TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've noticed that there are quite a few people wwt till June/July of this year now so I thought we could have our own thread here. There's so many girls in ttc that sometimes it's hard to keep up with everyone's story. So I thought, seeing as we're in a similar situation, this could be a place to share our thoughts, hopes, plans, worries and excitement. Maybe we could also tell each other a bit more about who we are and why we're here (in wwt).

I'll start then: I'm Amy, rapidly approaching the big three-oh and sooo excited about ttc in summer. I've been with my OH for 7 years now, married for two, and I'm still sooo in love with him. :blush: Last year we bought a little (very! little) house in the suburbs and we're now gettng it ready for our first LO.
I'm currently working on my PhD which seems more stress than it's worth sometimes but other times I do still love it. Before ttc I want to change some rather bad habbits, like not eating regularly and not making time to relax. I also have some weight to loose but we'll see how that one goes...

What about everyone else?

Hiya, can i join? Im waiting untill my holiday in May - thats summer right? Im a bit nervous moving over to ttc as there are so many girlies in there. I have my buddy lisa moving over at the same time as me so i wont be on my own :)

So im in wtt as we have a all inclusive holiday booked to Aruba and i want to enjoy all the freebies and alcohol on holiday - its our first abroad holiday together and our last as a couple so we want to make the most of it. We are ntnp from the day we go :) We have been together 4 years and 3 months and are still very much in love, no plans to marry - OH doesnt believe in it after his upbringing, our massive commitment to each other was getting the mortgage. We lived in rented house for 18 months before we moved into our 2 bed apartment in June. Im 22 and OH is 23 - we will be almost 23 and 24 by the time we move over to ttc.

So....lol. Look forward to chatting in this thread :)

xxx

ME!!!! We're looking to start trying in the summer. I'm currently trying to work out the logistics of if theres any possible way that i'd be able to go back to work part time after mat leave and trying to get myself healthy as I take medication for health problems that there is not alot of research on the effects it has on babies in pregnancy. Hub and I have been married since August and I'm very excited!! We're keeping the fact that we're trying to ourselves so theres no pressure so its really nice to have people to talk to about it!!

MEEEEE!!!! I am so excited. I am Tracey, 31 and my DH and I have been together for 13 years, married for 5 and have 1 little boy aged 17 months. I am so excited because my hubby said no more children period! Now he said different (see wtt journal). I am happy happy and so exited. Be good to have some wtt buddys x

Me too hopefully. I'm a bit confused about it all at the moment so not sure if I really belong here.

Just before Christmas, my OH said we should have a baby & I should stop taking my pill. I got really excited & started dreaming of fat babies. The next day he changed his mind & took it all back. I'm so upset. He said we need to talk about it face to face (he works away for 1-2 weeks at a time) but when he came home for Christmas he wouldn't let me talk about it. He is so skilful at avoiding the subject, I can ask him a direct question, but somehow I never manage to get a straight answer from him. Very frustrating!!

Anyway, next time he comes home we need to have a proper conversation, no slippery avoidance tactics & I'm hoping for some decision making & fingers crossed, we'll be trying the end of the summer. We've always said that we want our first child before we're 30 & if we TTC in July/August, I'll be 27 by the time I have a baby.

Sorry its a bit long winded, I've just been so upset by thinking that I've got everything I ever wanted & then having it taken away from me again. :cry:

Hi everyone! :hi:

Awww Dumpling, that sucks! Men can be rather frustrating about these things. But there's nothing for it, you'll just have to get him to talk to you. Do you think his being away a lot is a factor in making him unsure? Is that likely to change any time soon or is his job always going to be like that?

Hi

Im 22 and getting married to my fantastic oh (whos is 32) in July and as long as everything goes to plan we will be ttc after that!!!!
I am so excited :happydance:

It could well be. The trouble is, he likes the money he earns being away, even though he hates being away from home all the time. At the moment his contract is supposed to last another 2yrs. It must be really crap for him to think that I might have a baby & he would be so far away, but maybe it would be the kick up the arse he needs to get a job closer to home! Anyway, give it 2 weeks & we'll sort it out!

