TV surprises, are they real?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I wrote a FB status about this today and was joking that it couldn't be real but I've been wondering about it all day so thought I'd put it to you guys and see what you think! You know when shows 'surprise' people who have won something by just turning up at their house, do you think it's real? The winners always look TV ready and have nice tidy houses and things, which I find hard to believe when it is literally every single person who has ever won anything; never have I seen someone be like oh sorry can't come to the door I'm still in my jammies at 6pm.

and they always have a camera filming the view from inside the house huh? :haha:

They probably surprise them on the phone a few days before and then tell them to act surprised when the camera's show up :haha:

A few years back a series of come dine with me was filmed in Dundee and I was one of the taxi drivers. We got given a contestant each for the week (it was when they did 5) and we had to take them to and from whichever house they were at that night. My guy told me that literally every time someone spoke they asked them to change the line slightly and reshot it, he said they did a joke 5 times and by the time time they got the last take they could hardly laugh as it just wasn't funny anymore. He said the interruption from film crew and guidance about what to say spoiled what were easily flowing evenings of fun. So I. Convinced now that literally nothing is genuine on TV

^ i have read some stories about CDWM too, its ridiculous

Oh yeah I can totally believe that! When I was in the Jeremy Kyle audience they have people telling you when to boo or clap or cheer and when you boo on cue Jeremy goes "oh look at the British public judging already" :dohh:.

I don't think anything on tv is genuine. Just one example is with the shows on HGTV. They have a series called , 'Buying the Bayou' where someone is searching for a house and they look at 3 and then decide. Well, my cousin has a house on the bayou in Louisiana where this is filmed. He uses it as a vacation house for fishing trips. They paid him to let them use his house as one of the 3 the couple were interested in. At the end of the show, the couple chose my cousin's house and it even showed them sitting on his front porch in the swing '2 months later' enjoying their new home. All fake!

Yeah I find it surprising how they look camera ready when they turn up at the doors. Like someone else said they probably know beforehand and fake the surprised reaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->