TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I have a huge stash if I can just survive nursing a bit longer ill have enough to finish out the first year in the deep freeze.

Only 5 weeks along...but definitely getting 'the ouchies' when nursing my son!

So Coen only had 3 good wet diapers today. I'm getting concerned. I gave him an extra bottle from my freezer stash tonight and I was so hoping not to have to do this yet. He usually has a little more than 3 though so maybe it was a fluke. Could he just be holding it longer? He won't really drink much water out of the sippy cup he just plays with it and def not out of a bottle. What do I do? Should I just accept I'm probably gonna have to give formula later on.

We are NTNP at the mo as LO took a few years to conceive; just started LO on purees (1 or 2 portions per day) for about 4 weeks now. She is sleeping 8 hours through the night without feeding now and I have noticed what looks like ewcm every day for past few weeks- is this my body getting ready for AF to return do you think? Is this a sign of fertility?
Sorry if anything similar has already been asked!!

Hiya! My names Zara! Ive been here a while (almost 5 years!) but havent been very active in recent years, mainly due to having 3 boys to look after!! anyway, I'm BFing jacob (Almost 1) and just got my first period, we've been relying on natural child spacing methods so i guess now we're offically TTC?

Hello everyone, I've just found out I'm pregnant and I'm still pumping for my daughter. I've read a bit of information about breastfeeding while pregnant but is it the same when you're expressing for them? Anything I should know?

hi ladies :)
Zara how do you find it with all 3 so close together? I would love to do natural spacing but I dont think OH would be agreeable.

Has anyone in here breastfed while pregnant with a history of miscarriages? I just got a super faint positive today and am a little nervous. I had 3 miscarriages prior to DD and was on progesterone the 1st tri with DD. I've read conflicting info about bf while pregnant with a history of MCs. Just got back from dr, got my labs done to see where my hcg levels are. The nurse said she'd talk to dr about bf and progesterone, but in the meantime I'm just worrying, lol.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation?

I had two miscarriages but my issue was not low progesterone.

Feeling frustration with TTC because I'm getting clear signs of ovulation (ewcm and cramps) but haven't been able to catch the egg and been at it for 6 months. I'm looking to wean probably in the next month...little sad about it but wondering now if its the only way I'll fall pregnant. My cycle is so unpredictable (32 days, 31 days, 28 days) and I don't know exactly when I ovulate and LO doesn't sttn still so I can't temp. I don't want to push her to wean if she's not ready but feeling like its the only way I'll get pregnant.

Feeling frustration with TTC because I'm getting clear signs of ovulation (ewcm and cramps) but haven't been able to catch the egg and been at it for 6 months. I'm looking to wean probably in the next month...little sad about it but wondering now if its the only way I'll fall pregnant. My cycle is so unpredictable (32 days, 31 days, 28 days) and I don't know exactly when I ovulate and LO doesn't sttn still so I can't temp. I don't want to push her to wean if she's not ready but feeling like its the only way I'll get pregnant.

Could you just have more sex? (Easier said than done sometimes, I know!)

Could you just night wean? My son is 7 months and my dr suggested I night wean him and it was literally the easiest thing ever. He went right back to sleep when we turned in his soother and now he sttn again.

Could you just night wean? My son is 7 months and my dr suggested I night wean him and it was literally the easiest thing ever. He went right back to sleep when we turned in his soother and now he sttn again.

More sex...probably...we DTD every other day around my supposed fertile time...but we'll have to amp it up this cycle I guess. I'm just so damn tired lol

Night wean...I'm just scared lol I don't know how to soothe her back to sleep at night without nursing. I could try. Last night I had a "talk" with her before bed and said if she slept all the way through she could have milk in the morning when we got up...and weirdly enough...she sttn lol I think it was a fluke though. :shrug: Anyways...I suppose I could just do that and see if it helps. I'm just worried nursing in general is keeping me from getting pregnant.

I think if you cut out those night feedings it might help. I don't think nursing in general would stop fertility completely if you're getting periods. All we did (my son is only 7 months though) is to in his room and turn his tranquil turtle on and this little lamb we have that has a recording of my husband and I singing on it. He cries for 30 seconds and use to whine for maybe a minute. Now he doesn't even whine. Cries for 30 seconds, then Back to sleep.. It was so easy and I'm kicking myself for not trying sooner. I was scared too I thought if we ever tried we would be up all night. But I can appreciate that it may not be that easy for every baby.

More sex...probably...we DTD every other day around my supposed fertile time...but we'll have to amp it up this cycle I guess. I'm just so damn tired lol

Night wean...I'm just scared lol I don't know how to soothe her back to sleep at night without nursing. I could try. Last night I had a "talk" with her before bed and said if she slept all the way through she could have milk in the morning when we got up...and weirdly enough...she sttn lol I think it was a fluke though. :shrug: Anyways...I suppose I could just do that and see if it helps. I'm just worried nursing in general is keeping me from getting pregnant.

I would try OPKs before night weaning. :) I wouldn't want to take away my son's comfort at night unless I knew it was what was preventing ovulation :flower:

Some babies need night feeds until a year from a nutritional point of view. I would try OPKs and while temping won't be as accurate; it will still give something of an indication, it could be that you're ovulating slightly earlier or slightly later in your cycle than before you had your baby xx

Her baby is a year and a half. She is considering stopping nursing all together. I think stopping at night might be a better solution.

Yeah...I guess I will see what happens with OPKs this month. I kind of intended on attempting to do some weaning in the next month or so anyways. It may have nothing to do with nursing though, considering I've had my period back since DD was 4 1/2 months old and I do have signs of ovulation most months. I'm just confused lol Could also be I need to lose weight. Weigh a bit more than when I got pregnant first time around. DH and I are working on it.

Don't loose hope for sure. I got my period back at 4 months and wasnt trying and am the fattest I've ever been and am 10 weeks preggo. It just takes. While sometimes. 80% of the time people get pregnant within a year though so hopefully it won't be much longer.

Don't loose hope for sure. I got my period back at 4 months and wasnt trying and am the fattest I've ever been and am 10 weeks preggo. It just takes. While sometimes. 80% of the time people get pregnant within a year though so hopefully it won't be much longer.

Yeah, I haven't lost hope yet. I know it takes some people way longer and I'm definitely already blessed with my beautiful peanut already and am thankful for that all the time. I was just praying for this month or the next couple because I am a summer camp director and October, November, December, January would be perfect months to give birth and give me time to recover before we get into busy season. So I guess I still have a couple months to hope for. Maybe if DH and I lose some weight it will help things along too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->