Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes

Preparing
Reaction score
:hi: Everyone.

I am Twinkle toe's, I was introduced to this sight by my dear friend Sparklebaby. We have been BF for 2 years now and I am really looking forward to her getting her :bfp: .

I myself am WTT, about 2 years maybe a bit more. OH and I are relocating and we want to be settled with that before we try. I am really excited but don't tell him that (he is more ga ga than I when it comes to :baby:)

I have to confess that I never wanted kids until recently, I love children but I had such a fear of being a bad mother etc and didn't want to bring them up where we live now! But since deciding to relocate and being on this sight and growing within myself and talking to OH. I have decided I do want to brave being a Mummy and am now looking forward to when we do start TTC, although practicing is fun! ;) ;)

I was wondering if there is anything I can start doing now to get my body in tip top condition.

I also wanted to know if there was any other advice you would give (like things you wish you did or found it a great help to….?)

It's probably a random request, but since Sparklebaby introduced me to this it has really got me thinking about getting myself ready an there's a lot I didn't even know about. :blush:

I hope this all makes since!

Thanks,

Lots of Love

:hug:

:flower: Twinks :flower:

Hi Twinkle Toes and welcome to BNB
We are currently WTT but I have looked online for what to do to prepare for TTC
build healthy habits ie. (exercising, healthy diet, cutting out stress, smoking, caffeine and drinking)
Make sure to have enough folic acid (folate) in your diet (400mcg a day recommended to start taking 3 months prior to conceiving)
Drink your 8 glasses of water a day
Sometimes it's advisable to see your dr and get a check up to make sure everything is in good working order.

AH that is good to know thank you.

So really now I can Concentrate on giving up the smoking and lose weight (I have already started to do this) and then wait until nearer the time!

Thank you

Hi agian TT :) I concur with the others advice. I gave up smoking and am taking folic acid. Ought to do more exercise really but haven't quite got around to that yet. Cut down on alcohol too is a good idea.

Best of luck to you.

Hey chick.. welcome to BnB, its a great little place to come and ask for advice :) Plus get random jokes told to you when feeling a bit crap.

Hi Twinkle Toes!

I guess whenever you begin to TTC you could look on place like Ebay for great steal. I second taking care of your body.

I liked to read a lot, I think that helped me. I could recommend quite a few books.

Hi Honeybunch2k7.

Thank you that would be really good if you could recommend some books that would be really helpfull

Books-

Attachment Parenting-Granju
Thinking Woman's Guide to Better Birth-Henci Goer
Your Amazing Newborn-Klaus and Klaus
Mind over Labor-Jones
A Child is Born-Nilsson (pictures!)
Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year-E. Noble
Babies Remember Birth-Chamberlain

Sheila Kitzinger books are generally good. There is The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth and Ourselves as Mothers amongs others. Ina May Gaskin and Sears books are also generally highly recommended.

I'll probably be back with more I have tons of books!

Thsnk you so much this will all come in useful gonna look on Ask now see if I can fild them :rofl:

Yw very much. I usually get mine from Amazon. I've bought new books for a dollar plus shipping and handling-what a bargain!

(oh and if you are planning to breastfeed I could make recommendations for books on that topic)

Now I feel crazy cuz I didn't realize how many baby books i had. :blush:

Right now I am reading Presenting Unexpected Outcomes by Panuthos and Romeo. Next I want to read Pregnancy after a Loss.

I didn't even realise there was so much out there and all diffrent takes on the same subject! Its really go to know that there is all this help! xxxxx

There's sooo much out there!

One more suggestion

After the Baby's Birth-Lim

Welcome!! This is the best site for preparing! I dont know what I would have done throughout my pregnancy without this place! I am also trying to prepare in this next year for TTC #2, in regards to diet, exercise, saving more money. In all honestly tho, we were not trying, not preventing when we got pregnant with my daughter, and we didn't have tons of money, and the timing might not have been perfect, but everything worked out.

Anyway, hope the time goes by quickly for you, and you can start babymaking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->