Twins and betas

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

Just out of interest. Those with twins.................what was your betas and at what week of pregnancy did you do bloods? Do twins run in your family and what do you crave? Do you have pregnancy symptoms?

:flower:

You can see my betas in my signature. The first one is equivalent to 19dpo - I'm assuming you're probably fortunate not to know the ivf lingo. I haven't had over the top cravings or symptoms or anything, just pretty profound fatigue, but yeah my betas were super high.

I can't remember either 4.5 weeks or 4.6 weeks my levels were hcg 17,129 progesterone 24.4 didn't know twins at that point. At 5 weeks we seen two sacs I thought one was empty but the back sac also had a yolk sac in it! Don't known levels after that bc drs never checked again!

Yes, but not identical so don't know if it will pass on. Meaning two eggs instead of splitting. But came to the conclusion that beta would not be the indicator in the beginning. Lol I think I have one baby anyway. To little symptoms.

random but i heard spotting was more common with twins, dont know if thats true

i spotted in several pregnancies and bled, always one baby...

my friend has two sets of twins...had reg betas and nearly zero symptoms the whole pregnancies....lucky devil..lol
she found out twins from the sono at 7 weeks

both sets fine

If the egg split instead of 2 eggs being released then it can't run in the family id twins can come from one egg that split or two eggs. So if two eggs were released then you have a chance of that being in your family doesn't mean it is also as you get older chances go up for twins if you had were pregnant with twins your chances go up for twins again!

So it might happen? But I doubt I do have twins since my beta is too low (was 73 at 12dpo) and I have little symptoms. No ms at all.

My betas were 250 14dpo, saw two sacs at 5 weeks and heard the heartbeats at 7 weeks. Twins run in my family and my husbands, but I used fertility meds to ovulate so that could be it!

fraternal twin are not genetic but identical twins can be...and run in families

as for betas not everyone has a high beta,,most times the only thing you can tell is from the sono that ur having twins...:)

Have you had a scan angel?

It's non identical twins that run in families as that's when the ovary releases 2 eggs. Identical twins is when 1 eggs splits in two and and isn't genetic.

X

Have you had a scan angel?

It's non identical twins that run in families as that's when the ovary releases 2 eggs. Identical twins is when 1 eggs splits in two and and isn't genetic.

X

Fratrnal twins can be in families but its not genetic as you just happen to release two eggs women do that at times...or from a doctor forcing them too...this creates fratural, non identical twins..

identical twins split because its genetics, it runs in families and usually skips one or sometimes two generation and grabs the next...

in " some families it happens every generation". but that is more rare.

I dont know everything but I do know this, as I was an OB nurse for well over 10 yrs before I became a ER nurse.

Everything I've ever read says the opposite, like this one. Releasing 2 eggs is a genetic trait. An egg splitting happens at random.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-true-that-giving-birth-to-twins-runs-in-families_10323566.bc

Everything I've ever read says the opposite, like this one. Releasing 2 eggs is a genetic trait. An egg splitting happens at random.

https://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-true-that-giving-birth-to-twins-runs-in-families_10323566.bc

you can find things supportive both sides on the net. This is what I learned in school and learned when working. As well as saw in the practice.

As women we do sometimes ovulate with two eggs, it happens. Being a women lots of strange things can happen...which is why I always say isnt being a women a wonderful fun experience :)

ok, i wanted to be fair, usually dont google..

i found things supporting both sides on the Internet...

maybe there is new studies to prove both.....:shrug:

Non identicals run in families, identicals are known as flukes. I'm having my second set of non identicals (1st set mc'd) both sets naturally conceived. I got told my hcg levels were low and to expect a single pregnancy, my tests had the lightest lines ever my 1st set didn't show on on a test! I'm craving chocolate biscuits and having boys. Didn't find out it was twins till my 12week scan

My fertility doc told me that fraternals are genetic and that they're passed down the maternal line. My grandmother and aunt both had twins but she told me that since that was on my father's side it wouldn't come into play for me. My twins are through ivf so nothing genetic going on there, but it would have affected how much of a dose of fertility meds my doctor would give me back when I was trying that route. But yeah it's a tenancy to ovulate 2 eggs that runs in the family, while the embryo splitting to form identical twins is more of a fluke.

Yes hyper ovulation is genetic and only from the mothers side my grandmas cousin had 2 sets of triplets naturally, I think it's amazing the things our body can do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->