EWCM and a positive OPK late on in the cycle. My first luteal phase was only 5 days. It increased month on month until 5 months after my first PP AF, I conceived. You might be surprised though. Even if you took a while to get pregnant first time, a lot of people seem to find it happens sooner next time. Fingers crossed for you!

Hmmm well I guess I will really have to just wait and see... And tell myself that it'll happen when it's meant to! I read somewhere that the average time for fertility to return is 14 months pp, I don't wanna wait that long!! It's interesting to hear about the change in milk/ baby's feeding while pregnant - I hadn't really thought about that, it sounds very frustrating NDH...

My period come back around 6months after my first was born but it took us until he was about 16months to concieve our 2nd son.

Hi ladies, sorry if this has already been asked. I was wondering if the moms on here who breastfed while pregnant have had pain throughout the entire pregnancy. I know nipples are tender first trimester. I'm now 15 weeks and still nursing my 19 month old. But the pain is still so strong. Just wondering if this eased up for any of you. or did it stay the same or get worse? Thanks!

I'm still a little more tender than I was pre-pregnancy. It doesn't help that DS's latch has been worse while he's been teething. I've started putting coconut oil on my nipples, which has helped a little bit. I think it's mostly pregnancy related, though, so I've just had to grit my teeth through it some days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->