TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I really hope my little guy doesn't wean. He's only 15 months. I'm really hoping to tandem feed. But, I guess time will tell :)

LO is only a year old so the plan here is to tandem feed too. As you say time will tell. I had a friend who got pregnant when her LO was 18 months and he self weaned but I'd be really surprised if LO did as she is very attatched to sucking. It's not so much about the milk as it is the comfort.

I'm really hoping LO doesn't get ill any time soon. Last time she had the flu she did round the clock comfort sucking, that would drive me insane now! And it's not even painful for me.

I hope your little one doesn't get sick either. It's no fun at all with a sick kiddo. I hate to see my little guy hurting.

My guy is very attached to comfort nursing too. I hope that if I do end up losing my milk he'll still comfort nurse so he'll be less likely to wean. (I may kick myself for saying that later on when I'm in tons of pain!)

I think I remember seeing that pain tends to be worst around 16 weeks and tends to improve after that. I can't remember where I read it though. Last time I was pregnant tender boobs eased off toward the second half of pregnancy so it would make sense.

Fingers crossed I'm just about at the worst point and it will improve from here, then!

If DD was younger I'd be fighting hard to keep her nursing, too. At 3, though, I don't mind either way. She's still very attached to nursing so I'll be surprised if she weans.

Cangaroo, I would feel the same. It's so awesome you've nursed her until 3 and through all that pain. I would feel like if my guy wanted to wean at 3 I would be ok with it too.

my 10m old is just starting to pick up solids. But still is primarily bf'd. Nursing is getting quite painful. Especially as he is at a distracted age and pops on and off and on and off. A little worried about running out of milk before he is even 1.

Too_scared- I hope your LO is feeling better now.

Cangaroo- I'd feel the same as you about weaning if LO was 3 too. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Readynwilling- i hope you don't have too much of a reduction in milk any time soon. It seems that most women have a reduction in milk sooner or later but it varies a lot some women notice a reduction in milk right away, others only later on. From what I can gather mid pregnancy is the most common. I haven't noticed any reduction yet, in fact it even seems like I have more but maybe that is just because I tend to make nursing sessions a bit shorter so she has to drink faster :).

Hi all! I used to post on this thread when I was ttc and breastfeeding DS3. I left when I stopped feeding DS3 and a few days later got my BFP!
Well DS4 is now 7 months. I have my cycles back and we are NTNP, although I'm opk-ing etc, so thought I'd pop back over. DS4 isn't exclusively breastfed any more,but we are still going.

Hi ladies, I used to post on here too when we were ttc #2 and nursing dd. DS is now 16months and we're ttc #3 been trying for ages! Onto cycle 14 now, I refuse to wean to get pregnant and figure it will happen when it happens. Dd fed until 25months and I was 7 months pregnant, I can't see DS weaning at the same time though as he is very attached to his boobs!

Well I gave birth on June 2nd so I'm now a tandem nurser! I'm pleasantly surprised at how easy it's been but I do nurse them separately.

DS1 watches me nurse his little brother all of the time but has no desire to nurse more often than he did while I was pregnant so still twice a day. I was sure he would want to nurse more often because that's all I've ever heard happens!

Jealousy has been minimal which is great. I do think the cuddles I have with DS 1 while nursing do help. :)

Congratulations!!

I really hope I can achieve what you have. Go mama!

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in. DH and I just started TTC number3 :happydance: Had my first AF in a year and a half appear three days ago which I was absolutely delighted about! Milo has just dropped to 2 feeds a day but I really hope I might be able to continue nursing through pregnancy and beyond if it works out.

Hope to learn some stuff from you lovely ladies! And congratulations to those who areaalready baking the next one!

Lovely to have another positive tandem nursing experience and some hopefuls. I first posted in this thread months back when we were thinking about trying for #2. I got my periods back in January when LO was 8 1/2 months. They were a bit mixed up and I had a short LP but managed to get pregnant again after 3 periods.

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in. DH and I just started TTC number3 :happydance: Had my first AF in a year and a half appear three days ago which I was absolutely delighted about! Milo has just dropped to 2 feeds a day but I really hope I might be able to continue nursing through pregnancy and beyond if it works out.

Hope to learn some stuff from you lovely ladies! And congratulations to those who areaalready baking the next one!

Our boys are close in age :) I am FINALLY gearing up to O. I got my first positive OPK's yesterday and today....let the baby making begin!!!

baby dust!

Hey ladies! I just got a BFP and I'm still nursing my 14.5 month old!

Really hoping to not lose my supply completely and nurse DS all the way through, he is so young and depends on BM so much still. I do have a large freezer stash, but I'd rather keep nursing him and not dip into it!

The past two days I have been extremely hungry, I hope it is my body keeping me eating enough to keep my milk supply up while still growing a new little one.

Congratulations on your bfp!

I find my milk really dips if I don't drink enough in a day. I aim for 4 large glasses of water but I think even more would be better. If I drink enough I can really tell a difference. I guess the little beanie is using more than I realized because I used to get away with a day here or there without as much water for whatever reason before my bfp.

I have been trying to push the water (it also keeps me from drinking things I shouldn't, like soda or coffee!). I'll be sure and make a priority!

Congratulations misspriss! That's fantastic! The body is amazing. I'm sure I read that it prioritises growing foetus, then nursling, then the mother so make sure you get enough calories and water in you.

Thanks dove! Baby dust to you too :flower: I just got a load of cheapie pregnancy tests in the post so am very excited, first cycle of proper trying for us since I now know where I am. Cycle day 7 for me right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->