twin mamas to be when are you due and what/who are you having?

Snowy fairest, congratulations! Beautiful pics of gorgeous girls X

Snowfairest I had a feeling you had your little ones in your arms as you had not been on recently congratulations they are beautiful xx

biophysical profile this morning: babies fine

but, i'm now toxemic/pre-eclampsia

so.... cervix unfavorable + neither baby's dropped - she could feel feet closest to cervix, high up. rather than try for a failed induction, we're skipping straight to c-sec at 2pm today - i head to the hospital in an hour

prayers, please!

Thank God it's almost over - i don't think i could have taken another day

Prayers to you fides!!! Hope all goes perfectly for you and your sweet babies :)

Hope everything had gone well and your and your little ones are doing well x

Can't wait to hear about the arrival of your beautiful babies, fides!

SnowyFairest: beautiful babies!!!! Congrats mama!

Fides
: You are a trooper!!! Getting to 37 weeks is no joke. (I have to pray I keep these babies in that long because it will help surgery outcome for my Twin B.)
Praying C-S goes smoothly for you today hun!! :Yay: Can't wait to see your bundles of joy!!

Fixes, I hope all has gone well, can't wait for your update X

So, on September 27th I ended up getting a headache and my vision went a bit funny. My doula suggested I call my midwives (I was in shared care with midwives and an OB). So I called and they asked me to come in to the hospital where the on-call midwife currently was (she delivered my daughter and I LOVED her) so I did and while they were monitoring they found I was having contractions every 6 minutes. I knew that but I was certain they were just Braxton Hicks as it had happened a few times that last week. She told me I was in labour, I told her that I was certain I wasn't. She checked me and I was dilated to 3cm but I know you can be dilated to 3cm without being in labour, so I still thought it was nothing. My midwife had the on-call OB come in and he confirmed that he thought it was labour. He told me that since baby B was transverse he did not feel comfortable with a vaginal birth and wanted me to have a c-section that day. I still didn't think I was in labour but since they are professionals I consented and sent my husband home to grab our things. By the time I was in the OR getting prepped for the section (just 3 or so hours after the initial exam) I was already dilated to 5cm! I so wish I could have had a vaginal birth like with my daughter because the labour was going so easily and quickly! My daughter's labour was 44 hours long and so painful. Anyhow, the c-section went fine although I was afraid of the unexpected. I did have to go back into the hospital for another 3 days at 8 days post partum for an infection and spent 6 days total there so far and hope I never have to go back. Now I feel great for the most part and the babies are great and the only hard thing about it is trying to teach my 2 year old to listen, she loves the babies but she's so aggressive! Sorry for the novel, but that's my story.

Photo is of them around 1 week old. Samuel is on the left and Hannah is on the right.

Attachments

• babiess.jpg
    babiess.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations, Jac!!! They're gorgeous.

and here's our birth story: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...73-twin-hospital-birth-sorry-its-so-long.html

So glad it's over and we're home.

Such an ordeal i'm so sorry you had to experience that :( Glad you are home and your girls are perfect xx

Love the names you chose. I like classic names!

And can I just say that I'm really sorry you had such a nasty experience? I hated the idea of having a c-section, but never was I tied down or declined anything. My husband did leave with the babies, but they moved me to a bed and rolled me with them into the recovery room right away and even helped me put them to my breast, skin-to-skin. The nurses were (for the most part) kind and helpful... When they administered all the freezing and spinal for me it was uncomfortable and awful and my husband couldn't come in either, but once I was all numb they let him in and sat him beside my head and when we first heard our sons cry we both looked at each other in amazement, I think it was sort of magical and I watched him as my midwife walked him to the warmer and I sent my husband over right away. They never once gave us the impression that our babies were not our own. The sad thing is I have heard so many stories like yours because you live in the states. That doesn't make sense to me! You guys pay for health care and yet get treated with no respect. I think you should all start a protest, or move to Canada! I'm really happy to hear your babies are doing well and I hope you find healing from your experience.

And can I just say that I'm really sorry you had such a nasty experience? I hated the idea of having a c-section, but never was I tied down or declined anything. My husband did leave with the babies, but they moved me to a bed and rolled me with them into the recovery room right away and even helped me put them to my breast, skin-to-skin. The nurses were (for the most part) kind and helpful... When they administered all the freezing and spinal for me it was uncomfortable and awful and my husband couldn't come in either, but once I was all numb they let him in and sat him beside my head and when we first heard our sons cry we both looked at each other in amazement, I think it was sort of magical and I watched him as my midwife walked him to the warmer and I sent my husband over right away. They never once gave us the impression that our babies were not our own. The sad thing is I have heard so many stories like yours because you live in the states. That doesn't make sense to me! You guys pay for health care and yet get treated with no respect. I think you should all start a protest, or move to Canada! I'm really happy to hear your babies are doing well and I hope you find healing from your experience.

awww, tears in a good way for your birth experience! i'm just glad we're all home - i've read so many stories of mom and maybe one baby or no baby going home so soon - i'm just glad we all got to leave the same day. at least it's over is all i can say. since we've been home, life has been wonderful!!!! i love my girls so much! :cloud9: i'm totally on a twin high, lol! :)

I have a 2 year old (turns two today!) so it's mostly been tiring having everyone home but it is really nice! I am also glad there was no NICU stay. Are you nursing? That's one thing that didn't work out for me, didn't with my first either. I pumped for a year with her and I really don't know if I can pump for a year for two babies, right now I pump and supplement and I really wish I could just pump, or better yet just had good nipples!

awww, hope the birthday went well! 2's my favorite age so far. :) we're nursing, but only as an appetizer - i also couldn't nurse my first (no milk ever came in), and was only able to give my 2nd kid a little of my milk for 4 months. that's amazing that you were able to pump for a year! sooo with you on the tired part, lol!

Hi everyone,

I have loved reading though everyone's stories and seeing your precious bubs.

I'm currently 31+5. Due 9th of Jan but assuming I'll have them mid December. My main goal is to just make it to December but you just never know. I am having a boy and a girl.

I've been a nervous wreck this pregnancy (my first) and we had a pretty rough start with lots of spotting early on and then a fairly considerable bleed at 9 weeks but bubs have held on.

I have prepared very little for the bubs (stupid I know) but after being told that my chances of ever having kids was slim to none I'm finding it hard to believe and despite being nearly 32 weeks I'm still afraid to get my hopes up.

I hope all is well with everyone here.

Welcome MummyMay! I'm just a week ahead of you!

I couldn't resist joining in the fun. I'm only 9 weeks along but I was instantly addicted to the boards and all things twin. My husband and I got married in september and found out only 3 weeks later that we were pregnant. Then we found out it was twins! The shock hasn't worn off just yet. I have identical uncles but no fraternal twins that I'm aware of on my side. The doctor seemed pretty certain ours are fraternal.

I've been a nervous nancy for no good reason since day one. All I want is for both little ones to be growing and healthy at the next visit (11/25). I desperately wish I had medical equipment at home so I could see them every night.

Congratulations to all the posters ahead of me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->