TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I live in Boob tops
https://shop.boobdesign.com/
They have a before/after top that stretches with ruching so you can wear it during pregnancy and wear it after for nursing. Expensive but if you can find them locally and on sale totally worth it :)

I just use a stretchy undertop that can be pulled up or down. I haven't used any special ones so don't know if they are better

The only benefit I see to the halftee is that it doesn't need to be maternity, it only goes below the boobs, it isn't as hot because it isn't as long, and you can wear it to nurse in a carrier without the bottom getting caught in the hip strap (which is why I own a lot of nursing tops)

I use milk nursingwear, but most of those are nursing or early pregnancy only, not maternity

Ah, yes, nursing tops work much better with a carrier. I have nursing tops from H&M that I used when I was pregnant.

That's great Misspriss!

As for nursing tops, I use strappy singlets under whatever stretchy tops and do the singlet down, top up method. I find it easy and discreet so maybe just get a few shoestring singlets for under your maternity tops? I also got a few proper breastfeeding ones second hand recently and they are good but it gives you 2 sets of snap things to undo/redo when feeding so just stretchy singlets (vest tops) are actually easier in my opinion. The only thing is the straps get pretty stretched with pulling them down so they wouldn't be much use afterwards but they were just cheapy ones anyway and by the time I'm finished feeding I'd have got my moneys worth out of them enough to justify chucking them. Or I could tie a knot in the straps to shorten them again :)

As for the expensive half tees - couldn't you just get a few cheap normal ones and cut the bottoms off? Maybe hem them if you are worried but they should just roll up a bit if cut and left.

That's great Misspriss!

As for nursing tops, I use strappy singlets under whatever stretchy tops and do the singlet down, top up method. I find it easy and discreet so maybe just get a few shoestring singlets for under your maternity tops? I also got a few proper breastfeeding ones second hand recently and they are good but it gives you 2 sets of snap things to undo/redo when feeding so just stretchy singlets (vest tops) are actually easier in my opinion. The only thing is the straps get pretty stretched with pulling them down so they wouldn't be much use afterwards but they were just cheapy ones anyway and by the time I'm finished feeding I'd have got my moneys worth out of them enough to justify chucking them. Or I could tie a knot in the straps to shorten them again :)

As for the expensive half tees - couldn't you just get a few cheap normal ones and cut the bottoms off? Maybe hem them if you are worried but they should just roll up a bit if cut and left.

I picked up some cheap tshirts to cut off, but then I fell in love with the shirt so no cutting it off! LOL I will probably pick up somemore. The biggest thing for me is to add elastic to the bottom to keep it under the girls.

There are some fab clothing ideas!

Hmmm so my nipples are getting sooooooo sooooooo sore! My LO is still unwell and nursing loads! He's off food so I can't reject his nursing demands. Tempted to try digging out lansinoh again??? How did you ladies manage sore nips and did it ease? I'm only 6+5?!

I've had no morning sickness yet...... So decided to go for an early scan next week for reassurance.

How are you all getting on?

x

I still have sore nipples at 21 weeks but they just hurt when she latches n then it's fine. I didn't put anything on them. Good luck!

I dread LO getting ill cus not sure if I can cope with comfort sucking! It's not that painful for me it just makes my toes curl if she feeds for too long. I guess it's what you call feeding aversion. My nipples do start to get sore if she feeds for too long but happily she is okay with fairly short feeds these days.

Hi ladies. In my second tww right now. And things are looking positive so far.
Currently ds is bf 2-4 times a day..and I am wondering about cramping during tww, bf and during pregnancy. I have read a lot that it shouldn't be a problem in healthy pregnancy.. But sometimes the cramps are quite strong for quite a while after bf. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Really don't want to wean ds.

