Twilight shift

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone here work a twilight shift?

I'm looking at working in a supermarket for some much much needed extra money. My partner finishes work at 4pm Monday to Friday. We have a 6 year old and a 4 year old. My mother in law was very negative about it saying the kids will want me at home. Its going to be a flexi contract if I get the job (had an interview already) with a minimum of 10 hours and maximum of 25 hours over 3 to 5 days.

My MIL has annoyed me a bit as she has been negative but I have no other choice but to work those hours.

Just after some honest experiences from people who have worked these shifts.

Your children will get used to it quickly and possibly appreciate you more on the evening when you are at home cooking dinner! Don't let your MIL get in your head, I'm sure she didn't let anyone judge how she raised her children - and these are your, not hers.

I have worked throughout my Ds's life, some weeks I work a couple of afternoons a week, other weeks I'm out from 4 on a Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday - and then there are the weeks when I'm out Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m till 10.00 p.m. At all times I know my son is being well looked after by family and friends who love and care about him, and when I'm not working we have a lovely time together. Good luck.

Thank you! I'm kind of looking forward to bringing some money in and think it will do my children good as well, particularly my daughter who, at the moment, will only let me put her to bed!

I need to learn to let my MIL's comments (over this and in general) go over my head! Drives me mad!

Thank you! I'm kind of looking forward to bringing some money in and think it will do my children good as well, particularly my daughter who, at the moment, will only let me put her to bed!

I need to learn to let my MIL's comments (over this and in general) go over my head! Drives me mad!

You'll be fine and someone else in the family will do something that irritates her more and you working will just become a snide wee comment at birthdays and Christmas's and you'll brush it off because you are getting more from working and having your own money and your children are more appreciative and learning to be independent and your daughter is seeing a confident independent role model. You'll be fine.

You will be fine! I've done 4pm - 12am in previous jobs and 12 hour night shifts from 8-8, all with 2 children around your kids age! It is tiring dont get me wrong, but your used of it anyway with having kiddies lol! Plus companies pay you extra for evening or night shifts which is always an added bonus :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->