I should be trying this summer as well! Around the time that Emma turns 1 we plan on trying again. I had a c-section so have to wait a bit longer than I'd hoped for but I still can't wait!! :happydance:

ME! I got married this past summer in July. I have been off the pill for 2 months now trying to regulate my cycles and have just started charting. As of now we are 'avioding fertile days" which seems to be most days, but that's another story. My hubby and I will be really going for it(LOL) starting in June:) I cannot wait! I am so ready to be a mommy!

Me! We are waiting til June this year :happydance: (feels exciting saying "this year"!)

We got married in April last year and we wanted a whole year of just being us and no pressure/planning at all. My brother is getting married on June 5th and we decided that waiting til then would be a good time to start TTC - it would be a little bit harsh to overshadow his wedding :wacko:

Also we are going on a road trip around Europe in September when OH turns 25 and that might not be so easy with a bump...

:flower:

I'm thinking about stopping my pill in about feb as i've heard lots of stories about people not getting back into cycles for ages. Am a bit apprehensive though as I started taking it originally before I needed it for contraception as my periods were soooo bad that I couldn't actually go to work! But having been taking it for over 10 years, i'm keen to get it out of my body!

I think coming off the pill a little early is a good idea. I've been off it since last march (after over 10 years on it) and my cycles went back to normal after about 2-3 months. But a friend of mine came off the same time and still hasn't had her first period. So I guess it can't hurt to give your body some time to adjust. I plug this all the time, but if you're interested have a look at Toni Weschler's "Taking Charge of your Fertility". I learnt a lot about my body from it (despite thinking I was quite well informed before) and it also teaches you about charting temperatures and chervical mucus for contraception until the time comes. Although I think Fertility Friend has a free online course as well.

Hi everyone! I'm 22. DH and I will be celebrating our third wedding anniversary this year, as well as seven years of dating. We have agreed to start TTC #1 in June, and I am more than excited about it! In the meantime I'm working on losing some weight (40-50 pounds) and hoping that by doing so it will help regulate my cycles.

I would come off your pill early. I came off mine in May. We didnt have a date to ttc but i just wanted to come off it for me, made me feel crappy and i wanted my body back!! we use condoms now and its not as great but they work until the time is right!

Is everyone here planning on going straight to ttc and charting and temping or rather just ntnp? I will be going ntnp in may, i dont want ttc to overtake my life and get stressed about it.
xxx

I'm not coming off my pill till after the wedding so will just be ntnp . I agree that we don't want the stress. So if after a while we haven't got a little bun in the oven i will chart etc.. To be honest that all confuses me at the minute anyway!!!

I will be TTC in May/June, will be NTNP at first, I just had my first baby 4 weeks ago tomorrow but actually cant wait to have the next as we want them close together! TTC the first time took over my life, it only really took a month although hadnt used contraception for 2. however i became totally obssessed, so this time i want to just be calm about the whole experinece.

I hated being pregnant and had a difficult labour so why i am so excited about going through the whole thing again I dont know!

Eternal, your little boy is absolutely gorgeous! And I love his name as well. Doesn't sound like you had a great pregnancy but look at the end result!!!

I've been charting for a year now (for contraception) so will just continue to do so when we ttc. To be honest, now that I know what to look for, I think it'd be impossible for me to not at least have an idea about when I'm ovulating, so "ntnp" is pretty much out the window. :D I asked DH whether he'd prefer me not to tell him but he says he wants to know. To be honest, I think I'd obsess either way so at least this way it's likely to be over sooner. Oh and we only have about 6 months in which to get pregnant, after that we'd need to wait a year or so, so I really want to maximise our chances.

what happens after 6 months? ignore me if i am too nosey! lol

:D You're allowed to be nosey! I'm currently working on my PhD so on a fixed contract which will run out beginning of 2012. So we've set ourselves end of 2011 as a ttc limit, after that we'd wait to see what happens for me afterwards jobwise. We can afford for me to be unemployed for a few months but I'd rather not be between jobs when I have LO as it'll make finding something new harder. I'm fairly confident though. We're both healthy and not that old yet. If there should be any issues we'll just have to deal with them when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->