TTC While Breastfeeding

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Thought I'd set this off as I know I'm not alone but not sure how many of us there are? I had a google and found a couple of forums with this section but they all seem to have died a year ago or something.

Anyone else TTC while still breastfeeding their last (or other) babies/kids?

Me! We are officially TTC now (this is first month!) and I still BF Amelie 2-3 times a day and sometimes one during the night. My periods are irregular and very long and sometimes I don't ovulate. BUT, as much as I want another baby, Amelie is already here and she's my #1 priority. I won't stop BFing her just because I want another. I'd find that selfish of me.

I'm in the same boat with my approach. My periods haven't returned at all but I'm not going to change Theakston's feeds or try & wean him to bring them back :) We're just not using protection (so ntnp) until either a BFP or AF, then I can start trying to chart!

Aww I would have joined in but I was lucky in that I have got pg whilst breastfeeding already :) My periods came back at 8 months and we got pg in the 6th month of trying. Took us much longer with Poppy so it was a big relief. Hope it happens for you very soon girls xx

I am stilling bfing and we are ntnp at the moment too, though I secretly say to myself that we are ttc lol.

At the moment my o/h doesnt 'officially' ttc because he sees this as added pressure and believes what will be will be.

Me! We are officially TTC now (this is first month!) and I still BF Amelie 2-3 times a day and sometimes one during the night. My periods are irregular and very long and sometimes I don't ovulate. BUT, as much as I want another baby, Amelie is already here and she's my #1 priority. I won't stop BFing her just because I want another. I'd find that selfish of me.

I am the same! So glad there's now a group for us!

I can't believe how long it's taking for AF to come back. I feel like a freak lol.

Mine came back at 10 months hun :)

Bec - glad theres a positive story about bf whilst ttc.. 6 months isnt that long at all although the sooner the better for me!

I'm such a hormonal mess today.

On the plus side I've done tonnes of reading and it seems that my body is definitely on it's way to something from the 'symptoms' I've had. Even with him picking up the night feeds I generally have 2 blocks of 6-7hours in 24hours of no feeds and he's on about 6 in 24hours but like the morning feed I count as 2 as he has some, then gets dressed and we move downstairs and he finishes it off iykwim? so it's more like 3-5 in 24hours depending on whats going on.

Meh I have been bfing for over a year (LO turned one last fri) and still no AF! I had some bleeding about a month ago but it lasted only one day so probably not AF!

It's all so random. I'm still having on and off symptoms and getting BFNs. I just keep BD'ing and testing and hoping!

Hey all! Can I join this group? I'm assuming I'll still be BF when I'm ready to start TTC. As of now, I still haven't gotten AF back. I don't think I'm ovulating at all yet either. How much does BF need to cut back on before AF comes back?

Mine came back when Olivia was nine months but she was still feeding 4 times during the day and at least 1 during the night too x

I don't think there's a set amount, everyone is different. I know some people with very needy babies feeding 2hourly & co-sleeping who have AF back within months & then others who don't get it back til a few months after fully weaning off.

I agree with Kitten. Some days I only feed her 3 times AND she sleeps through for 10-12 hours and still nothing! It varies as it depends on how much prolactin you are producing so everyone will be different. I am not prepared to stop JUST so I can have another I dont see that as fair as this is her time to be a baby and be the main focus of our attention. Of course I am broody but more than that I love Alayna and feel that if her needs are met now, then when number 2 comes it will be easier as she will be confident that if she needs me I will be there. I would LOVE to tandem feed but not sure whether that will happen as I cant get preg while BF it seems!

PS: Kitten can I make you a signature???? I make them and I just thought omg theakston is gorgeous he should be in your siggy lmao xxx

Haha yes if you want! Are you on facebook?

Yes I am I am dana mummy adams but not sure whether I am searchable or not let me know if u can find me!!!!

No luck. I'm Sam Lee-Watson (the female one ;)) if you want to find me.

found ya babe!
i wont mention ttc or anything on FB xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"