TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

The recommendation is to start 3 months before ntnp/ttc. So that would be end of february for you. But I'd just start now on a cheapy one, that way you're safe.

Hiya All,
Im 24, have been with my partner (29) for nearly 7 years and we have been married for just over a year. I am a Maths teacher at a high school in Manchester. We were orginally going to be waiting about 2/3 years after we got married to start TTC as I felt I was still a bit too young, (even though we have been together for years). Anyway after we got married my desire to have a baby just over took my life, its all I could/can think of. Unfortunately we had a bad start to the year last year, with my husband being in the building trade he was hit hard with the recession, so we knew we had to wait until finances picked up. Things picked up and we decided on nov/dec to TTC. Just as we started my SIL announced she was pregnant with her 2nd so we decided to hold on. (Which half of me regrets, especially as she is going for her scan this week and can thinking to myself that should be me!!!)

Anyway sorry for rambling on!! Nice to speak to you all and share the waiting game!!

Hi all

Can I join? I will be TTC from the last week of August.

I'm a bit unusual though in that I will be stopping TTC at the end of October and waiting until end of February 2011 before trying again. This is because I turn 30 next March and we're all going on holiday to Lanzarote to celebrate/commiserate it - my OH and all my family. Obviously we can't be too early in the pregnancy or too late in the pregnancy when travelling and this is the reason for trying for a short time and then stopping and trying again when we're on holiday. I hope that makes sense!

I will be stopping the pill in May most probably and then charting (going to do the whole hog - temping, CM checking, ovulation sticks etc).

I truly hope we're lucky enough to fall pregnant this year in the short time period that we can.

Anyway, I'm 28 at the moment, as is OH. We've been married for 3 years and together for 5. I'm very lucky in that OH is incredibly excited about TTC and wishes we could do it now! Unfortunately it's not really an option given our holiday to Lanzarote next year. It's not even booked yet and I even considered telling my family it wouldn't be going ahead in order that I could start TTC right now, but I would feel too guilty as I know they're looking forward to it. Plus there would be lots of questions! Also, it gives me extra time to save up for baby things.

It's difficult to keep your sensible head on when your thoughts all revolve around babies, isn't it?

Oh and I will only be TTC if all is well with my inflammatory bowel disease. I've just come off an 8-week course of steroids to try to fix a recent flare-up and we'll have to see if they did the trick. I won't be TTC if I'm in a flare-up, but I would be happy to TTC if in remission. Fingers crossed!

Hi,
Can i join too, we were hoping to be trying at the beginning of this year, but i need to be working part time, so holding out for that moment, hopefully by May/June though we'll be getting on with it :)).

I am probably a little older than most of you 33 this year, i have a little boy of 2 and a half and hoped to have nother by now, but my partner was seriously ill in 2008 (all clear now though) and we had a miscarriage back in Nov 2009.

Felling really positive about it being a new year and a new start and can't wait to get started.

I just got a text from one of my closest friends saying that their baby no.2 has arrived, a happy and healthy baby boy. Her husband sent me a picture and he's absolutely gorgeous. Don't really feel like waiting till summer (and then another 9 months) now, I want one of my own!!!

Meeee! Me and my OH got married last August and I've slowly worn her down until she agreed to start TTC this summer! There's nothing I want more than to be a mommy :)

Well I'll be TTC 1st of June :rofl: or maybe mid may depending on my cycle :) I'm already tracking my cycle lengths and CM but think im gonna buy a clearblue fertility monitor in a few months. Gonna start on the folic acid end of this month too :) Cant wait to TTC :(

Is anyone finding that thinking about starting a family is messing up their motivation for other things? I've always workd hard and been highly motivated to do well in my education and career. But since we decided on a ttc date I just don't seem to care. I work because I know I need to pay the mortgage but my passion's gone. Or rather it's moved to thinking about babies...
I don't know, may be a bit of January blues in there as well. All I know is I need to find some bloody motivation.

Me!! The only motivation shown is looking at baby names and through baby sections in catalogues etc. It is a little bit obsessive atm. Anyway, 3 of my friends are expecting so I have decided to have a go at making nappy cakes for them to give me something to do that is baby related. A new kind of hobby if you like. I have also commited to baking a gluten free birthday cake for a dear friend who is going to be 50. Perhaps something like that would help and if you are busy then the time may go faster. HTH xxx:flower:

I took my first folic acid tablet this morning :D So exciting ! Although I think we will putting of starting to try till July now rather than May. I just want to start trying now !! :)

Hi Mind if i join we wil lTTC no3 and last starting julyish looking forward to getting to know u all and sharing the up and downs of the whole progress

My name is Rebecca (becky) i've been with my hubby 10 years married for 4 a d we have 2 beautiful sons James 3 and Thomas 1 hoping for one more bubba to complete our family x

I'm getting excited :D

Anyone else started temp tracking but not having sex on fertile days? I've just started this cycle :shrug: but I'm finding it a little confusing.

