TTC summer 2010 - Who's with me?

PS: Membas, just ocurred to me, when you temp, do you do it orally or vaginally? I started doing it orally, but found that it was more varied depending on how good i was at holding it in the right place under my tongue. Switched to the other end, it's easier, adn more reliable i find. And you can still hold a conversation with OH whilst doing it! (Though if you close your thighs together you can't hear the beep!). Hope that wasn't TMI!

Thanks for the tip-I test orally. This morning I first woke early and took my temp--97.3, then again when my alarm went off (after my toss/turn session) 97.7. 97.7 is my normal recording for this phase, but that's because I typically take after tossing and turning ;) Will try this new way for a while, temping at both wakings and see how my chart looks. I'm recording the first waking temp but logging the others too. I already try to cover the beeping of my thermometer so it doesn't wake SO--mine beeps non stop and then gives this triple beep thing when it's done...it's kind of loud when the room is quiet...so he'd be happy if i put it between my thighs :rofl:

Oh my! Have to admit I'm giggling at the thought of lying there talking to DH while a thermometer beeps between your thighs!

I take orally and think I'm gonna stick with it, seems ok for me but has gone better since someone told me to stick it in same place under tongue every morning. Before that I was just sticking it wherever and temps were up and down a lot.

- Dinah

Yeah, I'll probably stick with oral, and I do put it in the same place under my tongue.

Hey ladies!

Dinah - It'll be nice to have a buddy! Don't have a journal yet, have been thinking of starting one though! Maybe after the holiday weekend I'll get on that. :happydance:

Membas - Glad you are getting things worked out with your odd temp spike, I am interested to see how your multi-temping experiment works out! I temp vaginally... whenever I temp orally the temps are all over the place, and while not as good as I'd like, vaginally seems to keep my temps a bit more even. :shrug:

As for me, I had a positive OPK yesterday and the day before that, and today it looks like it's back to negative, so I have a feeling that I'm ovulating today. :thumbup: I've also been having twingy cramps on and off since I woke up this morning. If I get a temp rise in the morning I'll be able to consider myself 1DPO tomorrow!

I have a question for you ladies... does it affect BBT if you go to bed earlier than usual (like three hours earlier), but still take your temp at the same time as usual the next morning? I went to bed really early last night because I just felt so worn out, and I was wondering if that may have messed up this mornings temp? :dohh:

Hey Sweetpea, twould be great to have a buddy :D

As for us, we are currently abstaining since hubby doesn't want to *try* this cycle and since I've had positive OPKs two days in a row we really would be if we went for it atm. I'm ok with it and have warned him that BDing two nights ago without protection could get me pregnant lol.

No dip in temps so I don't know when I'm gonna Ov, maybe the dip will come tmw? Anyway the OPKs have def been positive and quite dark actually. I'm having *tons* of cramps/twinges/stomachache atm and have been for about the last hour (minor twinges earlier in the day) so who knows lol.

God I really hope it just works for us this cycle, I know I'm gonna be terrible if it takes us a while to catch the eggy lol - Poor DH won't know what's hit him!!

- Dinah

Agreed girl!

Even though this is only cycle #1 I am already overly anxious and worried about it. I've spent the last week or so specifically trying to keep calm about it, and am still trying to do so, but it is really hard. I am already driving DH crazy with my incessant "what-ifs"... but I am so nervous about it being difficult for us.

Ah, where's my PMA?!

Speaking of DH, he is actually getting excited I think! He is one of those guys that you can hand a million dollars and he would remain totally expressionless, iykwim. So annoying! But, it seems to me like he is getting really into it and hopeful for this cycle. :happydance:

Still having random twinges, seems to be mostly on the right side. I had a small temp dip this morning, but nothing out of the ordinary. Planning on BDing tonight, and hopefully I'll get a rise tomorrow morning!

FX'ed for you that you got in enough BDing before DH went into hiding! :dohh: It could totally happen for you though, especially with those +OPK's! I'm sure even if he isn't into 100% trying this month, he will be pleasantly surprised at a BFP!

Just realized my new ticker looks like yours! Didn't realize it til now, we must have the same taste. :haha:

Thanks Sweetpea. Yes last night he said it would "be fine" if I got pregnant this cycle *rolls eyes* Had a talk this morning, told him that upset me and he assured me he really meant it would be great/amazing but was tired last night (which tbh is true, he fell asleep pretty much straight after saying htat lol) so yeah we would both be thrilled if it worked this time around.

TBH I'm feeling pretty rough atm. I dunno if I'm just reading too much into random twinges (and surely it would be too early to get any particular symptoms) but if this is pregnancy I don't like it already :rofl: I'm such a wuss!

