twin mamas to be when are you due and what/who are you having?

Hey there!

I am having mono-di identical girls and my 40 week due date is March 3rd. I've been told 36 weeks and 37 weeks so I'm not 100% sure when we are going to actually have them. Could be Feb 3rd or the week after. I was also told that around 34 weeks they will make up their mind about natural vs section.

This is our first (and second) so clueless and just trying to enjoy the ride :) At our 28 week scan on Monday we found out that their weights are 2 lbs 10 oz and 2 lbs 11 oz roughly so Im just glad that they finally evened out with their weight. Hoping they continue to grow at the same pace now :)

I feel your uneasiness about the soft markers - I've thought a lot about it this week, and no matter what the outcome, I will love my little girls more than anything, extra chromosomes or not:) It is such a nervewracking time and we are emotional anyways...I try to remind myself to take deep breaths and remind myself that everything will be ok! It will be for you too! **hugs**

I'm so jealsous! I've gained like 50lbs! Lol..... no weight loss here. ;) Dr's are not worried, neither am I. :) I won't have much trouble losing it when I start my fitness programs.

Both my babies had soft markers. Baby a has a plexus cyst in the brain and baby B has an echo genie folic in the heart. I was crushed for about 2 weeks. They say both are normal markers, we have a follow up scan for A on the 20th and B on the 24th. It will not be at ease until I hold my babies and know for sure. <3 But, I've asked Santa for both babies to be cleared by the 24th for my Christmas gift. ;) lol

I feel your uneasiness about the soft markers - I've thought a lot about it this week, and no matter what the outcome, I will love my little girls more than anything, extra chromosomes or not:) It is such a nervewracking time and we are emotional anyways...I try to remind myself to take deep breaths and remind myself that everything will be ok! It will be for you too! **hugs**

I'm so jealsous! I've gained like 50lbs! Lol..... no weight loss here. ;) Dr's are not worried, neither am I. :) I won't have much trouble losing it when I start my fitness programs.

Both my babies had soft markers. Baby a has a plexus cyst in the brain and baby B has an echo genie folic in the heart. I was crushed for about 2 weeks. They say both are normal markers, we have a follow up scan for A on the 20th and B on the 24th. It will not be at ease until I hold my babies and know for sure. <3 But, I've asked Santa for both babies to be cleared by the 24th for my Christmas gift. ;) lol

((Hugs)) to you too. I'm at the same point as you. I will love my babies no matter what. There's no point on obsessing over it, which I did at 1st... cause there's nothing that can be done anyways.. we will get through this. <3

Did you have a nuchal scan done? Or the MaterniT21 test? I had my MaterniT21 this past Monday, so hoping to have the results sometime next week...

((Hugs)) to you too. I'm at the same point as you. I will love my babies no matter what. There's no point on obsessing over it, which I did at 1st... cause there's nothing that can be done anyways.. we will get through this. <3

I am so excited!! Mid January-early April is going to be a busy time for all us mommies to be :)

I'm having di/di girls- being induced in 10 days if they don't come any earlier- that'll be 38 weeks for me.

I'm having di/di girls- being induced in 10 days if they don't come any earlier- that'll be 38 weeks for me.

Thats amazing I just cant imagine with how uncomfortable I already am making it to 38 weeks. I really want them to be healthy and everything ok even at my own expense but wow Congrats.

Thats amazing I just cant imagine with how uncomfortable I already am making it to 38 weeks. I really want them to be healthy and everything ok even at my own expense but wow Congrats.

10 days! Wow! What seems mad is that I've kind of always thought of you as a 'little bit' further on than me! At the minute I can't imagine going as far as 38 weeks. I've really become uncomfortable now. How are you feeling?

Brandy, it's exciting isn't it! It's going to be a busy few months ahead! In some ways feel like I've been pregnant for years but in others it feels like 5 minutes since I was thinking I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be 33 weeks~ now I'm here!

We are all so blessed. :cloud9:

I feel for all of you with worries but think that you have the right attitudes. We will love our little twin miracles, no matter what. I'm 38 now and we decided to decline all of the tests (except the scans) as we didn't want to worry.. It's only occasionally that I remember and think 'what if?'. We didn't have any tests with our daughter either.

The twins are growing well and aren't far off average for size on the singletons chart which my consultant thinks is great.... I however am a bit concerned I'm going to deliver two 8lb babies which is worrying! :dohh:

10 days! Wow! What seems mad is that I've kind of always thought of you as a 'little bit' further on than me! At the minute I can't imagine going as far as 38 weeks. I've really become uncomfortable now. How are you feeling?

