tumble dryers?

fulltimemum

Reaction score
how many of you girls have one .and how often do you use it .i have mine on nearly 24/7 my meter goes down so quick thinking of getting some close horses to dry some clothes on xxxxxxxx

I have one and only use it if its raining and I need clothes drying desperately!

Mine has been broke a few weeks! love my dryer too :( been drying things on the line, dry in no time with this wind lol, although I hate the feelings of towels off the line! need to buy a new one asap for the winter coming x

We have one and use it for most stuff. Maybe not Jeans and towels we put them in for 5 mins at the end to soften them up, you could try that kinda like best of both worlds x

I use mine all the time, I cant stand that stifness clothes get when they are on a clothes horse or radiator especially jeans and towels. I dont have a meter but my bills have just gone up to £208 per month!!! Oh is threatning to cut the plug off lol x

I only use my tumbler when i really need to. otherwise i use a clothes horse - you can get a 3 tier one in wilko for £10 at the mo, they're great as they don't fall over easily.

Alternatively as we're getting closer to winter you can get airers that hang on the radiators which are useful as you can then use their heat to dry the clothes. however you can't hang them on electric storage heaters or convector heaters.

every load of washing gets stuck in the dryer lol

im guna start to try n do one load a day so i dont have to use it so often. ive found hangin certains iteams on a clothes horse dries them out but its worth a try

Havent got one. When its winter or raining we use our 2 clothes horses. We manage, but im not sure if we would with 3 kids like u. x

I use mine far to much.. same with the dishwasher!

Actually im a liar, our washer is a washer/dryer :dohh: but we dont use it, except on very rare occasions. Its not as good as a normal dryer.

I use mine quite a lot but I try to put it out on the line when the weather is ok. I've got a clothes horse which I stick in front of the gas fire in the winter but we haven't got any radiators in our house so I have to stick most things in the tumble drier xx

ours is massive to :( holds 7kg!

Only really when I need clothes desperately- I'd love to have it on a lot more but I just can't afford the electricity bills! I have a feeling it'll be on a lot more once baby no.2 arrives!

I only use mine when I really need to. My washing machine is a 1600 spin so things dont come out toooooo wet. If it is dry outside I will put stuff out there, plus on the airer in the spare room first. But if I need something quicker or no room on airers then I will us dryer. I am very pickey about what I put in there though, wont put my tops, bras, jeans, some trousers etc.

I was just shopping around for one today. It's normal here in Aus to just hang your clothes on a clothesline. we have such nice weather that you can easily get it dry in half a day..But with my work I think we need one, as I can't always wash during the day

I dotn have a dryer hopefully will soon though.... its really hard in the winter trying to get loads of washing dry i do at least 1 wash a day with 3 kids.... we use the radiators and clothes horse and the line outside when weather permitting...

I too have 3 kids(soon to be 4)and tend to use my dryer ALL the time I know I should put it on the line or the radiators but this time of year it is ALWAYS raining in cumbria.:growlmad:

In a typical day I do at least one load of washing sometimes more if beds have been changed etc,god knows how much washing I'll have when bubs arrives suddenly just remembered all those sicky bibs and babygrows how can such a small person make so much mess:shrug::haha:

Mine broke in November 2008 and I actually cried over it, I was so reliant on it :blush:

I have managed without one though as we just haven't had the money to buy a new one. I use our radiators to dry things but it does take ages and I've constantly got a backlog of washing because of it which annoys me so much. I have got a washing line but our dog pulled things off it so I found that I was rewashing things cos he'd get them dirty so gave up with that after about a month! I also don't like the stiffness clothes get when they've been dried on the line or a radiator.

I tend to do 1-2 washes a day, so that used to go into the dryer for about 2-3 hours depending on what it was.

I am so getting a new dryer before this baby arrives!

we had one when joshua was born but it broke.
we have only just got another one. (from freecycle)
it will only be used to dry napoies when baby#2 comes and if its raining and we are desperate for clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->