TTC while Husband has motility trouble

Lee23B

Reaction score
Hi,
My husband and I have been TTC for over a year now. He took the SA twice and both times the results were that he has trouble with motility. I recently went to the gynecologist to get the ball rolling to see what I need to do next. I have always had regular periods and am ovulating every month. My gynecologist recommended that I have labs (TSH, Prolactin, FSH, and Estradiol) drawn on day 3 of my cycle. I could also get the HSG test done to see if there is any blockage of my fallopian tubes but my insurance may not pay for it. She also gave me the option for Clomid/IUI. If I have regular periods and ovulate regularly, do I need to take Clomid? I'm confused and am hoping to get some questions answered.
Should my husband go back to the urologist and see if any of their 'next steps' are the same as my gynecologist's next steps?

Thanks

Clomid is usually suggested because it can help stimulate your ovarys to make larger eggs and possibly multiple eggs and this raises the chance the sperm will catch at least one of the eggs.
the sperm motility can be improved over time , have him avoid toxins and begin taking vitamins if he is not already ,supplements L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-Carnintine are two amino acids thought to improve sperm motility by providing sperm with energy via the transference of fatty acids to the proper location within the body.
Co Q10 or ubiquinol is also great for male fertility ,CoQ10 is found in the highest concentrations inside the mitochondria of all cells. For sperm this is located in the midsection, the area where energy production occurs that powers the tail whip. The higher the blood levels of CoQ10, the greater the sperm’s ability to be strong swimmers. A study in 2009 showed that low levels of CoQ10 in the seminal fluid impacts sperm motility, but supplementation with CoQ10 greatly improved and restored sperm motility in men with very low levels of sperm motility.

One study showed that healthy sperm, with normal morphology (shape), incubated with 50 mg of CoQ10 had a significant increase in sperm motility. That same study also showed that 17 patients with low fertilization rates who supplemented with 60 mg of CoQ10 daily for 103 days had a significant improvement in fertilization rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->