Brandy, it's exciting isn't it! It's going to be a busy few months ahead! In some ways feel like I've been pregnant for years but in others it feels like 5 minutes since I was thinking I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be 33 weeks~ now I'm here!

I feel for all of you with worries but think that you have the right attitudes. We will love our little twin miracles, no matter what. I'm 38 now and we decided to decline all of the tests (except the scans) as we didn't want to worry.. It's only occasionally that I remember and think 'what if?'. We didn't have any tests with our daughter either.

The twins are growing well and aren't far off average for size on the singletons chart which my consultant thinks is great.... I however am a bit concerned I'm going to deliver two 8lb babies which is worrying! :dohh:

Ya I am really excited! Going into this when the doctor said Oh there is Baby A and I said OMG is there a B since you started with the alphabet I thought I was going to go this alone... It's so nice to have the support and knowledge of the other twin moms and the twin mommies to be. Although I myself and already a singleton mom I really feel there is a huge difference... the level of care and worries are so different before and after birth. I really feel it takes a twin mom to REALLY know what we face and or are already dealing with.

I appreciate you all :) <3 and I cant wait to see pictures of all the happy healthy babies to come!

Ya I am really excited! Going into this when the doctor said Oh there is Baby A and I said OMG is there a B since you started with the alphabet I thought I was going to go this alone... It's so nice to have the support and knowledge of the other twin moms and the twin mommies to be. Although I myself and already a singleton mom I really feel there is a huge difference... the level of care and worries are so different before and after birth. I really feel it takes a twin mom to REALLY know what we face and or are already dealing with.

I appreciate you all :) <3 and I cant wait to see pictures of all the happy healthy babies to come!

It's just incredible isn't it? I have to keep telling myself that when I'm in pain or can't get up of the sofa!

This group is lovely and like you say - even if you have already been pregnant with one it's sooooooo different that it's great to have other twin mums/mum to be's there for support. I have a friend that keeps telling me that because there is only 15 months between her chn it's virtually that sane as having two..... Erm..... :shrug: it's nice to read/chat with people who are going through the same thing.

It's just incredible isn't it? I have to keep telling myself that when I'm in pain or can't get up of the sofa!

This group is lovely and like you say - even if you have already been pregnant with one it's sooooooo different that it's great to have other twin mums/mum to be's there for support. I have a friend that keeps telling me that because there is only 15 months between her chn it's virtually that sane as having two..... Erm..... :shrug: it's nice to read/chat with people who are going through the same thing.

haha yes, I have already had that response from other parents so it's already driving me nuts. When I am trying to change 2 diapers, feed 2 babies, wash dishes, and make dinner all at the same time we will see how similar it is.

Did you have a nuchal scan done? Or the MaterniT21 test? I had my MaterniT21 this past Monday, so hoping to have the results sometime next week...

No. I've had no additional testing. They told me the genetic screening was going to be inaccurate anyways because we already new about the twins. The ultrasound tech said she saw no more markers than just the 1 for each.

I have mixed feelings on all this but ultimately you have to have an amino or cvs to really know for sure which I will not even consider risking.

Is the testing you had done just bloodwork?

~Brandy
You couldn't be more right. Only another twin mom can relate to this experience. And the support here has been very reassuring. :)

Runningmom, I did just do the blood test called materniT21. Even if its positive, I'm not going to do an amino. My doc said this test is pretty much definitive, with a 98% detection rate of chromosomal abnormalities. I wouldn't want to take the risks with the amino:\

I'm very uncomfortable/ and most recently exploded in size- between babies and swelling I just hit the 40lb mark- complete with stretch marks and super itchy belly. I'm surprised I'm almost 37 weeks!! Babies ultrasound estimates were 5lb 8oz and 5 lb 12oz.. Although they can be off.. But I'm guessing I'll deliver 6lb babies roughly. I'm hoping I go naturally before the induction- both babies are currently head down so hoping for a vaginal birth :)

And yes, the discomfort is worth it, although I'm ready to tap out. All you ladies will be just fine. Just don't feel guilty about slowing down A LOT in the last few weeks...

Yes I am keeping an eye on your posting Want2be!! I can't wait to hear the labor/birth announcement ;)

Hey everyone, I'm 19 weeks right now EDD is 17th of may, my First daughters birthday but doubt they will be full term as having twins also

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->