twin mamas to be when are you due and what/who are you having?

Hi ladies just wanted to let you know I had my little ones via c section last Friday I was 36 weeks exactly. I had to have a scheduled c section due to Baby A being too small and me developing pre-eclampsia. It was a mostly horrible experience but mostly because of where I was giving birth as a western woman giving birth in Korea was a horrible experience. The night before the operation I had to be monitored and my husband was not allowed to stay with me. I started having contractions on my own and it seemed one of the babies was under a bit of distress for this they then confined me to the most uncomfortable bed that I could not recline or move up or anything I had to pee in a bed pan and no one would help me. The surgery went fine although I was terrified because they only do general anesthesia. The pain started afterwards and was awful. The nurses were so unhelpful they expected me to change beds on my own 20 minutes after the procedure and they would not help me get up or anything DH had to help me with everything. They didn't want to let me see the babies at all because they were twins that was their reason I was so mad that they eventually had to see it my way. My daughter Vivienne had to go to the NICU for observation because she was weighing 4 pounds 7 ounces luckily she was super healthy and doing everything as she should so she got released with me. My son Alonso was born weighing 5 pounds 14 ounces and also super healthy thank god he also got to come home with me on day 4. I unfortunately have not been able to get rid of the pre-eclampsia and have been either in horrible pain from the c section or this horrible neck pain that seems to spike up with my blood pressure. Even though the whole experience has been a sort of nightmare I am so happy I have my little ones at home with me. For all you expecting still I do tell you sleep as much as you can while you can. My little ones aren't the greatest eaters and one bottle seems to drag to the next and I can't feed them both at the same time yet as they seem to choke quite a bit so night time wakings take forever. I will add a picture in a bit. Good luck to everyone on here even if your birth experience isn't so great like mine the ultimate reward is awesome so just focus on that.

Here are my little ones Alonso and Vivienne.

Attachments

• IMG_2014112138456.jpg
    IMG_2014112138456.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 12
So sorry you had an awful experience :cry: Glad your little ones are fit and well and able to come home so you didn't have to stay there! Your babies are beautiful!! x congratulations x

congratulations on your two beautiful babies!

We went for our second scan yesterday. I'm right around 11 1/2 weeks and both babies looked healthy and happy! I swear one of them waived at us. It was a huge relief to see them. I was surprised how much more emotional it was seeing them this time around.

She didn't do any precise measurements but estimated heartbeats around 140 and said everyone looked right on track. Next appointment 12/31/14.

This twins forum has been such a helpful place during these first few weeks. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to post about their experiences! :happydance:

Seoul I congratulated you on our other thread but wow this one has more details of your experience! So sorry you had to go through that! I have to admit im very scared of a c section.
At my 24 week scan Monday they estimated baby a (girl) to weigh 1 lb 8oz and baby boy 1lb 9oz. So coming right along!

Seoul I followed your journey the best I could and I remember when you first found out about the twins you were concerned about the cultural aspects of delivery. I am sorry that it happened as it did.. But you're right the pay off was the best part I'm sure.

Congratulations they are beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"