TTC/Pregnancy while Breastfeeding and Tandem Nursing: Information and Support

I think my little guy likes the bottle we use now because water comes out much easier. Sippy cups are so hard to get the water out of.

Have you tried a simple sippy cup without an anti spill valve? LO won't use the anti spill ones, she gets fustrated with them but loves her simple one because it comes out easily. Of course it also dribbles out when she drops it or turns it upside down. She also likes drinking out of a normal cup now but that always ends up in some cleaning up to do.

Don't know if either of these options are available where you live, but my 2yo still hates anti-spill sippy cups. We do open cups at home and sippies on the go. Babies R Us brand has a few free-flow options that are quite free-flow (they come with a straw that isn't free flow, but if you remove the straw, it's a great sippy) and Gerber Graduate Advanced sippies (the ones here atm are the ones with TMNT and Peter Rabbit on them) are free-flow. I wish I'd found both of these sooner because the whole sippy cup thing was a PITA at the beginning.

Well, I don't use plastic sippies, so that limits our options.

When I say sippy, he has a silicone anti-spill sippy top that fits on his stainless steel bottle (pura kiki). This is also what he drinks milk out of. He seeems to really like it, but there just isn't much water gone after he drinks out of it.

He also drinks from an open cup, but only at meal times. He likes this, but we only put about 2 oz in his cup and usually at least half that is left after meal time.

He also drinks from a "free-flow" sippy, it's a 4oz mason jar with a cuppow top on it, which is like a travel lid, it has a hole in it and it will spill. He drinks about the same out of that as anything else.

And he knows how to get stuff out of the pura kiki sippy, that's how he drinks his milk and he drains it dry! Maybe he just doesn't love water?

Misspriss, we have those exact bottles/sippy lids. Finn dumps his water/milk out of them. He either turns it over and pushes down so the water pours out or he pushes the whole top down into the bottle so it pops out.

The bottles we use are like this
https://www.biosh2o.com/Products/600ml_stainless.html

I bought the bottles and then the sippy cup lids after. I don't know if they're the same? They're silicon and squishy. When he turns the bottle over it squishes and water pours out. Stinker!

They used to have clear sippy lids that weren't as spill resistant. The blue ones are stiffer and don't squish as well (they were new when I bought them a year ago). My DS is a small guy too he may just not be able to squish them as well!

The new ones are on top, the old ones are on the bottom, it looks like they are bringing them back at the end of the year. Probably by customer demand! When DS was 6 months and I tried them they were too stiff for him, and I really wanted the older/softer style, but all I could get were the new XL spouts.

https://www.purastainless.com/purchase/kiki-spouts/

Ahhh. Yes, we have the bottom ones. He's been dumping his water out of those since we started water with him. Haha!

LOL the blue ones don't leak much. I wished I had the softer ones for 6-12m, but he's fine with the blue ones now.

So I wanted to stick to just nursing my toddler 3x a day after the new baby came and maintain those limits but it's just not happening, he gets sooo upset and jealous. I can't bear seeing him so angry at me right now so I've begun nursing him with the baby at the same time a lot more and his attitude is way better. Guess that's the way it has to be for right now.

So I wanted to stick to just nursing my toddler 3x a day after the new baby came and maintain those limits but it's just not happening, he gets sooo upset and jealous. I can't bear seeing him so angry at me right now so I've begun nursing him with the baby at the same time a lot more and his attitude is way better. Guess that's the way it has to be for right now.

:hugs: I hear that a lot from other tandem-ers. Eventually their toddlers get bored of it and go back to the old routine (or at least less than they seem to want to nurse in the beginning). I've never seen anyone say they regret following their toddler's cue during the transition. Hope it passes quickly for you.

I had the exact thing happen but after i gave in to my toddler we are both more relaxed although it is frustrating at times

Hi all, I just found out we are expecting #2 and I am still bf'ing my almost 9 month old. I plan to continue to do so until she is at least a year old.

Any helpful tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Debbie and welcome! I think it's important to be determined but keep an open mind too.. Reading others stories has helped me be prepared and cope with some of the challenges but I've also realized that every one has their own experience. I know it sounds like kind of corny but the best advice I can think of is just to take one one day at a time. I have been surprised by the fact that some things I thought were going to be really hard were not an issue and other things I hadn't given much thought to have seemed almost impossible to get past. Personally I found feeding during tri 1 relatively easy. I have been struggling more since about 15 weeks but now at 21 and still hanging in there. Hoping to make it through and tandem nurse but I'm not sure if LO is going to self wean before that.

Cautiously rejoining as pregnant again, got a super faint BFP yesterday and a faint one today. I'm hoping this one sticks and I don't have another chemical. So far my milk supply has gone down a little, but no disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->