TV??

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Do you but your LO in front of the TV and if so for how long per day?

I'm just getting a bit worried Noah watches too much, although he loves it and sits there giggling & smiling, I dnt want him turning in to a goggle box!?

If he's being a grump Cbeebies seems to calm him, also when I sit on the sofa to give him his btl he twists his head to see the TV

Surely its not healthy?

xx

Kaya's like this as well, I might be being daft but I only let her watch the news and educational progs lol. I think a little time's ok, but you have to balance it out with other stuff - I read Kaya poetry, play with her and try to let her see me reading books.

I think TV is ok...as long as there not sat infront of the TV for the whole day and you get out and do other things too then I see no problem.

Ella watches quite a bit although I have cut it down she has it on in the morning and when Im making tea so I can do it in peace. Used to have it on in the day too but now make her play with her toys or colour or read books instead as I think she was starting to watch too much.

But we do so much outside of the house too, she spends two days a week at nana's while I work we go to music on a Thursday and soft play and to the park ect...I think its a cse of getting the right balance.

Noah is only 4 months, but Ella used to watch TV from a young age like Noah it calmed her and she was mesmirised, she is also very bright knows all her colours, shapes can count ect and talks really well....Dora definatly helped with the counting!

Jack doesn't really watch the TV In the night garden is about all he will sit and watch, but saying that it is on most of the day tuned to Cbeebies :roll:

Its just like background really and we are playing at the same time

*hmm this is why my electric is so high*

Ahhh "In the Night Garden". People without children have never heard of it yet it is my bedtime/bathtime saviour! That and sometimes a bit of Storymakers is all they see usually as we're getting their bath ready/getting them dried and dressed as it chills them out. Well I say "chills them out" - turns them into drooling zombies more like! :rofl:

DH and I are addicts now. I'm sure there is a hidden adult/sexual theme to that program! :rofl:

I've got a couple (literally) of DVDs - Bob the Builder and an Actions Songs DVD that I put on if they're super whingy and I've run out of entertainment ideas.

That said they will go mental for remote controls and mobile phones like I'm some sort of TV/mobile junky! LOL!

Ahhh "In the Night Garden". People without children have never heard of it yet it is my bedtime/bathtime saviour! That and sometimes a bit of Storymakers is all they see usually as we're getting their bath ready/getting them dried and dressed as it chills them out. Well I say "chills them out" - turns them into drooling zombies more like! :rofl:

DH and I are addicts now. I'm sure there is a hidden adult/sexual theme to that program! :rofl:

I've got a couple (literally) of DVDs - Bob the Builder and an Actions Songs DVD that I put on if they're super whingy and I've run out of entertainment ideas.

That said they will go mental for remote controls and mobile phones like I'm some sort of TV/mobile junky! LOL!

lol in the night garden is so strange!

We have loads of disney DVD's for Ella (more of an exscuse for us I think!) she loves toy story at the moment stands of the sofa and jums of saying 'to infinity and beyond'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->