Hello ladies can I join the chat :)
Breastfeeding my 14 month old with no plans to stop, ttc no2!
Af returned around 8months pp however very irregular, last cycle was 38 days so a vast improvement however going by opk my lp was 6 days.
Currently on cd 32, had a positive opk on cd 20, cramping & pink cm & loads ewcm on cd 27 so was of course symptom spotting like crazy thinking implantation maybe, however now thinking maybe ov? Or I'm crazy :p
Had a bfn this morning so feeling a bit disheartened by it all, thinking of giving temping a go next cycle.
Congratulations on everyone who has got their bfp and good luck to all those who are trying xxx

Canadabear. Sorry, I don't know much about cramping because I haven't had any yet. Some doctors will tell you to stop BF in pregnancy if you get bad cramps but I have read experiences of ladies who carried on and had no problems. I had really strong BH contractions last prgnancy which were triggered by bending over or other activities (including sex). They started early and LO was 10 days late. Usually labour just doesn't start until your body and baby are ready because before that there are hormones which block labour. The biggest concern is a history of preterm labour because that indicates your body may not respond normally.

Youngy- I got pregnant on my 4th cycle. They were not regular and my lp, by OPKs, was 6/7 days, so there is hope!

Canadabear, I got pregnant on my second PP cycle and I remember having bad cramps the cycle I conceived after nursing. Everything is fine, though, and I'm almost 10 weeks now and still nursing (though my milk has dried up sooo much). I'm not having cramps after nursing any more!

I have a question for ladies who bf through more than one pregnancy. If your milk dried up in one pregnancy did it happen the same in them all?

Unfortunately we found out we lost the baby at 16+6. My milk didn't disappear completely but it did go mostly. I'm not sure if I have it in me to try again but I'm wondering if I do will it be the same, worse, or possibly better?

Thanks

So sorry to hear about your loss too_scared. Do you know if it was a boy or a girl? I was excited to be sharing the experience of pregnancy and BFing with you and misspriss. So sad it's not worked out for either of you. Hope you both get pregnant again soon if it's what you want but I understand your reservations. Hugs.

Thank you.

I didn't know the gender (they don't tell you at the hospital) but they are testing the baby to hopefully find out a cause. I had a d&c last Thursday. I'm on the fence about finding the gender out (if they would even tell me).

I'm not sure what we'll do about trying again. I really feel selfish if I put my feelings first and not try to get my little guy a sibling. :cry:

Too Scared, :hugs::hugs:hugs::hugs:

Words can never convey enough on the internet sweety, I don't really know what to say.

My pregnancy was significantly shorter than yours, over almost right after it started. I did suffer a reduction in supply that took weeks to come back to normal. I still don't think it's the same as it used to be. I wish I could tell you more or tell you something else that could help.

Thank you. :hugs:

I noticed my milk has come back some. Definitely not like it was but better. I actually noticed it came back a little before my d&c so I guess the hormones were dropping pretty fast before then.

I'm sorry your milk isn't as much as before. I hope it continues to improve.

So sorry To _ scared wishing you all the best for the future.x

We were just starting our NTNP in April then I found my partner would be away a lot so decided to take a break till now I guess officially August. I was only with you all for a month lol. Anyway my son turned a year a few weeks ago and we're still breast feedinfeeding. Usually only at night and in the morning. Sometimes in the day when I am home.
I purchased cheap OPK and pregnancy test from amazon and started testing yesterday I can see a faint line to I expect it to build. I guess I will ov sat or sunday. My cycles have been regular since March usually 28 day but last 2 cycles were 26 and 27 respectively. This is my trial month but I hope we catch the egg. So nice to find this thread. It is a big comfort to others are breastfeeding in their pregnancy and Tandem feeding also.

I'm so sorry for your loss too_scared. I just wanted to say don't be too surprised if you change your mind pretty fast on trying again. You may not, but I know I went from "never again" to "I need to be pregnant right now" pretty quickly, as did lots of the ladies I knew who lost their babies around the same timeframe. It comes with some weird feelings and lots of guilt which ever way you go, but try to give yourself time and don't beat yourself up, whatever you decide. As for milk supply, I don't know, I'm sorry but every pregnancy is different, I had such different symptoms with each of mine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->