ETA: lol about the ticker! its a cute one tho isn't it? You've got great taste ;)

GL to you, will be stalking your posts!!
Dinah

Amygdala, yeah I'm not too worried about it but it will be great to have hubby cleaning all the litter! I have been talking for years about how I am going to train my cats to use the toilet but I've never gotten around to it... It would be so convenient though!

Dinah, that's kind of how my hubby was last month. After we did it once during my fertile time he freaked out and said he wanted to go with our original plan of July. Now that it's 2 weeks later (and still May!) he's back to trying to convince me we should try now. Ah... well, I totally understand it because I'm the same way a little. It's such a big decision so it's mentally easier to start slow and ease into it.

Sweetpea, I am also really worried that things won't work out for us easily. Every time something weird happens with my cycle I google it and freak out. But you never know, plenty of people get it the first time around. :) Anyways, I'm just trying not to think too much about it (except when I over-google...). PMA!

PMA! Good idea zb5 :)

It's great to come on here, chat, get reassurance, know you are not alone etc :D :hugs: to everyone!

We have three cats and they all go outdoors. Two catch mice etc tho thankfully not too often these days. I do think I've probably been already exposed to tox.... whatever lol. I dunno if I should have got tested? My GP would probably not do it tbh.

I did get my rubella test and am immune, that was the main one I was worried about :)

- Dinah

Good Luck to SweetPea and Dinah ;)
I'm getting ready to O, at day 13, usually O is day 16--and I'm having lots of EWCM--yea! More than last month too--some of my supplements must be working ;) If I can as a TMI question though--my EWCM is kind of thick...like jelly--not really what I envision as 'egg white'...you know, EW seems more liquid like? I dunno....when I go to the bathroom i get it on the TP and it's just a big glob--guess that's okay. This isnt the first time I've had it--but until the last few months I never paid much attention to how it 'feels' or looks. Twinges in ovaries too--did my first ever OPK last night--neg. but EWCM and twinges just started this morning. I'm just doing all this stuff out of curiosity--I know when I O because of pain and temping....but I like tying it all together!

Hello ladies,

I'm going to be TTC this summer too - wasn't sure if it was going to happen cos of medical stuff :( but we got the all clear to go ahead and TTC when we are ready :) So happy!

Am getting my implant taken out on Tuesday - soooo scared cos I have heard some awful horror stories about how painful it is (*a tad ironic that worrying about this pain, whilst i'm willing to subject myself to the probably far worse pain of childbirth*) but then we can TTC once my periods come back. Fingers crossed!!

Good luck & lots of babydust to everyone still waiting and hoping for this summer!

xxx

Hi MrsC2B! Was the implant bad going in? I think the implants sound scary!

Membas, my EWCM is like that too (jelly-like). There are pictures on the internet of EWCM and most of them look more liquidy but I found one or two that look like mine. I have no idea what it means! But I figure it's good that I at least have some EWCM, some women don't get it at all...

There are so many things to worry about! Is my EWCM normal, is my luteal phase long enough... ugh! It will make me crazy if I think about it too much. I do plan on getting some Pre-Seed for when we start TTC since we like to use lube and want to make sure it's okay for sperm.

Oh, now hubby has walked in the room and wants to read my post.
Me: "Don't read it!".
Him: "baby, you know you can tell me anything."
Me: "you might not enjoy it."
Him: "Oh, are you talking about your slime levels again?"
Haha! Slime levels... boys are funny. Um... yes. Yes I am.

:rofl: at slime levels! Ah... my DH has said some right charmers as well! Men! :haha:

Membas & Zb5 - The first two or three days of my EWCM sounds like you guys are describing... more jelly-like and will come out in like a clump rather than runny, but it's fairly clear. (Gross I know but it reminds me of a loogie, ew! :dohh:) Then after a few days of that, it gets exactly like eggwhites, fairly runny but very stretchy. Then immeadiately after ov it gets super watery, still a bit stretchy but super runny. Right now I'm in the watery phase and constantly feeling like I need to go wipe. :wacko:

good to know--i'm gonna really watch mine over the next few days...i've checked it in the past but never really on a daily basis like this month....the closer we get the more obsessed i become!

I suspect once we actually start trying, the male and female slime will combine and that might help the consistency... it's not all on us!

I suspect once we actually start trying, the male and female slime will combine and that might help the consistency... it's not all on us!

Ahh good thought, hadn't considered that ;)

hi am new to this thread, let me introduce myself. I'm cahrlotte, have one dd aged 3 and am trying to conceive number 2 :) had an ectopic pregnancy in february and a chemical pregnancy in april, so having a bot of a time of it this year already!! ;) sigh, currently getting BFN's at 13 dpo so losing hope, but secretly wishing this could be it. would be great to keep in touch with others ttc this summer, love and baby dust to all :) Charliibee xxxxxxx

Hi Charlotte and welcome! :hi:
Sorry to hear you're having such a hard year so far. Hope the next few months will be a lot better for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->