TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

This morning I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. So here we go. It's extremely early still. I'm not more then 4 weeks along.

Congratulations, and good luck EarthMama!

Congratulations Earthmama! How exciting :)!

Congratulations EarthMama! Happy and healthy 9 months!

Anyone on here tandem fed while their baby was still young?

Do you mean your oldest baby or second baby?

Oldest. I'm pregnant and my son is only 6 months. Just wondering how ill know when I need to start giving him some expressed bottles.

Have you read this link?

https://kellymom.com/pregnancy/bf-preg/16milkchanges/

Oldest. I'm pregnant and my son is only 6 months. Just wondering how ill know when I need to start giving him some expressed bottles.

You might not have to. My La Leche group has several mothers who have 2 under 2 and have never given a bottle. It seems milk dries up more if your child is older.

Have you read this link?

https://kellymom.com/pregnancy/bf-preg/16milkchanges/

Yeah I e been reading on kellymom but it seems a bit more tailored for nursing an older child while pregnant.

About it not drying up, won't it turn to colostrum at 4 months? He will only be 8 1/2 months at that time.

Dk, in your position, I would be keeping a close eye on nappies, but otherwise carrying on as normal. Yes, it's uncommon to be pregnant with a BF baby so young, but it's certainly not unheard of, and I'm sure your body will know that it needs to sustain your older one, too. I still think DS gets plenty of fluid from me, as he doesn't drink much else and his nappies are soaked. There's no saying what your supply will do! I think mine has been up and down, but who knows, really?

DK my supply doesn't seem to have changed at all yet. At least, DD doesn't act like it has. She's just now 1. I don't express but it doesn't look like colostrum yet either.

anyone used vitex while bfing to straighten out cycles?

i had my first ppaf and i have had problems with low progesterone and short lp in the past. im not going to take anything right away, just waiting to see how things go first. but, i did hear it was an option to straighten out cycles if they arent regular.

would like to hear some personal stories if anyone has used it. :flower:

Thanks. My supply is def down and he has less set diapers but still about 6 they just aren't as heavy so I thought that might be from getting more solids. His poop is very solid and he is only on two meals a day. Is that normal?

We did baby led solids and DD wasn't eating much til 8 months so I can't help you there.

DK, I would keep an eye on his weight gain; ask your doctor if you're unsure what would be right for your lo especially since weight gain does begin to slow down after 6 months in breastfed babies. My DS was 9 months when I got pregnant and my supply started to drop pretty soon, and by second tri was very low although hasn't dried up completely yet. I was expressing some and could tell it was dropping, and DS didn't gain any weight between 9 and 12 months. That is when I started supplementing but probably should have started sooner. I was really worried about supplementing and didn't want to start too soon or have it make my supply drop even more. It's confusing, I know. And I am 27 weeks and still no colostrum; that can vary quite a lot when your milk changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->