TV or Table Dinner

tinkerbelle2

Mummy & a loss May2011
Reaction score
Do you sit at the table as a family for dinner or are you the TV dinner sort?
Just wondering if the old round a table tradition is dying out?
thoughts?

We have tv dinners but only because there's no space for a table in our house. I can't wait til we move so we can get a table. It might be a bit tricky getting OH to sit at the table though he likes his TV dinners!

We sit at the table most nights. But on Saturdays or if we have a takeaway we have a tv dinner.

Didn't know which to select on your poll though. Do two of us count as a family?!:shrug:

There's only two of us (me and oh) and we still sit at the table to eat :)
The only time we'll eat in the living room is if we are having a takeaway as a treat then we'll sit in the living room sometimes.

Yes we eat at the table as a family :) the only time we sit on the sofa is when we're having a takeaway

always at the table. even if the kids have a biscuit I still make them sit at the table to eat it but thats mostly because they leave a trail of crumbs behind them otherwise.

A bit of both so I didn't vote. Because OH works till late we have a tv dinner as the kids are in bed by that time, the kids though will have a dinner at the table. If he is off though we all have dinner together. :)

TV at the moment as we don't have a table - there's one in the kitchen but it's covered in crap. Once we've moved and Joels a little older I want to instill table eating :)

Just me and DH..we don't have a table because there isn't much space in our tiny kitchen. Hopefully, our next place will have room because I get tired of him slopping stuff on the sofa :dohh:.

Whenever we go visit our families it's always around the table. If we had children, we would sit at the table.

We have a table in our frontroom, but I am REALLY guilty of throwing crap over it then when it comes to dinner, we just end up on the couch and Jake has his table and chairs. But I am putting a stop to it soon, as I do enjoy eating together as a family, at the table.

Table dinner although we do have the odd tv dinner is B has already eaten.

growing up we sat at the table together for dinner at 6pm.

we do the same now. No one eats until everyone is seated, you have to say your prayers and you cant get up until everyone is done (these are our rules we made as a family)

Sitting down for dinner as a family is very important to me, even if it's just one parent and the boys. The TV is shut off at meal times and we have conversations. In our house the rule is that everyone stays at the table until everyone is done eating as I consider it rude to get up. On occassion we will have a living room picnic and eat on the couch or floor but these are special treats. I think it is very important to start this tradition early and to continue it into the teen and early adult years. It helps everyone to connect as a family and keep you involved in your children's lives as they grow older.

When we move house we will always eat at the table. But that is oly because we will have carpet in the front room and will be buying a more expensive sofa so don't want it getting ruined if it can be avoided.

4 out of 7 nights a week table and the other 3 tv mainly fri, sat and sun haha

It depends for us but mainly table dinners. If madam eats with us then it is always table but if it is just me and o/h then tv all the way!

We have our table in the conservatory as its to big to fit in our living room with our sofa's so we tend to eat in front of the tv in the winter and then have meals in the conservatory in the summer. Callum sits at his own table and chair to eat his meals though as usually he gets fed first unless its a weekend xx

A mixture! At the moment it's in front of the tv as all our stuff is packed ready for moving but generally we eat at the table unless it's something quick or were eating late whatever x

On the rare occasion I get to eat dinner with my hubby we sit at the table but for he most part it's just me so I'll sit on the sofa.

Not sure what to put on the poll though. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->