TTC soon! Wait is killing me

Yes although I understand your wanting to get going with the TTC now I do think it is really nice that you guys end your WTT time with a fun holiday where you can spend time together as a couple and enjoy non-child/baby friendly things just before TTC!

We have just started planning our wedding for December 2018 and I am hoping that I conceive first month (March) so I have a year to shed some baby weight. But that is quite a good distraction for me- pinterest for both the baby and the wedding!

Ohh exciting! I had to stop looking at Pinterest, I wanted everything lol. I hadn't thought to look on there at baby things... A December wedding will be so lovely!

Swedengirl - having a wedding to plan is definitely a good distraction. We were married in December as well :) It felt magical with all the Christmas decorations everywhere.

MrsB17- your plans sound great! You picked some great US cities to visit. San Francisco is expensive so be prepared for that, but there is so much to do. We spent 3 days there once and didn't even feel like we scratched the surface.

Ah I thought it might be expensive. I've been wanting to go for ages, I'm so excited!

Yes I am super excited! Think it will be so pretty to get married then- loads of people think it is so weird not to get married in the summer, but I think winter weddings can be beautiful! Pinterest is deadly thoug. My wedding keeps getting more extravagant!

Karroolia funny that you got married in December- we seem to have a few things in common! Not long until March for us now.. Although if I remember correctly you are not actively preventing now anyway right?

We were being a bit here and there with our contraception but now I am being a bit strict again until March 1st! I am excited to have the day we start for some reason :haha:

MrsB17 so jealous you are going to San Fran. We are actually thinking about maybbbbeee going in June/July as just found some cheap flights!

Swedengirl - I just came off my bcp so I don't anticipate much yet, but no we aren't preventing now, but I'm not actively trying either until March. We do seem to have a lot in common.
December really is a great time to get married. Obviously the weather might be more of a concern, but weather can happen any time of year. We loved getting Christmas tree pictures and we didn't have to decorate the church at all, which was nice! We also have some great snow pictures. So many pretty photo opportunities!

MrsB17 do you guys have a list of 'must see' things for each city or are you just going to see how things go and be more leisurely? I know with New York and San Fran there are so many things, both touristy and not, that you could fill your days with.

Oh I have started youtubing pregnancy announcements- they are so fun to watch!

In fact, I found they really helped with my cold feet, so every time I get a bit nervous I watch one!

How are you guys doing? Not long for us all now.....:happydance:

I feel the same about watching announcements. I think "they're all so happy and excited, it can't be that scary!"

I have to say, I am enjoying being off BCP. I read that your desire to BD can go up and mine definitely has. That should make the TTC journey a little more fun haha.

MrsB your honeymoon sounds like it will be the perfect mix of fun/adventure and relaxation. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Oh I couldn't believe the difference when I came off BC. I didn't think it made me feel any different but I was like I completely different person. I became much more optimistic, self-confident and generally just felt better. I doubt I will actually go back on it in the future as it was such a drastic difference!

Yes the announcements thing makes me super excited about the whole thing. My OH mum has been desperate for a grandchild for years and I can't wait until the day I can announce it to her- she will be sooo happy!

You're right, I feel different too. More energetic and positive about life, I guess. I started using it at 19 so I really don't even know how adult me should feel without it.

Yes it is the same for me. I had been on it for ten years- although switched from combined to minipill in that time.

MrsB17 you also had issues with the pill right?

Now I am currently using a mix of natural family planning and condoms I think I will use this more in the future as I appear to have regular cycles so seems to work well. Although not sure how this will be when I am breastfeeding....

Oh dear that sounds awful! I think they need to have more of a warning of the negative psychological and mental health related issues surrounding the pill.

Things are good here! I am actually no longer WTT but actually in the TWW! A shortage of condoms this weekend in our household lead to us moving up the TTC date :haha: and I was ovulating!

It is so lucky you realised that wasn't normal- that could have had a really bad outcome...

Exciting you are beginning to chart! I remember how cool it was the first month to pinpoint when I ovulated. And awesome OPKs worked for you- I think I said before I found them a bit confusing. Does having the coil impact your charting? I guess not as it is non-hormonal?

Have you thought about when you will get your coil removed? Before honeymoon or after? Sorry if you said before I can't remember!

And my AF is due the 4th as I have a 12 day LP. So will try to hold out to test until the 5th if I can!

MrsB I'm excited those jobs are starting to get posted. I know exactly how you feel about that. I'm also glad you figured out your BCP was causing your depression. What a terrible experience. I have had very depressive times over the last 10 years, but I could always blame them on something (death in the family, death of a friend, DH moving to another country for school before we were married). I have also had almost constant mild depression, but I didn't really realize it until coming off the pill and noting how much better I felt. I wonder now if it made those previous times worse than they might have been?

I think I'm due to ovulate in the next few days then hoping AF comes on time and I'll know I'm good to go for March!

Swedengirl - Keep up updated!! Fingers crossed

Oh Exciting MrsB! Fingers crossed for you and your husband!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->