TTC with irregular periods

2angels1baby

Mom of 1 & Pregnant 😄
Reaction score
What signs do I look for to know if I should take a test or if I should wait it out to see if AF is on her miserable little way?
My periods have been pretty spot on each month for years until a few months ago.
Below is a timeline of my history:

October 8, 2015- this is when I started my irregular cycles. I started 4 days early. Regular 5 day flow.

November 8, 2015- AF started and continued through the 19th. Two days off on the 20-21, then started back on the 22nd, finally stopping again on the 27th. That's a whopping 18 days of flow in November!! Tested the day after at Dr office and hormones levels weren't high enough to detect possible miscarriage so Dr decided I was never pregnant at this time.

December 21, 2015- Started again, given what my normal cycles used to be, I would have been just about right on time. This time, AF was pretty light compared to my normal flow, using only a panty liner the entire time. Length of 5 days, also normal.

January 15, 2016- SUPPOSED to start.

Today, January 25, 2016- STILL have not started. This makes me 10 days late!!

I have been diagnosed with multiple cysts on my ovaries and a fibroid somewhere in there (can't remember where exactly) but GP wasn't too concerned with the location.

DH and I have been TTC for almost 3 years now.

1st pregnancy ended in miscarriage.
2nd pregnancy had a live birth at 37 wks 😄.
3rd pregnancy (a yr ago) ended in mismarriage.

I also found out I have MTHFR, which has been passed down to me from both parents, causing me to have a higher risk for miscarriage 😢

SYMPTOMS I'm having are pretty much the same symptoms I've had since my hormones started acting up, convincing me I'm pregnant and then finding out I'm not.

Thanks for reading my story and for helping!! Baby dusty to all 😁

Hi! I have irregular periods too. I can't really tell when my period is coming, unless I can take note of my ovulation week by noting cm - my period always comes 2 weeks after. Are you doing anything to pinpoint your O date?

No pin pointing... not even sure if I am ovulating at all, to be honest! OB prescribed me Chlomid but at that time, DH and I decided it wasn't the best time to start since we are house hunting so it's still sitting on my bookshelf in my bedroom. We were going to do an O test at the dr office but I missed my appointment. I have a check up tomorrow afternoon so we'll see!!

Wow, you are so strong to still be hanging in there after all this time! Figuring out if you are ovulating will be the first step for you. Many women on this board temp to confirm they are ovulating.

Strong? Nah... I just have too much to do that keeps me going lol. I didn't even realize I was late until day 10!

UPDATE: Went to appointment today and spent 2 hours in the lobby! BUT this particular OB likes to be sure and spend time with each and every patient, giving her the time she needs to go over ANYTHING she is troubled with! More Docs should be this way!
Preg test came back BFN! I have to say I was shocked to find out that I am not pregnant (or I am but tested too early). Doc said bc my periods have been running irregular lately, my ovulation runs late, too so there is still some hope for a pregnancy just yet :)
She also said that if I don't start my period in a week (and a preg test is negative) or if my cramping continues and does not stop (since it has been going on for a week now), then I should call and figure out what the next step will be!
Wish me luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->