TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

Welcome to MrsC2B and cocoelopen!! :flower:

Well I'm officially in the 2WW! My very first :blush: I'm going to go mad not testing lol but determined not to until AF is (hopefully!) late by a few days. If FF is correct it means we DTD on Ov day so I've got my FX for sure.

Take care all,
Dinah

Welcome to MrsC2B and cocoelopen!! :flower:

Well I'm officially in the 2WW! My very first :blush: I'm going to go mad not testing lol but determined not to until AF is (hopefully!) late by a few days. If FF is correct it means we DTD on Ov day so I've got my FX for sure.

Take care all,
Dinah

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!:thumbup:

Welcome Coco!

Dinah, so excited for you! I have everything crossed for you love, (well after one last BD tonight I'll have everything crossed! :haha:) Good luck and hope that you caught that eggy!

had a bit of an emotional breakdown last night--i'm nearing O--and dtd with a condom just wasn't what i wanted! ;) SO is so great--we just talked and he reassured me that next month is just around the corner. i'm sure he thinks i'm a little nuts, but he at least understands some and knows right now with O coming that it's particularly on my mind...i'm heading out of town for a few days with one of my good friends and her kids, so hope you guys have a great weekend!

Aw, membas, I'm sorry to hear that. I think most people on hear will understand how you feel. But it's just a few days now and then no condoms for at least 9 months! :D I hope you enjoy your time away and can relax a bit. And when you come home, O will be over and you can count yourself as ttc! I'm intending to do the same in about a week's time.

In other news, I've got a question for you girls: I always said that DH would test together when the time comes and that's still my plan. BUT his birthday is going to be about 8 or 9 DPO. I know that that's really early for testing, but I thought I could do a sneaky test by myself and if it's :bfn: I'll just not mention it. What do you think? Nice surprise or sneaky and depriving him of the experience? I'm torn but obviously can't ask him without ruining the whole plan.

Hey, I would like to joint this thread if ok!

Amygdala, I read your first post in this thread and think I am in similar position to you. I just turned 30 a few months ago and have been with my husband for almost 5 years. I had absolutely no interest in having children etc until about a year ago when for some unknown reason I started to think about it and then 30 approached and now I can't think about anything else!
We both like running and had entered a marathon last sunday (which we completed) and we agreed we'd wait until after that to start trying. I think we will officially be TTC for the first time in about 10 days or so as think AF is due today/tomorrow.

Would be interested to hear about everyone else (I am working my way through reading this thread!) and looking forward to the next year or so!

As for your question re the test, I know the correct answer is to wait but I know that I would probably be too impatient and it would be a nice birthday surprise if it was positive!

Welcome Swiftbaby! :hi:
Congratulations on your marathon! I can't run for even 5 minutes so I'm VERY impressed.
And thanks for your input on my testing question. It's not so much about whether I'm likely to get a :bfp: or not that early though. It's more about whether I should test "in secret" so I can maybe surprise my DH. I know he wants to be there when I test, but I also know he'd love the surprise on his birthday if I actually was to get a :bfp:. I guess I'm wondering whether the surprise would make up for the sneaky testing? I think it would for me but I'm not sure.

good question Amy! i guess if i were in the same boat (i sort of am with SO insisting I do not test without him) i probably wouldn't test without him. if you are BFP, he's going to want to share that first moment with you. just my 2 cents. i'm sure if you are BFP and you decide to surprise him, he won't care because he'll be so excited....but if he's made a point of saying not to test without him--then...? i probably wouldn't do it.

on a side note--i decided this cycle to try OPK, just to see--so I temp, I watch CM, I have pain with O, so thought I'd add something else in to see how it all lines up cuz i'm a little obsessed that way :wacko: I used the clear blue something or other that has a smiley face when it's pos. So last night I got my smiley face right on time (had tried testing on Day 12 & 13 with Negs so yesterday was Day 14 with pos) :) and this morning I think I had what is real EWCM....i had sort of a thicker jelly like a few days ago which I asked you ladies about, then got wetter and this morning for sure--it pulled apart a good few inches :thumbup: Sorry if TMI, but I'm not sure on this forum that is considered TMI :winkwink: So yeah--it all starts to line up around day 14 for me--and FF has nailed my O for day 16 the last 4 months. Oh--and I have a microscope at home that I borrowed from work and my saliva started ferning this morning. How I love all the positive signs...now come on next month :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Okay--I know I'm crazy, it all just fascinates me and I've never given this much attention to my cycle before and how it all changes....good stuff!

Signing off for a few days! Have a great one!

Membas - Have fun girl! I agree, it is really cool to witness what is happening with your body around o-time... all the different signs and symptoms. :thumbup:

Swiftbaby - Welcome!

Amyg - I don't know exactly what to tell you about your particular situation... if you test early and get a BFP and decide to surprise him for his bday that would be great timing and so cute to do, but if you get BFN then I would make sure to throw the test away where he can't stumble upon it, and then def wait for him to test again. If you get a BFP and surprise him for his bday, I would think he'd be too excited to get mad about it! Besides, it's only his bday once a year, it's not like you'll be testing without him after this, the timing is just too good this time around! (Fingers tightly crossed this will be it for you though!!!) :happydance:

My DH's bday is coming up on June 6th, so according to when I possibly O'ed, I could be 12 DPO that day. I am hoping hoping HOPING that I can give him a BFP for his bday. But... I literally have no clue where I am cycle wise, or even if I O'ed at all this time, as this month was sooo wonky and confusing and I am trying not to get too excited. I've been having so many weird symptoms that I haven't noticed before (heartburn, twingy cramping, and even losing my lunch yesterday, ugh!), but am thinking it's too early for ANYTHING as I am only (maybe?!) 5 DPO. I know in my head it is probably all totally coincidental but that doesn't stop me from SSing like a mad-woman!

