turning baby

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering what the medical terminalogy for having the baby turned is called?
also can you refuse to have this done and if so what kind of reasons would they accept etc, i dont feel comfortable having it done if i need it but not sure me saying that is going to be enough

Lou
xxx

You can say no, its your birth. You can elect for a C-sec in those circumstances x

my mother is law swears OH brother was born with dislocated hips because of being turned, i dont want to risk that! when i said that to midwife last week she was like its very unlikely but i dont want to take any risks!

Lou
xxx

https://www.rcog.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=2309

Found this. Hope it helps. x

ECV - External cephalic version You don't have to give a reason if you want to refuse it. I would talk through the risks with your MW and see what she advises before making a decision.

thanks girls, im hoping the naughty baby will turn by herself but she has been firmly wedged into this position now for about 10 weeks and doesnt ever seem to move its scary seeing her head stick up out of my tummy.

thanks for the replies

Lou
xxx

:rofl: Have they done a scan to check it's not her bum sticking out? They thought Caitlyn was breech but she was head down, it was her bum sticking out!

Hi, my LO was breech from around 18 weeks, and she didnt turn. I was advised to have a ECV, but after research i decided i didnt want it done.
You dont have to give a reason, as it is completely your decision. I had my LO by c section on the 22nd Oct and i know have a perfectly healthy 3 week old.

It's up to you, but if you decide not to, your dr can refuse to do a v-birth, you'd have to check with them. I know someone who had an ECV, and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->