TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

Quick question... when af returned for you ladies did you have extreme fatigue and thurst after your period? Im on my second cycle and bleeding (tmi) has just stopped and i have extreme fatigue (wake up exhausted and sleeping through the night and feeling extremely tired all day long) im fighting to stay awake. And im very thirsty. Nothing quenches my thirst! Plus still having dull crampy aches on and off. Deff not preg as had bleed and bfn even after period (i checked lol) any advice or reassurance that this is all norm after alfie starts again? And whike syill feeding in the dy?

*af lol not alfie? Second time my phones done that! People must wonder what on earth thats al about!

*af lol not alfie? Second time my phones done that! People must wonder what on earth thats al about!

Totally OT, but I was wondering why people kept saying Alfie came back. I was beginning to think it was just a new term for AF...

After a long time TTC with absent then irregular AF, I finally got my BFP this morning! Still nursing my 2yr9mnth old daughter. I'm so glad I was patient and hope she'll continue through pregnancy so I can tandem feed. Though if she chooses to wean I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Huge congrats Cangaroo!!! :happydance::happydance: Keep us updated how its all going!!

So, my period came back, medium/regular flow, regular (or extra) cramps and back pain in December. I had a slightly light AF (with cramps) in Jan, 39 day cycle. Now, 64 days later, I had a 2 day super light bleed with no cramps (mild back pain for a couple hours). Anovulatory breakthrough bleeding? Implantation? Wish I knew if/when I ovulated....

Aw miss priss! We're in this together!! I think i had ib two days ago but still bfn so confused! Urgh! Hate the waiting game!

Does anyone have tips for improving toddler latch? I thought DS had weaned, but during that month all of his 2y molars came in and he's decided to start nursing again now that his teeth have settled. I can't tell whether he's out of practice or it's just because there's not the slightest hint of milk, but his latch is quite poor and the worse it is, the worse my aversion gets while he's nursing.

Aw miss priss! We're in this together!! I think i had ib two days ago but still bfn so confused! Urgh! Hate the waiting game!

Picked up a test today, as usual I'm trying to wait until tomorrow FMU to take it and not try and hold afternoon pee....

Those of you who nursed through pregnancy: if your milk supply dropped, at what point in pregnancy did it drop? I'm 6+4/40 now with no complaints of a change in milk supply yet.

Gl! Post your results!

BFN, I am thinking an anovulatory cycle. No idea what to expect this cycle, will I ovulate? Won't I? LOL. Only time will tell. We are somewhere between WTT and NTNP, so waiting and seeing is fine.

Those of you who nursed through pregnancy: if your milk supply dropped, at what point in pregnancy did it drop? I'm 6+4/40 now with no complaints of a change in milk supply yet.

Mine dropped drastically very early on, maybe 8 weeks. By second tri, it was down to token amounts and dried up completely within a week of 2nd tri. Everyone's different, though, and lots of women don't have/notice a decrease at all.

I haven't noticed a decrease yet and hoping not to have it at all! ;)

Mine dropped at about 10 weeks, and LO gave up at about 24 weeks... I think there was just too little there.

I'm still having issues with nursing aversion. I keep trucking through it but sometimes it can be really difficult. Has anyone had bad nursing aversion that went away or lessened after the baby was born? From what I've read it generally gets worse after the baby is born and that's really worrying. :(

My little guy would be in a good place to wean right now, but I have a feeling he would want to nurse again when he saw his little brother nursing. I also want to continue to ease feelings of jealousy and help with bonding, but when he nurses I just cringe the entire time. :nope: I've made it so far, I don't want to quit now!

I didn't notice a decrease in milk supply until about 18-20 weeks, but my colostrum came in almost immediately after. My son never stopped swallowing so I don't know if I ever dried up.

MommyJogger: Just saw your post. I've been working on readjusting my son's latch a bit because he likes to scrape when he initially latches (eep!). I've found going back to basics has helped a bit. I just started doing what I did when he was a newborn to improve his latch (gliding nipple down from top lip into mouth). The problem is is that I have to do it every time and sometimes I forget. I can't just blindly let him latch anymore otherwise bad things happen.

Hi I'm new to the thread (and the forum!) my milk reduced early on (pain was first indicator of pregnancy for me) and dried up about wk 20 -
32. Then colostrum returned. No sign of 3 year old wanting to wean. Due in 4 and a half weeks

My supply went completely at 12-14w pregnant both times. My son weaned when I was 14w pregnant (he was 19mo old) due to the lack of supply. My daughter kept dry nursing through until my milk came in with the new baby. It was very painful nursing her during pregnancy, so we only nursed 1-2x/day. She really helped my milk come in though - it was in by 30h after birth and now we're tandem nursing! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->