TTC with Home Insemination Kit

Andee1508

Reaction score
Me and my other half are trying to conceive using a home insemination kit.

We have been trying naturally but my OH struggles to finish, think it may be the pressure of knowing that he has to for success.

Any tips from anyone would be greatly received.

So far we have done one insemination on day 11.. wilt a faint line on an OPK this morning, clear cervical mucus and 97.04F temp.

OH donated straight into the syringe as i have read on a few posts that putting it into a cup and then into the syringe can damage the sperm and can also cause wastage, i also had an extension on the end of the syringe to make sure it went in far enough.

I inserted 5ml of Babystart FertilSafe PLUS lubricant and then the deposit and then had an orgasm as adviced by several couples on various forums. I had my legs and hips in the air for 30 mins and then laid in bed for a few hours to make sure nothing was lost.

Going to try another OPK in the morning to see if the line is darker... not sure if we should do this again tomorrow or wait 2 days to go again.....

Thanks in advance xx

Hi there!!! We did natural bd then syringed it then natural...lol Goodness!

My advice it to go in a cup but wait till it becomes more liquid. It will be easier to suck up. Go slow when sucking it up and go slow when inseminating.

I would invest in a softcup or any type of menstrual cup to keep sperm close to your cervix as you orgasm. It is hard for me to use any softcup since giving birth tomy dd 9 years ago. I had a rough pregnancy and delivery. My junk is all out of place....just now trying kegels to strengthen my floor and keep sperm in after the deed. The balls are the only thing that work for me now.

OH and every other day so tomorrow you can go for it. But waiting another day won't hurt unless you get a positive tests then that day and the next day for sure...followed by one more if you can do it...its hard..lol But worth that bfp.

Sorry so long. I've just been there with so many questions. And that's how I conceived my dd sperm in a cup with a syringe and extended tube. My tube was too big back then so I ditched it for the last attempt and wuulah!

FX!!!

Hi there!!! We did natural bd then syringed it then natural...lol Goodness!

My advice it to go in a cup but wait till it becomes more liquid. It will be easier to suck up. Go slow when sucking it up and go slow when inseminating.

I would invest in a softcup or any type of menstrual cup to keep sperm close to your cervix as you orgasm. It is hard for me to use any softcup since giving birth tomy dd 9 years ago. I had a rough pregnancy and delivery. My junk is all out of place....just now trying kegels to strengthen my floor and keep sperm in after the deed. The balls are the only thing that work for me now.

OH and every other day so tomorrow you can go for it. But waiting another day won't hurt unless you get a positive tests then that day and the next day for sure...followed by one more if you can do it...its hard..lol But worth that bfp.

Sorry so long. I've just been there with so many questions. And that's how I conceived my dd sperm in a cup with a syringe and extended tube. My tube was too big back then so I ditched it for the last attempt and wuulah!

FX!!!
Thanks it’s nice to know there are people out there in the same boat as us. This is the first month I’ve ever cheated my temp etc and it’s so confusing!! Today should be my day 12 and my temp it lower than the last two days. ‍♀️

Fingers crossed it all works.
Ax

Yes, when it starts to dip before I get O pain I get excited. Do you use a charting app like Fertility Friend or unpaid on countdown to pregnancy? I've never been one to have my temp jump sky high after O but I see it so much on other ppl charts.

FX

Yes, when it starts to dip before I get O pain I get excited. Do you use a charting app like Fertility Friend or unpaid on countdown to pregnancy? I've never been one to have my temp jump sky high after O but I see it so much on other ppl charts.

FX
I downloaded one called ovia. I also have the clear blue fertility monitor but waiting for more OPK tests to arrive for it x

I wanted to get the monitor but the sticks were all out. I was so ready to put up the cash for it too. I ended up settling for the cbe advanced. It works ok.
Sooooo hoping this is the cycle that ends needing to use them again though. I only have 4 sticks left I think...lol

Fingers crossed for you both! Ftale I'm sooo rooting for you, you are such an inspiration of persistent positivity!

We conceived with donor sperm and the cup&syringe method. I didn't use lubricant because I read if you don't need it for comfort it's better to leave it. I also had a temp dip before ovulation and I found it quite helpful, once I got to know my charts (still had questions and uncertainty every single month though!). I also used a softcup for spillage but not too long, just until we got back home (about 2 hours). I read a study showing that the good motile sperm travels up to the uterus and tubes in under 5 minutes, so the rest is probably not the winners that will fertilize the egg... I still stayed with my hips up for 10-15 minutes just in case.

Wishing you so much luck and success!

Hi, I tried at home, I was using an unreliable donor so ended up needing to go to a clinic. They never used lubricants and advised against them. I also remember reading when I was trying that you shouldn't tilt your hips up too much after insemination as you can cause the sperm to pool at the bottom of the cervix potentially stopping a lot of it getting in to the uterus. A soft cup is a great way of keeping it where you need it. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->