TW...Advice please!!

Laeyla

Reaction score
We started weaning my lil guy at around 4 and 1/2 months (no negative comments pls). So far I've been making it all at home, well..except for cereal. Now that he's going to be 6 months on the weekend I am soooo confused as to what he can/cannot have and how much how often. Everything you read says something different. Right now he's only getting lunch/dinner. So far he's had rice cereal, oat cereal, and barley (although he is NOT a fan of the barley..). Apples, Pears, and Bananas (I mash the fruit with fork). For Veg he's had peas, sweet potato, and squash. Tried avocado...hates it, lol.
I tried giving him turkey the other day but he gagged on it and vomited right away...I tried again today mixing it with rice cereal but he still gagged?? Any suggestions? I cooked it and pureed it. I was thinking of maybe mixing it with sweet potato?
I guess I am just finding it extremely stressful as to trying to find out what he can/cannot have and everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions or websites they would recommend?
Do you think I should add in breakfast now?
He also neverrrr turns away when he's full....I've given him 4tbsp of cereal, 2 ice cubes of veg and 2 tbsp of fruit for dinner and he's still sitting there with his mouth open...It just seems like a LOT to give him at once.

His schedule is:
8am: 8oz bottle
1130am: 8oz bottle
1215pm: Lunch - 3-4tbsp cereal 2 cubes of veg
330pm: 8oz bottle
530pm: Dinner - 3-4tbsp cereal, 2 cubes of veg, 2 tbsp fruit
745pm: 8oz bottle

At 6 months he can have anything apart from undercooked eggs, raw honey and whole nuts

You can always offer breakfast and see how it goes, mine was having breakfast at 5.5/6 months

I recommend anabel karmel, her recipes are yummy, it also says how many portions that dish will make so I use that as a guideline. For meat I slow cook it in stews and then blend it so it's nice and soft

My DS loves his food, at that age he was taking 6 cubes of veg followed by 2/3 of veg, now he eats his lunch, has dessert and then if he's still looking for food he gets a rice cake or bit of toast xx

I think by 6 months they can have mainly anything unless there are allergies in the family or something.

I'm holding off meat for my LO until shes about 8 months :) but thats just what I'm gonna do personally.
Also my LO is only on two meals a day too, breakfast at 8amish and then lunch a little after 11am . But whatever works for your baby and you then I think thats what you should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->