Tummy time??

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Sorry - I seem to be asking sooo many questions these last few days....:blush:

This one is about Tummy time.....I know it's good to let them have tummy time every day, but how old should they be before you start with it?? And how long each day should you allow them to lie on their tummy??

Chloe hated tummy time,she's still not keen, we started straight away but it would only be a few seconds before she started screaming, at about 3 months she would do it for a minute or two and even smile for a photo but that was it, its only this last week, that she's started rolling that she doesnt mind it, as she puts herself on her tummy

They can start from the day they are born.

Start it ASAP, I thought I had to wait till she was 8 weeks, didn't start it till 3 or 4 weeks and now she can't lift her head like she should! I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. She'll stay down there for 5-6 minutes at a time without crying so I put her down 3-4 times a day. She's just lazy. Don't be alarmed if she just lays there at first!

My pediatrician recommended starting around 6 weeks, though you can start earlier. It's good to get them to do it at least once a day to begin with for 15 minutes or so and than work up to twice a day. You may want to buy a tummy time pillow, it seems to help a lot of babies who hate tummy time learn to tolerate it (certainly worked for Hannah).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->