Tumblr.....anyone?

Mellybelle

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to chat to someone who is a bit of an expert, or knows anything at all about Tumblr.

i read a couple of blogs on tumblr, so not an expert by any means, but i know a weeny bit. Will help if i can?

I could help?

Not an expert but know a little bit? xx

Thanks ladies. i replied here a couple of days ago on my phone and it didnt post!

I want to read my daughters blog on tumblr. Not because I am a snoopy parent, but she has been self harming and I want to understand more. I think her boyfriend is also self harming. She tells me that she doesnt know what her trigger is. I think she is something of an 'agony aunt', and this concerns me. A teen is not able to deal with other self-harming/suicidal teens and I think some of the emotions have spilled over to her own.

Anyway.... I've created a tumblr account. I cant figure out how to read a blog. I've tried 'following' her boyfriends blog but I dont know how to read it! My daughter would recognise my email address. Does it show up as a notification if I 'follow' her? How can I change my screen name as I think i've created one that she would recognise.

Again, I'm not being snoopy, just a very concerned mum.

I didn't think u had to subscribe to read a blog unless u wanted to write on it? I read a friend's blog but I'm not subscribed at all and not a follower. And I've seen lots of posts on his wall from ppl just called anon so u can do a lot without giving any details I think?
:hugs:

Thanks. I cant read anything. She just seems to have lots of pictures. Thats why i thought I must need an account to sign in to read the blog

That's what Tumblr mostly is, pictures :hugs:

If she's written anything though it'll just be on her page whether you follow her or not xxx

When you follow someone, they'll get a notice on their dash (similar to FB's news feed) that says "username started following you". It won't have your email address.

Unless it's a password protected blog (which it isn't, because you can see stuff on it) it doesn't even matter if you have a Tumblr or not, you can read it.

And yes, Tumblr is mostly pictures. If her theme has a search box, you might be able to search tags such as "personal", which is commonly used for that reason.

Having said all this, if she finds out you may have broken a lot of trust with her, and I don't know if that's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->