Who knows? Argh. :dohh:

Welcome to Swiftbaby!

Amyg - I'm too superstitious myself and wouldn't want to test that early. Hoping you get the BFP this month whether you test on bday or elsewise :D

Sweetpea - sorry to hear about your wonky cycle, just what you didn't need right now! grrr to hormones etc!!

Membas - sorry to hear you've been struggling with the wait recently, been there done that know how you feel :flower: for you!

- Dinah

Membas, I am feeling it too! And I am only on CD 6 today... Yesterday at Target I found myself wandering through the breast pump aisle. I'm going crazy! Stay strong, I'm sure there was a reason you and your hubby picked next month as the month to start.

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww. Sweetpea, sorry your cycle was confusing this month. And losing your lunch, ugh! Hoping it is a symptom for you :) Fairybabe, how are things?

Amygdala, I think it would be really cute to try to surprise your husband! I have just done an informal poll and my husband says he wants no surprises, he wants to be there to watch the pee stick turn colors. That's a sample size though so it totally depends on what you think your hubby would like. :)

Swiftbaby, hi! I like running too, but I like to go very slow and for only short distances, haha... :) No marathons for me, I tire out after 3 miles. Good for you!

Now I think I will go make pancakes. We just got up even though it's almost 1pm. Aaah, holiday weekend :)

Sweetpea, I don't want to get your hopes up unnessarily but to me your chart looks like you might have ovulated on day 16 or 17 and this *may* actually be first pregnancy symptoms. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you especially!

Thanks for all your opinions on the testing question. I think I'm going to go for it. I don't believe in "jinxing" things and I think knowing how early it is a :bfn: wouldn't throw me either. DH's never actually said he doesn't want me to test alone, it's just been sort of understood that we'd test together. But if I did get a :bfp: I'd tell him straight away, so there'd really be no difference, other than me not telling him beforehand that I'm gonna test. It'd be so lovely to have a :bfp: for him on his birthday, but with it being so early I really don't want to get his hopes up and then disappoint him.

Hi MrsC2B! Was the implant bad going in? I think the implants sound scary!

Hi zb5

The implant was alright going in, but apparently it gets 'attached' to the tissue in your arm, and they basically have to pull it/cut it out at the same time :? yuk!

Hello girls! Gosh, what a lot of posts in 48hrs! Loved the slime reference!!

Dinah and Sweetpea, welcome to the 2ww!!
And Membas, totally understand the meltdown, but you are so close to chuckng those condoms in the bin! Hang in there.
Amygdala, i'm with you on the testing, would do it quietly on my own, then tell him straightaway if it's good news. As one of the others said, it's just this once cos of the birthday occasion! Fingers X'd!!

And welcome to Mrs C2b! Hope the implant removal goes ok! Just don't look when they do it!

As for me, well, where do i start. Today is 7DPO. My temps are staying fairly stable and high, so that's good. Incredibly sore breasts. And ENORMOUS. Much to OH's delight. Except he's not allowed to touch them! Thing is, i get huge every month, so not sure if it's anything new, but i do feel it's more the whole breast that's sore, rather than just the sides. Nausea was not really there yesterday, mostly none today, just a little wave or two of slight nausea, but as i said, mega stressed at the mo cos of the impending exam, so it just be nerves. Quite intense cramps thurs eve, but just twinges today. But i had those last month. Not as weepy/grumpy yet. Oh and was massively gassy thurs and fri. So in short, I HAVE NO IDEA AND I WANT TO KNOW NOW!!!!! Early preg symptoms are pretty much meant to be the same as pmt. So trying not to drive myself mad. (Not sure am suceeding). Any suggestions on the earliest day i can reliably test???????? God, if this is what i'm like in the very first month, doesn't bear thinking about if it takes a while!
Sweetpea, i share your concerns. I think there's so much stuff in magazines etc about problems making babies that it's easy to believe it's a near impossible task, and to be terrified about being someone who can't. I keep telling myself that the majority of women manage it just fine within less than a year, and apart from my slightly dodgy luteal phase, i have no reason to think i can't have them. PMA!!!! PMA!!!! Ra ra ra!!!

Right. Off to bed. Am pooped.

Babydust to all!!!

Fairybabe

8DPO. OK, temps still good. But the hormones have got to me. Want to ball my eyes out right now!!!! Have just had a lovely BBQ with OH and some friends. They have now gone out to leave me in peace to study and all i want to do is sit here and wail!!!! For no reason!!! I do get like this sometimes with normal pmt, so trying not to read too much into it. Stressing cos i looked at my last charts and i always get to 8DPO ok, it's the next two days where it goes wrong. Have had an insane "i'll never have a baby" moment. Despite the fact it's our first month trying!!! Logical bit of brain says not to be daft. Hormonal part of brain in a soggy heap. Big sigh!!!

So glad we have this forum to share our big wobbles on!

Babydust to all!

Fairybabe xx

Aw Fairybabe, I hope you feel better soon! And fingers crossed for a very speedy :bfp: so you won't have to go through this much longer.

Ladies, let's move!!!

5 months and 40 pages into WTT summer 2010, June is finally upon us. Some of us are already TTC, some have even moved up another level :winkwink: and the others will be trying soon, so it's really time for a new home. No more waiting!:happydance:

So here you go:
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/340720-ttc-summer-2010-girls.html#post5586160

Hope to see you all there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->