Hi Becky! :hi: Good to have you here, clearly you're a pro. :D Your first two are gorgeous!

I've been temp charting for 13 cycles now and find it really informative. Started (and am doing it now) for contraception but I'm sure it'll come in handy for TTC. So blah, any questions just ask and I'll try to clarify things...

Hi guys, I'm new here! I'm 27 and my husband is 30, we've been together 9 years, married for 3. We recently decided to start trying this July. I'm in a PhD program and hope to be finished by April 2011, so I figure if I finish then I will have the whole summer off to spend with the baby (plus I will keep my student health insurance until August). Besides that, my husband just started his own business so hopefully it will be off the ground by the time we have a baby.

I'm also having motivational issues because I keep obsessively thinking about babies instead of doing work! My husband has wanted to have kids for years and I just recently decided I was ready too. Now he is freaked out by how obsessed I am! Aah! Need a way to pass the time while getting all my work done...

This is my first month off the pill, we will be using condoms until July. I just started tracking my temperature because I want to make sure everything is working right :) We'll see how it goes. I'm also taking prenatal vitamins. I had been taking multivitamins "for women" before, and I don't think the prenatals are much different except there's even more folic acid.

Can't wait for July!

Hi Becky! :hi: Good to have you here, clearly you're a pro. :D Your first two are gorgeous!

I've been temp charting for 13 cycles now and find it really informative. Started (and am doing it now) for contraception but I'm sure it'll come in handy for TTC. So blah, any questions just ask and I'll try to clarify things...

Ah great. I'm only just a week into my cycle so I'll wait until it's over before I start to question things but how much do your temps vary? I got a 96.80, 97.33 and a 97.05 :shrug: is that normal cos on my graph the temps are spiking and dipping lots :dohh:

Blah - If this is your first cycle off the pill then that might explain some craziness in temperatures. Although the temps you quote aren't that crazy. Just wait for the end of the cycle and see if you can interpret it (i.e. if you have a clear low temperature phase and a clear high temperature phase). If not it may be hormones still getting back to normal or it may be that you're not measuring at the same time every day or have big differences in the amount of sleep you get? But yeah, I wouldn't worry about it in your first cycle, they'll "calm down" with time.

zb5 - Welcome! :hi: You and I seem to have quite a lot in common. I'm a PhD student myself but DH and I actually hope we'll conceive our first this summer, to be born before I write up my thesis. I'm majorly nervous about that but this way I get a lot more time with LO (few months off plus about a year part-time writing) than I would if we waited till afterwards. I have my doubts sometime but overall I think it's the right decision for us. What are you working on? Are you nervous about potentially finishing PhD while heavily pregnant? Could you extend your PhD time if you felt you needed to? And do you have plans for afterwards? Sorry for all the nosiness... :D

I've not been on the pill for years, but I am still BFing my baby. Would that make a difference?

Hi everyone! I am so excited that I get to be a part of this thread because it means we will be TTC soon! My husband and I have been together for almost three years and will be celebrating our one year marriage anniversary this June which will also be the first month that we will be TTC.
This past year has been crazy with the wedding and we moved into our house and now all I can think about is having a baby. My husband wanted to wait at least a year for us to get settled and the wait has been difficult :p So to try and help the last few months fly by we are going on vacation in April. I can't wait! It will be nice for a last vacation just the two of us.
I went off the pill in December and although AF came as usual I am paranoid about not ovulating (my mom's sister could never have children) so I am going to start charting my BBT tomorrow (I need to get a thermometer lol!).

Hi! :hi:
So many new people, how nice! I'm sure the time will fly by for all of us now.

Blah, I'm not entirely sure but think the breastfeeding might have something to do with erratic temperatures. Are you up a lot during the night or get up different times in the morning? If you bf during the night it might be an idea to take your temperatures then as opposed to the morning and see if that makes them more stable?

You might find that you can still interpret them though, even if they look a bit spikey. That is, if you have "normal" length cycles back yet. If you don't because of the breastfeeding it might be difficult but as long as you're not using it for contraception that's not a big deal either. Just wait and see...

Amygdala, I'm definitely nervous about trying to finish my thesis while hugely pregnant! But I'm pretty sure I could take a little extra time afterwards if I needed to. I have my doubts sometimes too, but I think this is the best way for me. I have a couple friends who had babies during their PhD and both of them had huge motivation drops after the baby was born. One quit entirely, the other finally went back part time 1 year after her baby was born. I'm afraid of that happening to me so I want to be done or at least really close!

I'm in Physics, what about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"